“Great hotel in a great location”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #48 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed November 3, 2011

For just a two night stop in KL, this hotel is well appointed to allow you to travel easily around the city. If it's your first time in KL and you are stopping there en route, you need no more than 2 nights to see the sights and get the feel.

The rooms are modern and comfortable and the hotel is a relaxing break from the bustle of the city outside. Attractions are an easy commute, either on foot or make use of the city metro system. Pay per journey, its easy cheap and regular and Bukit Bintang station is literally outside the hotel. NIghtlife is ok - mainly the shopping centres that surround you. However, do venture round the corner to Jln Alor. The night market has chinese hawker stalls and the food is divine and cheap! All the menu's are pictorial so language is no problem. Satay was a speciality!

The only part of the hotel that I didn't think was in keeping with the overall experience was the spa. It lacked the luxurious feel that many modern hotels provide.

We opted for room only - for a simple breakfast and a chance to have a coffee and plan the day, head over the road to 'The Loaf' select your own freshly baked bread or pastry served warm and a fresh coffee to give you fuel for the day!

I would recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Take a high room as all room give great views over the streets below!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here for two nights stopover on our way home from Europe. Our flight landed very early morning (@ 5 am), and we took a taxi to the Grand Millenium; not really expecting we would be able to check-in so early, but they said "no problem", so that was great! We were able to sleep for a few hours before we headed out to the shops and markets. I chose this hotel because of its location and reasonable price, and we were not disappointed with either. I would stay here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have previously stayed at this hotel when it was named The Regency back in 2006. I decided to stay again on a transit stop as I favoured the Bukit Bintang location to KLCC, for shopping purposes, especially if raining,

I arrived very early at the hotel after a long flight from Amsterdam. Fortunately i was allowed to check into my room (Executive Club King with access to Club Lounge). The room appeared fine, although maybe a little dated but definately not 5 star. However, it was perfectly fine for a couple of nights stoppover and I was very tired.

Unfortunately, the air conditioning in the room was faulty, even after technicians had been to the room to try and fix the problem. I was offered to move to another room. The duty Manager was extremely polite and understanding and showed me a few other rooms. However, the first two rooms that I was shown, seemed really outdated and to be frank a little on the grubby side and a little dirty.

After further discussion, I accepted a room one floor above my original room. The airconditioning, although very slow to drop temperature and cool the room, was fine. I also saw that my last review in 2006 for this hotel, also mentioned a change of room due to faulty airconditioning, so maybe this is a recurring problem with this hotel?

The club lounge was as I remembered from my last visit. However, complimentary alcoholic drinks were limited to between 5.30 and 8.30. As I was not driniking any alcohol, it didnt bother me, but may bother those who were used to all evening complimentary drinks, as was offered on my last visit when it was called The Regent. Staff were very pleasant indeed, especially a young lady from Namibia called Danielle.

Location is really the best bit about this hotel as it is surrounded with all the shopping outlets that anyone would need, or at least easy access to other shopping areas by taxi.

Based on my room and those that I was shown, I would rate this hotel as a 3.5/4 star establishment. It is definately not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and could hear base music from across the road until after much later than even...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank hemikiwi
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were upgraded to the Level 18 Executive floor - the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room is a little dated but very spacious and comfortable. The location is unbeatable - directly adjacent to the Pavilion mall and across the road from the new Fahrenheit. The room rates have remained very reasonable, unlike a lot of the other big hotels in Bukit Bintang. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in KL.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gold_fish333
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed for 3 days and completely satisfied with the service and amenities. location is excellent and walking distance from places of food joints, electronic shopping mall & recreation. Good place for pleasure and business alike. Tariff are reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was at this hotel for night. As soon as I entered to hotel the lemonish smell caught my attention. They let me to have early check in at 7:00 am which was a bonus after a long and noisy flight from Paris.
The only dark side seemed to be the smoking room they were offering me because of the early chech-in. However, the room was smelling that much considering I have asthma too.
The Mill restaurant was very good if you are a fan of asian & sea food.
Despite what I heard before, hotel jas free Wi-Fi inside the rooms. So instead of using cable to connect to internet, just turn on the Wi-Fi on your device & enjoy free internet.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We spent four nights at this hotel and we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. It is close to everything, and the staff were very welcoming - nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were upgraded to a Club Executive suite at check-in. The room was spotlessly clean and had great views over the city. We even had a National Geographic" magazine placed on our bedside table on one of the days which was a nice gesture and also a nice surprise. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable - we were given one soft pillow each and one hard pillow each, as well as a spare in the cupboard. A huge TV with dvd player was also provided in the room.

Check-in was seamless and quick - you sit down at a desk with the check-in person. The lobby is beautiful and plenty of chairs around if you require to rest .

There are plenty of western eateries nearby as well as any number of shopping malls.
Breakfast buffet was very good, and had plenty of choices, a well as a number of western choices. The monorail is about 5 minutes walk and one of the the hop-on, hop-off bus stops is right outside the hotel, which is an excellent way to see the city. The complete loop goes for about 2 1/2 hours if you don't get off. There is also a taxi-area next door to the hotel if you require to use a taxi.

The only downside is (unless you are fortunate enough to book an upper-grade room), you will pay through the nose for internet connection in your room, although I understand on some occasions/promotions they may include this in the price of your room. I would have thought with the price of the room internet could have been included. The pool area and gym area area are excellent and well set out.

I can't fault this hotel at all, they really do try and please their guests and are only too pleased to answer any questions you have about touring, sights around the city, shopping areas etc. It was nice not having to open a door or press a button on a lift for the four days. It is billed as a 5 star hotel, and it wouldn't be too far off the mark. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I can't comment on the car park area, as we did not use it at all.

Room Tip: Can recommend "Club Executive Suite" - you have access to the Club Executive lounge on the...