First stay here, over 3 nights and Shangri-la KL, triumphs over its local competitors in customer service, hands down, and matches the best hotels in the luxurious experience.
Arrival from KLIA by taxi costs about MYR78, fixed price taxi voucher obtained from the airport taxi counter. As we had booked a Horizon Club room, we were warmly escorted to the Horizon Club on the second level to have a more exclusive check-in. Luggage was handled professionally, and were not seen until we arrived in our room. The suite we had was luxurious in interior design, furnishing and amenities, at the top of the class.
Horizon Club lounge was one of the biggest I have experienced, with efficient service and high quality food provisions. The club also provides free DVD rentals for use in the room. Do allow some time to experience the state of the art gym and unisex spa, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
The most impressive bits for us, as you can read most of the others from the other reviews are: -
- excellent telephone request tracking system, whereby a shortage of delivery request was traced back to identify where something might have gone wrong
- one of the best and most consistent internal communication systems amongst staff for optimal delivery of the best customer service experience
- genuine and warm hospitality everyday we are there, from the time of arrival, in the club lounge to departure.
We want to especially thank Ms Sarvinder Kaur for her diligence in providing one of the best customer service experience we ever encountered.
P.S. Always allow ample time if catching a taxi to the airport, because the central location of the hotel, whilst great to be in the heart of the city, can be a bit of a traffic havoc, especially around peak hour traffic and rain. We were caught in traffic for 1 hour after leaving the hotel, before hitting the highway to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, an award winning 5-Star luxury hotel renowned for its consistent extraordinary customer service, culinary and fine dining experience. Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's commercial, entertainment and shopping district with easy access to most tourist attractions. The only hotel in KL that sits within beautiful lush gardens offering extensive meetings facilities, large multi-divisible ballroom along with wide variety of guest rooms, 101 suites and a Horizon Club that caters to business/ leisure travellers, MICE delegates as well as high profile guests and socialites. It's an extraordinary place to stay, dine and meet in KL! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Kuala Lumpur
- Shangri La Hotel Kuala Lumpur