“Nice Hotel but...”

Ranked #14 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Santa Clarita, California
“Nice Hotel but...”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for 2 nights and 3 days. Arrived late at night, and the room was pretty adequate. But there were no towels in the room. Having arrived at the hotel close to 10PM, and having endured Malaysian humidity, that was frustrating. I was looking to a shower all day after flying in from Shanghai. Called downstairs, and the towels were delivered to the room within 5 minutes. Will explain later, but for the good things...

The staff are very nice and very helpful. Very courteous. Any complaints were quickly addressed. This is a very nice hotel. But the management needs to learn how to manage a hotel better.

The best part of this hotel is the swimming pool. It is one of the best pools I have been in in recent travels and I travel a lot. My 9 year old refused to get out after been in the pool for 3 hours. The Hilton next door shares the pool. Stretches across the two buildings with bars at either end.

The second thing is the public transportation 5 minutes away. Starbucks and other restaurants is at the KL Sentral 5 minutes away. Never missed my morning coffee from Starbucks.

The bad point is the room was not very clean. But having stayed at other similar hotels in Malaysia, the last couple of days, I wasn't surprised. I just wish the cleaning staff and supervisors who approve the rooms are trained better. The bathroom was not very clean, the tables were dirty with coffee stains etc. etc.

I did complain, and it was addressed promptly.

To the hotel management - I complained so you would improve. I really did not need the limousine service you provided. I thank you for it. But please improve. You have a really nice hotel. Clean the rooms properly. The bathtub did not drain properly.

I would recommend this hotel as it is a great value and in a great location. I would go there agin because of the pool and location. Just make them clean the room again. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room of a view of the parlimen building and tower. Great view both at night and dawn.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MalaysianAmerican
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear MalaysianAmerican,

Happy New Year 2013!

Thank you for your feedback and comments. Cleanliness is certainly a priority and a focus and be assured that it is taken seriously. Thank you once again and I look forward to have you back for a trouble free journey this time

Harvey Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was the first time we stayed at this hotel. We have stayed before at the Westin KL.

The Meridien's location is very convenient if travelling from the airport via the KLIA and if you are travelling alone or with very little luggage. As a family we requested an airport pick up. Car was clean and the driver very professional.

The check in took a long time and it was very hard to understand why, as there was no one there but us. Anyway, it was not that bad.

We stayed in club rooms, a bit dated and used and that is the overall feeling we got from the hotel.

Service in the restaurants was good, except at the Italian restaurant, where the manager ( lady ) was very rude, moody and probably should not be working with people. In contrast the service staff was very professional and friendly. Nice place to take the kids for meals.

The Breakfast, we always had it on the main restaurant. My daughter tried the club floor one.
I would say, that it is average and the service staff at both places are either very good or very bad.

The swimming pool...the area is pleasant, but the water is freezing cold. Not that pleasant.

Concierge: outstanding and very helpful.
Room service: as concierge

Overall was a good stay, but between Le Merdien and the Westin, we prefer the Westin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear mbamaral,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and Happy New Year 2013!

Thank you for your review and feedback. I regret to read about some of the challenges you faced and will certainly share your experience with my teams.

As you have certainly noticed we have just fully renovated our lobby, or HUB as we call it and this is certainly the first step to a extended refurbishment plan for the rest of the property.

At least I am glad to read that your kids enjoyed the pool and the dining venues, which I am sure is very important for you.

kingston
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although the hotel looks nice and has great features, the managements organization is severely lacking. For example I booked the elephant tour 48 hours in advance. When I hadn't heard from them the night before regarding details of departure etx I took it upon myself to ask the concierge. It turns out they couldn't get me a spot and failed to inform me. It was too late to book through another means. I asked to speak to management. With much cajoling they finally found me a tour i could join- but only after I stated I wanted a private tour and would only pay group prices. It turns out they advertise for rides with elephants but you only feed them. All this for 85$. Of course they don't mention this until the morning of.

Also I planned for a special package with the business office for unlimited use. Each time I tried using it they tried to charge me for my visit. I would spend 15 explaining the situation to them.

Not to mention my key didn't work several times and I'd be forced to wait twenty minutes fir a new one with repeated calls to remind them.

The pool is also totally shaded so don't expect to feel the suns warmth at all.

Horrible horrible experience

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank shortie61
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear shortie61

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

We really appreciate you taking the time to advise us about your experience and I will personally review this with our team. I was disappointed with the service that you received and would appreciate if you could contact me directly so that I can gain a little more understanding of what happened We constantly review our services and facilities so we appreciate your comments so we can continuously improve our hotel.

Warm regards

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We checked in for the Christmas and dine here as well. As regilar guest with SPG, SP for past 6 years,we are delighted that the receptionist given us a complimentary upgrade to a Premier Room. More spacious than the deluxe room.
Room theme is modern deco, clean, just nice not too small, but comfortable business hotel stay. separate wardrobe.
Bathroom is more spacious, good quality toiletries and towel, separate big tub, shower, right on top of tub is a nice big window having a commanding view of part of KL, and overlooking the pool.
Room service is good. this room is served with 6 bottles (500ml) of mineral water. Various tea and 2 packs of gourmet ground coffee for in-room making with coffee plunger, all are there at our convenience. Plenty of small fresh creamer also given inside the mini bar!
Bed is comfortable.
Will recommend to business associate, or friends..

Room Tip: Room facing pool has excellent view (attached pictures)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Phillip T

Thank you for the great review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. In fact a lot of the comments you have made in relation to the water and creamer and the quantity that are in the rooms were the result of other SPG guests who wanted to share ways we could improve and I’m just glad to see that its recognized

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at the Le Meridien KL during Christmas holidays, booked a suite with a connecting deluxe room for my 2 young kids. Tried to checkin at 4:15pm but was told that my suite is not ready and they asked me to wait by the lobby while my kids are getting restless. So after 15mins or so, there was still no progress on my room so I decided to wait at the exec lounge since I am a SPG Platinum member. Got up there and clearly this hotel is under staffed. Only one staff working her butt off to check out about 4-5 guests. Nobody approached me again and by now it's over 5pm so I asked the 1 staff at the lounge, this was her reply- " sorry sir - we are still waiting for the guest at your suite to checkout but we have charged them for being late". So I had to ask her what if the guest don't checkout??? She had a blank look!! By now I was truly unhappy and we finally got our suite at 6:30pm which made us late for our dinner appointment in town!!!! As a loyal SPG member and averaging 50+ nights at SPG hotels, this is one disappointing hotel - all I can say is I can't wait for St Regis across the road to open.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Aclim73
LeMeridienKL, Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Aclim73

Greetings from Le Meridien KL and Happy New Year 2013!

I regret to read about your journey and please may I ask you to private message me for more details as I would like to follow up on your experience.

I appreciate the feedback and I do believe it will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Le Meridien KL Sentral. Overall, the hotel lounge looks great and the reception was friendly and efficient.

Hotel security is also tight as you are not allowed to go to any floors without a key card which ensures that only room guests are allowed up.

The room itself isn't big and sufficient for our needs. All amenities are provided though we had to request for bathrobes as they were missing from our room. Slippers are a nice touch.

The bathroom however could use a little touch-up especially the grout around the bathtub and sink.

Bottled of mineral waters were also provided. All hotels I have stayed beforehand would only provide 2 (if any)....but we found 8 bottles in the room overall! That was definitely needed as tap water in Malaysia can't be consumed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LondonGreenfield
Dear LondonGreenfield,

Happy New Year 2013!

Thank you for your review and indeed security and safety of our guests is an important part of our operations. I am glad that you recognized it.

Please may I kindly ask you to private message me regarding your room as I would like to follow up on the bathroom feedback?

As you have noticed we have just renovated our lobby, or HUB as we call it and this is the first step of a more extensive renovation program.

Stay tuned

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur in December. We travelled with two young children. The room was spacious and we got two cots for the babies. Highly appreciated. Very good kid's menu in the in-room-dining menu.

Great service, great breakfast and room service, and great pool area. Very happy with everything. We would like to stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear 10H

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and Happy New Year 2013!

Trust you had a safe journey back home? Thank you for your review and such a pleasure to read. It is always rewarding when our teams are recognized for their hard work and for making the difference.

Wishing you a great start of the 2013 and trust we will see you again.