Was staying at the Grand Millennium 28 Nov to 1 Dec for a work conference.
Like everyone else said, the location is awesome if you're in town for shopping. Pavilion is right next door, there are lots of malls and restaurants and pubs all around, there is an overhead linkway to KLCC that's a brisk 10 minute walk away. One tip, walk or take the rail where possible, especially during peak hour. Traffic along Jalan Bukit Bintang is practically at a standstill during those times.
The hotel was fine. Impressive lobby, the restaurants (the Mill Cafe and the Tenjin japanese restaurant) had great food, the gym and pool were pretty big, all things considered, all the staff were professional and friendly.
The room itself was a little old, but everything worked, and I particularly liked that it was huge (granted, I had the king sized bed -- twin rooms would be a little tighter for space). I shifted the ottoman a little and had a really nice spot for yoga. :)
Another plus point was the bathroom, which had a separate enclosed shower stall and bathtub.
The conference areas (we were on the ones at the third floor) were your standard run-of-mill meeting rooms. I did like that the hotel staff were professional, plus they served up great coffee (essential for keeping awake!) and snacks.
Just a tiny quibble on the wifi access. We were given free wifi access (password came with the key card) and that was valid for our rooms and the lobby area. However, at the conference rooms proper, we were told we had to pay an additional 78 ringgit per person per day. This was a bummer, especially since I was hoping to access my work mails during the conference.
Other than that, everything was fine! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Bukit Bintang, Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur is an international five-star hotel nestled within the luxuries of the city’s fascinating Golden Triangle. Adjacent to the popular Pavilion Kuala Lumpur Shopping Mall and situated right across Starhill Gallery, Fahrenheit 88, Bintang Walk as well as Lot 10 Shopping Complex, the hotel is home to 468 spacious guestrooms including 16 suites, well-appointed with plush beddings, LCD TV and floor-to-ceiling windows that boast the city’s breathtaking skyline. A luxurious urban retreat, the hotel features an outdoor resort-style swimming pool, state-of-the-art fitness centre, holistic treatments at The Spa, four distinguished culinary options and 1,500 square metres of atmospheric meetings and events space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Grand Millennium