“Terrific service and food”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #13 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Meridien this past week. The service is impeccable and the buffet in the club lounge is well worth the extra $20 for the Lounge access! Food is of excellent quality with a french Executive Chef!
I will stay there again next time I am in KL!

Room Tip: get access to the Club Lounge - well worth it
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear michelg14

You are right!!! Access to the Club Lounge on level 33 is really worth the extra $$ and from food to the service, it is all one need.

See you soon

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel provides suberp value for money given the fact that its usually cheaper than the 5 star places at bukit bintang. While I was staying the hotel did undergo some major renovations which didn't affect me at all. One has to admit that the hotel doesn't provide the luxury you can find elsewhere in kl but at the same time provides great value for money since rooms and facilities in general are nice and clean. Pool and sport facilities which are shared with the attached Hilton are also first class. The bigest advantage is certainly the location. You won't get anywhere faster in kl arriving from the airport via the skytrain. At the same time you are conveniently located to reach tourist as well as business locations in town. Last but not least the staff tried hard to make my stay pleasant and I was pretty impressed by the general manager who I met at the poolside for a brief chitchat - he really takes feedback seriously and I was impressed regarding his effort of answering almost all comments on his hotel on tripadvisor in a constructive manner.

Ill certainly be looking forward to stay there again if I have a one day layover in kl... Just hope to find some special rates or discounts.

Best regards,

Maarten

• Stayed: October 2012
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear MKger,

Thank you for kind words and review. I was glad to read that we have delivered our promises even though we were under renovations at that time. We have now fully opened our HUB concept and I really hope you will make it another time around to see the transformation and give your thoughts on it.

Once again thanks for the review

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is my 2nd SPG chain hotel. Decided to choose this hotel for this time due to it's strategic location. Went there a day earlier to arrange for my proposal, staff at the counter was pretty helpful, dropped them the proposal flowers and also a gift to be used on the next day.

Checked in with a breeze and the guy over the counter Roy, was so helpful and he was aware of the special arrangements made the day before, and told me the room was ready. I booked a club floor room but was given a room on the 15th floor, asked for a room on a higher floor as I'm quite sure that the club lounge is higher up. Roy mentioned that they were pretty full and will try to get me a room as soon as possible and besides that the 15th floor room was ady prepared specially for the proposal.

Went up to the room with my unsuspecting fiancee, and upon opening the door, the room was just like any other room, no flower petals on the bed as arranged and I kept cool, made a call to the receptionist mentioning that I actually booked a club floor room, she said she'll call me back and I used that as an excuse, went back down to the lobby. Roy was so apologetic and got me a new room on the 31st floor in less than 15 minutes will all the necessary arrangements done.

When my fiancee and I went up, viola she was surprised with the flower petals and in a while, the bell boy came with my earlier prepared present. Proposed after she opened up the prop and she said yes. It certainly was a happy day !

Now let's move the other aspects of the hotel, in terms of room, I would vote for sheraton imperial KL, for it's larger room and more comfy bed. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with Le Meridien's room but for a club room, I do think it's a tad too small. As for the club lounge, very business orientated unlike Sheraton Imperial, which has a personal touch to it, making it not so formal. Staffs at the club lounge ain't as friendly as those in Sheraton Imperial, perhaps the management can look into this. They are always into their own stuff and not serving the others.

Breafast at the latest recipe was okay, nothing to shout about, choices are decent but food quality could be improved on. Didn't dine in Prime as I'm not a beef lover or the Favola. Took a stroll after the buffet dinner by the pool, night view was spectacular.

Parking was RM5 per stay with unlimited entries which is considered cheap for a secured hotel parking. No complains on this. Location was super, just opposite KL sentral, for non drivers the KTM commuter and the LRT would get you anywhere in the city.

This hotel would always remain a memorable one for us and to Roy, thanks again for everything and the special arrangements.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kenlui85,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for your feedback and all the details. I regret to read about the challenges you had , however was very glad that Roy was able to sort this out and recover the beginning of the stay and that you will keep it as a special stay.

Congratulations on your engagement and hope that you will let me know if I can be of assistance in future. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to be at your service for another memorable journey with us.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Three nights of pampering by friendly, efficient staff in the SPG floors & Club Lounge. All sign of refurbishment gone and room clean and comfortable. Free WiFi throughout and free cable broadband in room. With expansive breakfast selection and across the road from KL Sentral, all the boxes were ticked.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear MisterAccountant,

It was a pleasure to read your review and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Indeed our refurbishment is completed and I hope that you had a chance top experience our HUB? Glad to know that you fully enjoyed the Club Lounge benefits and this is how it should feel indeed.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hotel is very convenience direct in the front of transport hub in Zentral KL .Room is very clean and modern and comfy bed and after renovation in the Lobby look good .Check in was very fast also check out & good hotel facility.

Room Tip: For better view choose Higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Wimpyjono,

Greetings form Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, Thank you for the feedback and your comments on our new “hub” We are now working on our program of discovery with new artists each month and hope that you return to us on your next visit to KL and see what’s we are up to.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Following a spate of below-par and unmemorable hotel stays of late, my time at the Le Meridien in KL was a welcome change. The rooms are large and extremely comfortable and the over-sized bathroom was literally a breath of fresh air. Although a little sad to say, the room and its amenities really made me feel like I didn't want to go outside but rather to request a yoga mat to exercise in my room and have meals delivered by room service. The location of the hotel for this particular trip was perfect as the majority of my meetings were in KL Sentral and the few times I needed to go 'downtown' there were always taxis waiting and never a problem navigating my way back. This isn't a 'wow' kind of property but it is one that actually delivers on its promise of a luxury stay - in perhaps one of the least expected locations.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank LuxeTravelerHK
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear LuxeTravelerHK,

Thank you for your review and this is how it should feel! Comfortable with a touch of home.

Many thanks for the review and looking forward to welcome you back

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We came from a very long journey from europe, and arrived to the hotel by KLIA expres -which is as close as you can wish.

Its a nice hotel and the staff are very good and we were checked in quickly. The pool-area is fantastic and the room-service is perfect.
We "lost" our suitcases is somewhere between Doha and KL and the staff grabbed the problem at once and took care.
This is a nice hotel if you just have to stay over for a night or 2 - But the rooms are average and definately not 5 stars.

All in all okay with our offer for 1 night, but not for a luxury week-end in KL.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear DonaMalaga,

Thank you for your feedback and it is great to read that our team members made a difference and were able to assist you. We are working towards the new design for the guest rooms and hope to be able to show case a sample in the near future. We trust you enjoyed your journey in Malaysia and hope that you come back to us when next in KL

Best regards