“Excellent hotel!”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #10 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice location in the city center, both old and modern centers are by walking distance. Hotel is by taxi an hour from the airport. Friendly, impeccable service. A bit pricey, though. Superb pool area. Rooms in the upper floors have a magnificent view over KL.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear JohnnyboyFinland,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your feedback and the positive impression we have been able to leave on your stay. Hopefully on your next visit the new shopping mall will be open to provide a little more convenience right here in KL Sentral. Our strategic location beside KL Sentral allows our guests to get around the city with ease by commuting through train or taxi. Besides catching a cab, an alternative choice of getting to the hotel from the airport is by the KLIA Express which gets you from KLIA to the comforts of the hotel within 28 minutes.

Harvey Thompson

Write a ReviewReviews (2,919)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Le Meridien is located right at the central train station, so the location is very good for getting around by transit (which is quite easy to do in Kuala Lumpur). The rooms a very nice, and clean. As well, the breakfast buffet in the mornings is very good, with plenty of options for everyone. One recommendation if you are staying here: The hotel is attached to the Hilton hotel, so when taxiing back, we found that taxi drivers always understood the Hilton (but not Le Meridien), so we would get them to take us next door. It was very easy!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kalyso,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for the positive feedback and tip in terms of the Taxi. Something for us to work on from now on

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I'm a regular Platinum visitor to the Le Meridien - mainly for convenience to Sentral's train transport options and fact that I'm an SPG Platinum guest. Rooms are now getting VERY tired. My room didn't appear to be upgraded on my last stay and was indeed very run down. Blinds were damaged and dirty. Bathroom stained grouting and annoying flow reduction on the basin sink making shaving slow and tedious. The beds aren't the quality I expect nowadays (noting Le Meridiens elsewhere have great sleeper beds). Television was small and poor signal quality.

On the positive side, the Club Lounge staff and selection for evening cocktails quite good.

On the negative side, the check-in experience in the lobby was cumbersome and didn't seem to recognise a frequent Platinum guest with around 70 nights thus far this year. Maybe I'm being a snob, but when you spend that much with a brand, you expect some really nice treatment - in fact, everyone should!

Dear MangoRacin,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your loyalty and taking the time to provide your feedback. We have started a refresh of our rooms with the following areas now being started , Restoration of the stone in the bathroom and bed room ,restoration of the TV cabinet with new DVD player , change of the roller blinds, new internet technology upgrade and update of the Hotel TV system. Changes to the internet and TV are due to signal issues with the development around KL Sentral affecting our ability to get a clear strength and new technology requiring more improved internet AP devices. Other areas were planned to be re done in order to keep our rooms refreshed and tidy. A full rooms refurbishment will then be the next phase in the coming year where the whole look and feel will be changed and updated.

I thank you for your kind words on our Club Lounge team and glad you enjoy the products served and its quality. I do take note on your feedback regarding the recognition and I agree that our Elite members should always be recognized for the loyalty and support they provide our and I regret to read that we fell short in your recent experience.

As a regular traveler to our property, I hope this has not deterred you from revisiting us and ask that you contact me when your next here so that I can discuss your concerns directly

Once again thank you for your time and I do believe that feedback is a gift as it helps us evolve and better our service.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel was nice and predictable. The room was clean and quite comfortable.

That said, I found the hotel amenities lacking. I ordered internet services for my room but it wouldn't connect. After calling the front desk the IT technician came up to the room and discovered that all cables had been disconnected from the wall. After he fixed them, the internet promptly timed out within an hour. Up the tech came again....

I'm starting to feel that all hotels that charge extra for internet services are a rip off. In this day and age free internet is a must. I don't want to be nickel and dimed for every charge associated with the room. And if you offer amenities for a fee - they need to be in perfect working order.

I was being picked up by a client and told the bellman that I was expecting a ride. He told me to sit down in the lobby and he would inquire what cars were waiting for pick-ups. After 10 minutes of sitting there, I ventured out on my own to find my ride had been waiting there for 15 minutes. Where was the bellman? Chatting with his friends.

If you were traveling from the airport the location is great for the train service into the central station - 28 minutes by train beats the hour by car any day.

1  Thank Nejolla
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am a SPG Platinum guest, Staying in this hotel for quiet long time(may be more than 100 nights), Terribble experience, internet sucks,(speed goes down to 0.09mbps),
hotel staff has attitude problem, kind of 'don't care' attitude.
Bath room stinks! after many complaints, they could not do much about it!
not recommended for long duration stay and for business stay.

3  Thank manoj_1234
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear manoj_1234,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to write on your experience during your recent stay with us. In terms of your comments relating to the internet., we have initiated a project to replace all the AP devices in all guest rooms to help improve the Wi-Fi connectivity and ensure that the signal strength is able to find I pads, smart phones and expect completion to be by the end of August or first week on September this year. The band width for the hotel is over 20m and software in place to help ensure that downloads do not slow down other users were possible. We will continue to monitor this area and work with our provider to see what else can be done.

The challenger that you experienced with your bath room is a top priority and we have been working with our building contractor to identify what might be the cause of this concern and what can be done, unfortunately the intermittent issue has made this a challenge, however one we are determined to manage. I was disappointed that you make reference to a don’t care attitude as our hotel staffs undergo much training in order to ensure that we constantly provide an enjoyable experience to all our guests. I do take note of your feedback and will continue to work on improving these area

Sincerely

Reviewed July 28, 2012

i stayed here in july 2012 for a conference. The rooms are slightly old concept and slightly smaller bathrooms than my expectation for a hotel of this class. the room service etc was very good though. The best thing about it is that it is next to sentral station and the monorail... so very convinient to travel to all the important tourist and other places around the city. The breakfast had a good spread but the service slow as i think they couldnt deal with the hotel full of delegates for 2 conferences happenning there at the same time. all said and done ... not bad... i rate it very good cos its definately better than average!

Room Tip: take a higher room for better views of the city

Dear psychodoc,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

I am pleased to read you were satisfied with the variety of food and quality. I thank you for your comments about the service and will share with the appropriate departments. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in a new transformed lobby and event space that should be completed by the end of October 2012

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights, and I must say it was a pleasant and relaxing experience.
The pool - shared by the adjoining Hilton hotel - is set up nicely, making the impression of a vacation getaway.
I'd welcome more plug-ins, especially by the bed, not only at the desk near the TV. Quite wide selection of channels, as well as some magazines for an initial orientation in the city, in addition to daily newspaper delivery.
The rooms were clean and spacious, with windows running through the whole wall height, offering a view over the city (even though mine was facing a development area with lots of cranes..and a highway). Some pieces of furniture (armchair) have obviously been around for a while...
The hotel management decided to go green by offering a decline of daily in-room cleaning (changing the linen, stocking new toiletries, bottled waters, tea etc) for a max of 3 consecutive nights. For this, they distributed a RM 15 voucher to be used in their restaurants of cafe, or to be turned into points for a frequent guest account.
Overally, I had a bit impersonal feeling from the hotel and its staff, which me be due its size.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Zuzana M,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the amenities and facilities. I hope that you managed to participate in our Green Programme which you have rightly described in the above. What a great way to engage into making the world (or at least our guests) participate to an eco friendly process and try to minimize the impact of chemicals, water and electricity usage.

I thank you for sharing your feelings and I am sure that our soon to be newly transformed lobby will create the additional interaction and personal touch.