“Good hotel and receptionist”

Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #13 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel from 27 to 31 October it is very good hotel, rooms and accommodation. The receptionist who received us was male and was not friendly nor smiling. Later we met very professional receptionist I believe her name was Melissa. She helped us a lot in our tour by showing us the hop on and off booklet and explaining us how to take it. Even in check out she was smiling leaving good impression on all of the family member.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Fayez f,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

We appreciate you staying with us and value the time taken to share your experience. I am sorry to read that one of our staffs appeared as not being engaging. On the other hand, I am absolutely pleased to read that Melissa made a difference. I will certainly congratulate her for making the difference and leaving such a positive impression on your stay.

Again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Can recommend this Hotel highly, stayed in a superb Club Room but what really made this Hotel was the wonderful, helpful and friendly staff.
Hotel just a quick walk once you get off the train from the Airport.
Lovely pool area and the Buffet Breakfast and Dinner in their Restaurant 'Latest
Recipe" the choice was beyond belief.
If you stay in a Club Room you can eat breakfast either in the Club Lounge or at
the Buffet absoutely worth the extra.

Room Tip: Club Room top floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear katrinawehipeihana,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

It was real pleasure to read your comment and thank you for posting it onto Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our Club Lounge and our associates too. The benefits are indeed very valuable and having the option to have breakfast in the Club or at Latest Receipe restaurant is a good way to try both options.

It was truly a pleasure to read that you enjoyed Latest Recipe and I will pass this review to our excellent culinary team.

katrinawehipeihana, thank you for kind words and we we hope to welcome you once again the next time your travels brings you back to KL.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed for a second time earlier this year. Very conveniently located. Airline bus from LCCT brings you directly to KL Sentral and the hotel is located right across. This time stayed in a club room - well worth the extra expense. Well appointed rooms - although on the smaller side. Generously sized bathroom. The lounge has great expansive views of the KL skyline. The breakfast had a good selection and found the staff to be very attentive. The pool is small but clean - located on the eighth floor terrace. Will stay again next time in KL.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for the club lounge.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear GlobeTripping747,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

And thank you for staying with us a second time this year. I am very please to read such great comments about our Club rooms and level of service you received at the Lounge. The views from the Lounge are certainly worth the detour and share an amazing view on KL. Indeed the food served and the intimate atmosphere makes it a special place to enjoy.

We are very proud of our pool and though it might be perceived narrow due to its curvy forms, it is however the longest free form swimming pool in Kuala Lumpur.

GlobeTripping747, once again thank you for sharing your experience with the world and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here for 2nights with my 2 daughters (aged 6 and 12). The room was easily big enough for 2 twin beds and a roll-in additional bed and was clean and comfortable. The pool area was lovely and my daughters were excited to see a water slide- sadly it wasn't working whilst we were there. We ate lunch at the pool restaurant and my only complaint would be that the food wasn't served together (I had finished my salad before my daughter was served her pizza) and we were all badly bitten by Mosquitos. We asked for spray but the waiter didn't seem to understand quite what we needed.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be near the airport station and who didn't need to be in the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear tamarind116,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

First of all I am pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I thank you for staying with us. I agree that our rooms are spacious and even our twin bed rooms have the extra space to accommodate a 3rd person. Our twin beds are actually larger than a standard twin bed and therefore it still gives a sense of comfort. However I do regret that your daughters were unable to use the water slide. We do periodic maintenance to ensure that all the equipment is in a safe and working condition. I will certainly look into the food delivery component as having a meal all together as a family is an enjoyable experience. I will also look into the issue of the mosquitoes. We do have a pest control supplier and will be contacting them to seek their assistance on how we can reduce this nuisance.

Again, thank you for staying with Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and your feedback.

I hope you and your family had a safe journey back home and please do not hesitate to contact the Hotel, should your travels bring you back to KL

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Located across the street from the airport train stop and not far from city centre this hotel was convenient, clean and fine for a short business stay. Staff were very helpful in returning lost property after my stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thatmarion
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Hello PrincessMaz,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur and for taking the time to share your experience with the world. Indeed KL Sentral is a convenient location to reach the Hotel whether from the airport or the city center. It is always a pleasure to acknowledge that our team respects guests’ belongings and we do recognize them through our care for guests and honesty certificates.

Again, we appreciate you staying with us and writing a review here on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you again the next time you are in Kuala Lumpur.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at the Le Meridien from Sept. 11 to 17 , 2011. In all my 32 years of travel i have never come across a hotel with daily fluctuating rates based on occupancy.

As my sister lives in Kuala Lumpur, we were deciding between Le Meridein and the Hilton next door. My sister called both hotels on Sept. 9 and the Le Meridien offered a better rate at MYR$400.00. So the next day morning around 10.30 am., I went to Le Meridien, requested at the front desk I wanted to book a standard room from Sept. 11 to Sept. 17 for the MYR $400.00 rate.
I said, “my sis called last night and spoke to the operator and she quoted us $400.00.” The lovely front desk staff, replied, : there is no $400.00 only $500.00. I told the young woman, I would confirm this "new" rate with my sister. I called my sister and informed her there is no $400.00 rate. My sister called back and asked to speak to the reservation or booking manager, a Chinese man by the name is Mr. Ng or something of that sound. His informed my sister, to book myself in now as the rates went up and could go up even higher. My sister was also told, if she wanted the $400.00 rate she would have to called back often to find when the rate when down.

She did tell him this is ridiculous as who is going to be calling every 20 minutes to check rates to book into a hotel when KL is full of hotels. I was tired and was still overcoming my jet lag after my flight from Toronto and just agreed to the $500.00 rate.

The room was nothing great as it faced a constructionsite and yes one could hear the noise of the cranes and banging.

Adding to the mystery, when I said, my sister had just spoken to the reservation or booking manager, the front staff had no idea who Mr. Ng is . Strange! After all this headache, I checked in , provided passport, credit card , etc. and asked the staff why do the rates fluctuate up and down.

Here is three of their responses verbatim and I spoke to them individually: “We know many customers find this rate increase daily and or hourly very annoying and surprising. But we can’t do anything about it as it is directions from management.” The rationale they gave was, “As rooms get booked, we are informed the rate increase.”

I am aware that room rates do go up when a conference /event is ongoing –but not when it is based on general occupancy or rates on an hourly basis. This is unethical business practice and basically fleecing travellers and not to mention based on plain GREED. .

I have only travelled and stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels for 32 years-never in my life have I heard such unethical business practices. Upon my return home to Canada, I looked online upon my return back to Toronto, the online rates and via Facebook for Le Meridien is MYR $289.00++. So how did this rate jump to $500.00?

As I was tired I thought I would request an in-room massage. As the brochure was in the room , I called the Spa – which I found was in Hilton. When the masseur arrived, I asked her, “where is the massage table or where would I lay down? She said “on the edge of the bed horizontally.” Inspite of the ergonomics I had a good massage. But it is also about is about occupational health and safety for staff and clients.
This to me is very PROBLEMATIC for many reasons!
1. A bed does not provide adequate horizontal support for most people let alone persons with back problems, neck problems or other health issues.
2. It creates chronic back aches for the masseur to be massaging a client at such a low height, repeatedly.
3. It is not professionally for a Spa to ask their women masseurs to crawl around on a customer bed to massage the client.
4. It is extremely unsafe for any women masseur to be on a client bed as it can lead to sexual assault and violence.
5. When I asked the women –‘Why can’t the Hilton or Le Meridien buy carry on massage bed.” She said, “The staff have requested many times to the Spa and they have not purchased it.”
6. I Would strongly recommend both hotels to spend a bucks and get some portable massage beds for their staff. Treat the masseurs with respect for the back breaking work they do.

Would I stay at the Le Meridien again? No , I would not as KL is full of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. And if are looking for a hotel near the Central Station , then stay at Summerview Hotel across the street for MYR$100.00. Clean and central and professional services.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you are travelling through KL Sentral, then this hotel is ideally located. Just a moment's walk (and a lift ride) away from the terminal, it is perfectly located to check-in your bags for a flight (with Emirates, Malaysian or certain other airlines) before breakfast, letting you have a lie in.

The room was as you'd expect from a 5* hotel, and the service friendly and welcoming. Nothing to complain about in amenities and service. The bathroom had drainage problems (slow to drain from shower/bath), which I pointed out to the staff after our short overnight stay. I wasn't at the hotel long enough to say if this was fixed.

Although the hotel is next to KL Sentral, which offers a number of eating options, we ended up in the hotel restaurant. This was an excellent choice with attentive service and great food, at prices that were not excessive given the class of hotel. I would also highly commend the breakfast - with such a range and quality as I've never seen before anywhere!

The swimming pool was pleasant, with a view of part of KL but a feeling of not being in the city. It has a slightly strange wiggling arrangement, and a feeling of having been belatedly divided from the apparently joined Hilton pool. In fact, you can walk between the two hotels at pool level. The pool also has a small bar for relaxing at, although with the dominating building works next door, I have to wonder how pleasant this is in the daytime.

Overall a good hotel - as you would expect for a 5* chain hotel. Slightly soul-less, but that comes with being a large chain, but in exchange you get satisfaction of good quality.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienKL, General Manager at Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear stuart1973,

Greetings from Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent visit in KL and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. You are right, KL Sentral is perfectly located just opposite of the Hotel and the airline check-in services there are extremely convenient.

I do regret you encountered some issues with the drainage and have already started a check of all rooms again to ensure we do not have further issues with is. It was absolutely a delight to read your compliments about our restaurants and food! I will definitely share your comments with our culinary team and congratulate them on a job well done. The small bar by the pool, Patio, also serves excellent food while relaxing by the pool (the longest free form pool in KL).

Again, thank you for choosing Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur stuart1973. We hope to be of service again the next time you visit Kuala Lumpur.