“Decent Conference Hotel”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #47 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Was staying at the Grand Millennium 28 Nov to 1 Dec for a work conference.

Like everyone else said, the location is awesome if you're in town for shopping. Pavilion is right next door, there are lots of malls and restaurants and pubs all around, there is an overhead linkway to KLCC that's a brisk 10 minute walk away. One tip, walk or take the rail where possible, especially during peak hour. Traffic along Jalan Bukit Bintang is practically at a standstill during those times.

The hotel was fine. Impressive lobby, the restaurants (the Mill Cafe and the Tenjin japanese restaurant) had great food, the gym and pool were pretty big, all things considered, all the staff were professional and friendly.

The room itself was a little old, but everything worked, and I particularly liked that it was huge (granted, I had the king sized bed -- twin rooms would be a little tighter for space). I shifted the ottoman a little and had a really nice spot for yoga. :)

Another plus point was the bathroom, which had a separate enclosed shower stall and bathtub.

The conference areas (we were on the ones at the third floor) were your standard run-of-mill meeting rooms. I did like that the hotel staff were professional, plus they served up great coffee (essential for keeping awake!) and snacks.

Just a tiny quibble on the wifi access. We were given free wifi access (password came with the key card) and that was valid for our rooms and the lobby area. However, at the conference rooms proper, we were told we had to pay an additional 78 ringgit per person per day. This was a bummer, especially since I was hoping to access my work mails during the conference.

Other than that, everything was fine! :)

There are newer reviews for Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I am a little late in writing this as we stayed there in August 2012. But better late than never. The room was clean, staff were friendly and the breakfast wwas great, lots to choose from. Better still was the location, we love the Pavillion shopping centre which was one of the reasons we chose this hotel. Will be staying there again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is definitely in a very good location, but unfortunately it is plagued by some serious flaws:

1) Bathroom was not very nice, reason being the rather old, chipped and dirty looking bath tub and a rather grimy shower head. Housekeeping did all they could, but it just seems that the bathrooms are rather old and poorly maintained.

2) Gym policy: like many business travelers I forgot my gym shoes but was happy to find an hour of time in the busy schedule to hit the gym wearing running shorts, t-shirt, socks and the hotel-issued slippers. I was just using the weight machines when I was thrown out of the gym by the rather assertive staff member Stephanie who just pointed at a sign that said proper sports attire was necessary. When I politely asked why I could not wear the slippers while weight training my arms I was told it was for "safety reasons".

I did not want to argue and just left, but this experience ruined my trip and stay in this hotel.
Another guest was thrown out at the same time for wearing slippers, so I wonder how many people are disappointed during their trips every day.

3) Minibar restocking is rather patchy - when I arrived several items (potato chips etc) were not stocked and only replaced the next day. I really hope that the billing will work properly once I check out. Again, this is a small thing but really annoying.

4) TV channels: channels at my TV were not set properly, so reception was bad and quite a few channels were very grainy or missing.

At this price point there are much better hotels in the city (for example Trader's Hotel) so this will be the last time I stayed at the Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the minibar on arrival and ask the staff to sign off missing items.
2  Thank marum82
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My second stay at this hotel, and both were for business trips. Friendly staff especially at the frontdesk, and I particularly like the way the frontdesk is configured - separate desks for each customer, spacious area near front desk and the big lobby area.

It's just next to Pavilion Mall, and now with the walkway to KLCC completed, it's absolutely no hassle walking from this hotel to KLCC area under the linked and roofed (partially air conditioned) walkway.

Food are good at the hotel main restaurant, lots of variety. But of course you will get bored if you stay in the same hotel for too long and visit the same restaurant day in day out. My trip was a short stay, hence no issue with that.

So far so good for this hotel, and would recommend for business and leisure travellers alike.

Room Tip: Twin beds are somehow 'linked' with no gaps in between. LOL.
1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

After my disaster stay at fahrenheit suites, I booked executive room in this hotel and it was a blessing.

Quick check in

Great room

Executive lounge offer with beverages frim 6:30 a.m till 11 p.m
Snacks between 5 p.m till 8:30 p.m

Free wifi in lounge and 2 devices in the room.

3 pcs. Laundary per day for free.

Check out at 18 floor, fast and convenient

Location is great in heart of bukit bintang

Taxis just outside and close to pavillion and fahrenheit malls.

My sincere thanks to ANDY @ club lounge for his great support and help and the lady who was in his place when he was on leave.

This hotel is worth every penny.

Just recommend they provide more tv channels for guests.

Thank you Grand Millennium for the great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

As we arrived in KL and walked into the lobby we were happy so see such a modern and good looking place. The bloke who checked us in was great and very helpful. As we entered our roo it was like we had gone back in time. The room are old and dingy but they are quiet spacious. The shower was horrible it is being held together very Bradley. And there is water shooting from everywhere. Our toilet was running all the time and the sower was leaking every time I had a shower. I will be sad to leave KL tomorrow but I will never stay here again. I expect to get what I pay for and this time the millennium didn't cut it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pavilion.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Troy L
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were on family vacation in Kuala Lumpur. Great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Our rooms were very clean and my in-laws got a view of KL city. The breakfast was very good with a variety of food. Pavillion mall is next to the hotel and there are many shops and restaurants around. Will stay here again the next time we visit Malaysia.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family