2 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$72
Priceline$72
Prestigia.com$103
8,418 results
All reviews horizon club lemon garden chocolate fountain arthur's bar petronas towers lobby lounge upgraded to a suite fantastic hotel pool area is breakfast buffet five star hotel club room an upgrade monorail station late check bukit bintang lafitte
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2012

What an amazing experience. The hotel itself, is situated right in the heart of KL. Within walking distance to the Twin Towers, restaurants, Medical Centre. The staff were friendly, and attentive, always willing to help. The rooms, were clean, and of the highest standards. The breakfast provided a wide variety if meals, embracing Malaysia`s different cultures. My girls were so impressed with Room Service. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will definitely visit again. Thank You for making our stay a memorable one, thus ensuring that we loved your country...

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Meloshnee M
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had stayed here for 3 nights 2012 AUG as my short vacation.
1) Room condition was great. Clean and Shiny. But there was nothing to say about view. (Even though it was facing to Twin tower, but it's too far and many barriers). And it was little noisy due to traffic.
2) Swimming pool, it was disappointing. Good facility but too noisy (because a road with high traffic is very near). It was little hard to take a nap or calm resting time.
3) Food was great. Even though breakfast buffet restaurant itself was not great (I feel it's similar with university cafeteria), food was good.
4) Service from staff was good.
5) Location is not good to me, because it’s not easy for walking to somewhere, and taking taxi (traffic jam near the hotel). Public transportation is not efficient and comfortable for using. (I really do not recommend if you have young kids)
I will stay here again if it’s business trip, not for vacation.

Room tip: Room condition is good, but can be little noisy and not with good view
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank luckyrabit
Reviewed October 31, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel, we had high expectations having come from shangri la Singapore.
We where met at the door by the hotel receptionist, which was a nice touch, However Things went down hill fast from here on.
The room upgrade to the horizon club which was requested from shangri la Singapore on our behalf had been let to someone else and as a consequence the only room available was a suite which cost me an additional £100 per night plus taxes and service chargewhich is not what i Booked
When we did go into the horizon club for afternoon tea, the waiting staff where not attentive as per Singapore and even managed to get my order wrong...Twice!
I asked for a class of champagne only to be told it was not available and I would be billed extra if I really wanted it. (it was complementary in Singapore)
The room which I paid extra for was of a poor standard for the cost and was dirty and dusty ( this must be a shangri -la thing..dusty rooms!)

At this point I complained to the duty manageress, whom was very good and set about correcting every thing, which she did.

My only other issue was that I was billed for a limo transfer to the airport, which I never asked for or used and took my agent 5 weeks to recover.

all in all if you must stay at the shangri-la; stay in Singapore, this place is a shambles!

Room tip: Stay in Singapore!
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank S1OLB
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had two nights in this hotel and had a great time. Usual Shangri La hospitality - but not as stuffy as some I have stayed in, at least they ley you press the lift button of you want to. The staff in all areas were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. In particular can I mention the staff in Arthurs bar who couldn't have done any more for us. Great location, great service and to be honest the room rates were reasonable. Not a big fan of the breakfast so I wouldn't be bothered about booking room only if it was a better deal - do you really want a chocolate fountain and marshmallows at 9am! Have stayed in Traders too which was very good - but for hospitality and facilities we would choose Shangri La

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jelly03
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Shangri La KL is not only a truly "Grand" Hotel, it is an icon in KL hotelier history. The attention to detail combined with the Aura of a Grand Hotel make this place still today an island of excellence. With that bravado comes their great F&B offerings, top cuisine to the casual club sandwich or their delicious liquid snack, the signature pumpkin soup at the lobby lounge. The staff are real pros and they never fail to do their best to attend to the guests, be that the in house guests or visitors. Their Lobby Lounge is a nice reminder of how a Grand Hotel can deliver an atmosphere of peace and tranquility, wrapped in warm lighting, be that day or night. They all got it right. The Shangri La is number one, and this since decades. Keep it going, keep the good work up.

Room tip: Book early, the Hotel is very busy all year around. They do always their level best to try to get rooms desired.
Date of stay: October 2012