New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #44 of 333 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“The location is the biggest plus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is needless to mention. Bukit Bintang is the heart of the city and the hotel enjoys a fantastic location. However, it goes a lot downhill after that and the hotel pales in comparison to some of the other properties in KL.

The decor of the room is not just old style, but also needs a lot of work to be done- the polishing was pretty ordinary. The bathrooms were strictly average as well, and the service was ordinary.

The gym is alright, and the breakfast is average. The ball room was big and good, but the food we had there was average again.

All in all, nothing to write home about- there are certainly better properties even in Bukit Bintang.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel commands a hefty price per night due to its location relative the shopping center of KL... but that said, its a wanna be 5 star thats going toward 3 star. The quality and cleanliness of this hotel leaves something to be desired.

Everywhere i walked I saw wall damage, bad carpet, stains - in both the halls and rooms.

This hotel is in serious need of a facelift if they want to keep charging their prices, otherwise eventually will realize its a rip off..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Queensland. Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights at the Grand Millenium and overall you would have to say it is a lovely 5 star hotel in the best location in Bukit Bintang, the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Nice room, good facilities, lovely breakfast.
I was a little disappointed to arrive and be given a twin bed room on a smoking floor when I booked a king, non smoking, but the place was fully booked and I guess the old first in best dressed rule applied. This was resolved the following day when we were moved to the duly booked room.
I have two problems with this hotel:
1. The beds are extremely firm ( read hard) to the point where we could hardly stand up straight in the morning - but I guess this is a personal preference and some people my like this. The beds are also on rollers, so if you sit up in bed to read the paper, the bed rolls away from the wall.
2. Their Internet service is at best one star with the signal fluctuating from full strength to nothing and dropping out continually. My big gripe however is their internet policy which only allows two computers to be connected per session, which may not be a problem for many people, but was a major drama for me over the 5 days. My wife and I travel with a laptop, iPad and iPhone EACH - that is 6 internet capable devices - and herein lies the problem. Once you log on, that's it, you are locked to those first two units for the 24 hour period and you can't use any other item unless you want to pay again and again. In my case I would have to pay 3 times a day to use all of my devices. Image you both read the news on your iPads in the morning ( quota now used) and you later want to upload some photos off your iPhone to say email your family or use the laptop to log into your office - you can't unless you pay again! My logic is that I can only use one thing at a time, i'm not using 3 times the bandwidth - why do I need to pay over and over when the original device is not being used?
I complained and someone was to ring me back........but I'm still waiting.
Solution : Malones Irish Pub around the corner has free wifi - it's faster than the hotel, has good signal strength, doesn't drop out, and you can have a cold Guinness while you go about your business.
Would I stay at the Grand Millenium again?......probably not. I'll check out the Internet policy of the surrounding hotels first.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Love the location of this. Love the pavillion mall that is like next to the hotel. There's even a Cinema in the mall which is very cheap, RM12! Excellent for young girls like us! We can even watch midnight movie without worrying abt safety! The lobby exceed my expectation. Didn't expect it to look so classy.. boys at the lobby are also very helpful. Always ready to assist you with you luggage. Thanks to mr amirul who helped us with the luggage from check in to check out! .room is also very comfortable. Breakfast at the mills cafe pretty normal. But the manager at the cafe , his name mr fadli(if i not wrong) is so cheerful.. Greeting everyone very cheefully! I think he really shows good example to his staffs. Only that the rest of his staffs shld b a little more approachable. This hotel doesn't dissapoint me!

Room Tip: I love my room that faces pavillion mall. Night view is spectacular, i can even see part of the petr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I read these reviews, hoping they were wrong.. Got my hopes up. Once you enter the hotel, it looks amazing! Amazing lobby. We checked in expecting the rooms to be amazing as the lobby, however the rooms were old, ugly..... everything. We complained and complained until we checked out from how old and stupid the rooms were!!! Who honestly has beds with wheels?
My opinion is do not stay here for even a night, stop at Park Royal... They're the best!!!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matto3000
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the Moto GP weekend. We had a late arrival but check-in was easy and we were soon in our Executive Club Room. Nicely appointed with a huge bathroom. The hotel is conveniently located and the service excellent.
Our room was on the 14th floor and very quiet in spite of the busy weekend.
We were very disappointed to find the Executive Club Lounge was not in operation even though our booking form clearly stated: "every care has been taken into consideration to ensure that the Club floor operation will take place as usual". We would not have booked this hotel had we known. The Grand Millennium needs to be upfront about this because it creates a bad feeling about the hotel from the outset.
Will we stay again? - Yes, once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
joancollins69
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a 6 weeks roughing it in Africa i was looking forward to "high ending" it at this venue purchasing a great package deal in March of this year; all inclusive club access for snacks and drinks incl alcohol! I arrived in the retro but still impressive foyer late evening due to a 5 hour flight delay so was looking forward to grabbing some free booze and hitting the bubble bath. The receptionist was lovely and announced he would be taking me to my smoking room as i had booked. I pointed out from my print out i had elected non smoking and he apologized and said all non smoking rooms were booked out! For one night i said thatd be fine and we could deal with the swap in the morning and asked how i could claim my all access to the club room. the receptionist advised since June the club area was closed for renovations but could use the bistro at breakfast time. Slightly miffed theyd sold me a package deal prior to a known renovation period i said ok and asked for a beer to which the receptionist asked if i'd like that charged to me room? i said no i have all day access to alcohol and showed him the coucher. he announced that was a typo and alcohol was only available from 530-630pm. Not wanting to respond with my fist i asked to be shown to my smoke stink room. the room was fine but nothing amazing esp for 5 star venue and whats more the shower leaked all night. Renovations woke me the next morning and i attended the so-so breakfast with a decent buffet and menu selection. After which i approached front desk speaking to two people who finally come to party and elected to move me to a penthouse suite handled by Anna and Rachel with aplomb. I was told i could do so at 4pm. I allowed 30 min gap and went to the desk and was advised to attend my room and wait for collection for a bell boy to assist me in the move and bring a new key. I waited 40 mins and no one showed up so called reception and was told some one was on the way, again i waited 10 mins and no one appeared. I went to front desk and Anna asked if i liked the new room! i explained the situation and she said wait by the lifts a bell boy will be with me straight away. I waited another 10 minutes and Anna saw me doing so and came over and said she'd help me move herself. We did so. The upgrade was nice but again nothing amazing if i was paying full price i'd be a little dissapointed in the bland and somewhat dated decor. Please note the whole drama occurred in the first half hour of the happy hour and i had lost valuable drinking time. Freshening up i was about to make the most of the last 20 mins when the phone rang and unknown party asked if i was comfortable and the bell boy had shifted all my gear, i hung up. Check out went fine thank the gods. So all in all if you are still reading this i would NOT recommend this venue when the Melia up the road is on par with less hassles and less fiscal strain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo