WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #44 of 333 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Noosaville, Australia
“Fabulous Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I just wanted to thank you all at Grand Millinuim especially Brenda & Rhosil on the Club Floor for the superb care you gave my parents on their first visit to K.L. Mr S Burrows
Transport from airport to Hotel was faultless as was checkin, their room on the 14th Floor was OK a little tired but clean. Service wherever you went was spot on. Brekky was fab, everything you could possibly want was there. Location for shopping superb. Petronas Towers well worth the visit but take note:::: Closed on Mondays for maintenance, shops were open. Spa area very small & definitely needed an upgrade, on mums only visit water all over the floor so quite dangerous.

Their only complaint (and justifiably so) was that there are renovations on the Club Floor and apparently are ongoing for 3 Months so no food & drinks were served, you had to go down stairs to the Bistro 60 in the Lobby where you were given a 3 tiered plate of food with one of everything which was ridiculous considering there were two of them, drinks were served on request. I find this unacceptable considering you have paid for the Executive Club Floor with the food @ drinks included. Lucky for them this only happened for the last 4 days of their trip. I am supposed to be staying here for Xmas & New Year so will be enquiring about this as not too sure I want to stay there now. They knew about the renovations so why wasn't another floor available for Club Floor guests??? It will be very interesting to see if my mothers written complaint to the Vice President of the Hotel will be answered!!!)

2 Thank KazaPerthWA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Check-in was a breeze and the staff were very friendly. The rooms are well furnished and maintained. Love the free access to the health spa where you could use the Jacuzzi, hot pool, cold pool, steam room and sauna.

This hotel is just next door to Pavilion Mall, Fahrenheit88 Mall and nearby to Lot 10, Sungei Wang Mall, BB Plaza and Berjaya Times Square. From Pavilion Mall, you would use the connecting passageway to Suria KLCC Mall. Very convenient.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ASK84
GrandMillenniumKL, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 6, 2012

Thank you so much for this 5 Star Review!
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us. Thank you for giving our future guest a good picture of our location and amenities with a room tip. We hope to see you soon and it was a pleasure having you.

Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great location amongst everything. Next door to Pavillion which has the best restaurants and shopping. Walk to everthing from here. Go for the Executive Club Room. We paid $150 AUD per night which includes breakfast and includes drinks and hors douvres from 5.30 - 8.30. great value. great spa.

Room Tip: Ask for high, non smoking room awt from main road
3 Thank BandN20

Thank you so much for this 5 Star Review!
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay in our Club rooms, we definitely recommend that to all our guest. We are very lucky to be right next to Pavillion and in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Our future guest will definitely benefit from your room tips too.

Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Being along the famous and busy Bukit Bintang road and right next to Pavilion shopping mall, this hotel is superb in terms of location, especially for those in KL to shop. KLCC is also not that far away.

My family has stayed here close to a dozen times and the experience has always been very good. Staff are polite enough, and check in is quick and easy. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. It is also relatively reasonably priced compared to the other hotels along Bukit Bintang. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Bukit Bintang - very interesting to car and people-watch.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights.
We were lucky enough to stay in an executive club room & enjoyed the benefit of dining in the club lounge for breakfast & snacks during the day. This was a real bonus.

The service at this hotel is brilliant. Check in was easy - no waiting. We were taken up to the club lounge for a welcome drink while our room was sorted.

Our room was a great size, bed was comfy and the marble bathroom was huge! All very clean & we just loved it.

It is right in the heart of the shopping district - lots of upmarket shops. Chinatown markets are a short cab ride.
We walked to the Twin Towers.

The hotel has a fabulous pool & bar area. Great to get some sun whilst enjoying a cocktail or two!
If we ever return to the city, we will definitely stay at the Grand Millennium.
Thank you to all the staff there.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Sengaroy
GrandMillenniumKL, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 9, 2012

Thank you so much for this 5 Star Review!
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us. The pictures really show that you are having a relaxing time with us.
On behalf of my staff, you are very welcome and we hope to welcome you back on your next holiday.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The best thing about this hotel and the others in the close vicinity is the location.

All that you need is within walking distance restaurants, shopping,etc. This hotel has Pavilion Mall as its neighbour and just across is Fahrenheit and Starhill Gallery.

Now on to the hotel itself. The lobby area is quite spacious and has been designed quite differently compared to other hotels I have been to. The lobby area has multiple areas on different elevation which is quite a unique design.

We booked the deluxe room which is the standard room. We requested for room on the higher floor during booking and our request was met when we got a room on the 14th floor. The room is average size. Plus point is the room comes with a DVD player. For internet service there is an additional charge which can be quite expensive. Alternatively request for internet service when booking the room to get a better rate.

The bathroom is quite spacious and has a separate bath tub and shower area.

The breakfast which is served at the restaurant on the first floor has quite a good spread with a mixture of international and local fare.

manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have been travelling to KL for business for the past 2 years and most of the time I just take the train to go from KLIA to the hotel. This trip was different, our office had arranged hotel transportation to pick us up from KLIA. We were instructed to look for the Grand Millennium Hotel sign at the departure area. Tired from the trip and the long queue from immigration, I was eager to just get to the hotel and hit the sack. As instructed, I went straight to the guy holding up the hotel sign. To my dismay, my name according to him is not registered as part of the list. After numerous calls to my colleagues, they finally "flipped" the piece of paper they were holding and saw my name along with 4 other colleagues of mine. We were to share a car according to them and asked me to wait for 45mins for the other passengers of the car.
So, I waited. I waited for 3 long hours because the people at the airport insisted that I wait for the missing passengers. I knew I should've just taken the cab.
Finally after a stern phone call from one of the organizers, the people at the airport agreed to take me to the hotel. I landed at 6:30pm. It was already 10:30pm by the time I got into the car.

As I reached the hotel, I was delighted to find out that it is in the middle of the shopping district, a very convenient location. Checkin was a breeze and the person handling was very courteous, thank goodness for that.

Since it was very late, I decided to order room service. The food came promptly and was sumptuous. I ordered a steak and potato salad. The steak was perfect, the roasted potato was no where in sight.

After a long day of work, I was surprised that the Duty Manager Ana had sent a fruit platter and an apology card for the hassle that had happened in the airport. I was truly impressed by this gesture and was touched by the apology card as well as an assurance that our transport back to KLIA have been arranged.

The hotel room and bathroom is spacious, though facilities are due for upgrading. Bed is very comfortable. I wish the aircon were colder though. Spectacular view of the Manara on the 19th floor.

Service was generally hit and miss. Would I come back to Grand Millennium? Sure. But next time I might just grab a cab from the airport.

Room Tip: 19th floor room the aircon wasn't so cold
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business