“Perfect place for long weekend with the family”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #49 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My family & I thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at The Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur. The location & facilities are ideal for a family long weekend.

The hotel's location next to the world class Pavilion Shopping Mall kept my wife very happy (oh they also have a great cinema (www.gsc.com.my) with gold class section which is excellent).

However, it was the Hotel's pool that really made the weekend as my son enjoyed every spare moment swimming. The pool is a nice depth (1.53m) as oposed to many pools at KL hotels which are too shallow to have a proper 'splash'.

The Hotel rooms were very comfortable & the staff service was flawless.

I recommend that any folk staying pay a little extra for a suite room, having the extra room made the weekend so much more enjoyable, plus the hotel included club floor lounge access & broadband for free and the suite room had a DVD player in the sitting room which kept my son very happy in the evenings.

All in all, it was a great fun weekend & we'll definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,085)

Reviewed January 31, 2010

Check-In

Dave- Duty Mgr was there to greet and took me up to the 18th Floor Executive Lounge to check-in. Sham was flawless and answered all my questions. There was a room assigning to the ''renovated" room, he even offered us a drink while waiting. Daughter has some snacks and cookies and well.

Room

Clean, spacious and the extra bed was already there when I check in. A wonderful stress reliever. Had a room view of HSBC which is away from the construction noise of the Berjaya building opposite the Grand Millennium. There even a weighing scale while made me 5kgs lighter. Very good. Water pressure very good. Amenities and toiletries ample however the shower gel was not provided. Has to ask for it though.

All the lights and aircon was working fine. No complains.

Towels- Fluffy and ample as well.

Pillows and bed, very comfortable.

The side table lamp could use a dimmer in case some one needs to read. Other than that, no complains

Arm chair- Comfortable

Workstation-Sufficiently sized table

LCD TV- Standard

Broadband

Very stable and fast, very easy login and no password to be keyed in. The LAN cable is an excellent compared to the normal Wi-Fi provided at other hotels which are unstable. No complains. Even registered my "The Loaf" privilege card. Able to surf effortlessly.

Complimentary Laundry

Arzam was professional and has my laundry returned within 2 hours. Now that is service.

Evening cocktail Hour

Food-Ample finger foods replenished only once at 1900hrs when I was there. Chicken -good, Asparagus- Good

Drinks- Sufficient but the liquor selection I feel should be expended. The Italian wine is excellent though. Very smooth.

The beer and wine was excellent for relaxing evening. 100Plus provide is my daughters favorite. So there is a plus point.

Dinner @ The Mill

Linda your Assistant Manager was not there when we went in but spoke to me and my family when we were halfway along our dinner.

Food- Varies, wonderful and of high quality

Oysters- From Europe I think, very high quality. Wife loved it.

Sushi bar-Ample and tasty

Particular prawn dish- Yellow gravy with only only the tail with shell. The prawn body is shelless. The chef is from Bangi. Excellent and I think it is cooked with Chilly Padi. Probably had 15 prawns.

Roast beef- Succulent and should have a brown sauce available.

BBQ-Average

Indian Food- Excellent

Cabonara- One of the best, very little gravy ( thick based ), very European like recipe.

Salad bar-Good enough

Dessert- The chocolate fountain is my daughter's favourite.

Service- Attentive but not intrusive, very professional. Plates were cleared once you have left the table.

Conclusion- A very full and hearty dinner, wish I had 4 stomachs to eat more.

Newspaper Delivery @ 4.56am

Yup I took note of the time as I was awake at that time. Very early and very good.

Breakfast @ The Mill

Egg Station- No complains

Waffle and bread section- Varied and one of the best. Tasty as well.

Miso Soup- Tasty but maybe not enough bean curd taste.

Conclusion- Varied and tasty, Much better than JW Marriot and Ritz Charlton breakfast.

Pool

Good variety in depth so child and adult of as ages can swim. No complains

Check-Out

Dave and Sham was there. No issues and thank you again for the wonderful time.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jaychan8888
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel twice - each time on the executive club floors, and consider it the best hotel in KL. Next to the Pavillion shopping centre and 5 minutes from 4 other major malls.
Great service, excellent food, wonderful rooms.
This will always be my accommodation when I am in KL.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Booked 2 adjoining rooms at this hotel for the 5 of us. Check in was smooth and quick despite what I had expected from reading previous reviews. The service was evident from the moment we stepped out of the taxi. The rooms were reasonably sized and very comfortable with huge marble bathrooms. Breakfast was a feast with everthing you could imagine from cereals, fruits donuts,waffles, bacon, eggs, curries, rice as well as a lot of things that I didn't recognise. There were no queues for breakfast either.
we were always seated straight away. The lobby is luxurious and the location is within walking distance to the monorail and pavillion mall adjacent for shopping.

Reviewed January 15, 2010

The location was unbelievable. If you are a shopper loooking for a bargain this would be it! Yes it is tired and check in was slo. Howerver for what we paid it was very good value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a 120sqm suite with breakie, three pieces of laundry per day and club access for $250AUD a night.

Reviewed January 9, 2010

This time when i went to KL i decided on the Regent .. it was a cool place .. very affordable and service was excellent .. they have very nice and comfortable rooms, nice view, good restaurant with splendid buffet dinner on sat night and hearty breakfast. The pool was a bit small though. it is right in the heart of shopping area. SPA is littel small which need some attention.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I am a hotelier so I am generally quite forgiving of operational problems. But there are definitely areas that I feel should be improved on.

To begin with, let's talk about first impressions. Reservations was commendable - prompt replies, polite. Entrance was impressive too. The hotel has obviously gone through renovation/refurbishment recently. New carpets, great design - EXCEPT for the reception area.

They have a big floor area for the reception, which is good. But perhaps to make the area looks more cosy and impressive, it was done with 6 desks, each with 2 chairs in front of it - to make guests feel comfortable I suppose. The 6 desks are split into 2 arrivals, 2 departures, 1 concierge and one more unlabeled.

My friends and I arrived in the afternoon at about 12pm. There was a queue waiting to be checked in. Yes, there were 4 guests sitting down at the 2 counters, and about 6 of us standing up. Not to mention, the check-in process for those 4 seemed to be taking forever.

After standing for a while, one of the staff came around to invite us to take a sit. To be fair to him, he was really friendly and really remembered the sequence of the guests that arrived so we didn't have to worry about 'queue-cutting'. Our turn came a while later where I realised the problem behind the queues. The guy serving us seemed to be new and he was on his own. Either he was really new or he was really slow. He had to seek assistance of his colleagues various times before he was able to tell us our rooms will only be ready by 3pm. That was fine by us.

So off we went for lunch and returned to the hotel close to 4pm for our rooms. The staff (not sure if he was from reception or concierge) told us only one room was ready but will send us key for our other room when it's verified clean by their housekeeping. My friend got rather impatient and tried to ask them again why our rooms took so long. The staff's reply was "You can call Housekeeping to check, madam." It wasn't an acceptable remark at all, no matter how busy you are. We sought the assistance of another receptionist and she then offered to go up personally to check the status of the room.

Everything was more or less fine (and the rooms were in good condition - obviously refurbished) till our departure, where there was yet another line for check-out. About 3-4 rooms waiting for 1 counter to be checked-out. It was 2.30pm. We had a flight to catch so we got a manager to help us.

There's a major problem with the set-up of reception counter and the manning. It could be a standing reception to fit in more counters. I for one wouldn't mind standing if it means I could be attended to quickly. There should be more staff around during peak arrival and departure times/dates. They get a log daily of incoming and outgoing guests so planning can be done anyway.

New staff/trainees should be supervised closely - if it is a peak season then it brings me back to having more staff for front office. Staff needs to be trained on what can and cannot be told to guests.

Other than that, I would still recommend the hotel for its location, decor, and the other service areas are pretty decent. Love the new uniforms, by the way.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends