“The best location with luxuery”

Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #48 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was at this hotel for night. As soon as I entered to hotel the lemonish smell caught my attention. They let me to have early check in at 7:00 am which was a bonus after a long and noisy flight from Paris.
The only dark side seemed to be the smoking room they were offering me because of the early chech-in. However, the room was smelling that much considering I have asthma too.
The Mill restaurant was very good if you are a fan of asian & sea food.
Despite what I heard before, hotel jas free Wi-Fi inside the rooms. So instead of using cable to connect to internet, just turn on the Wi-Fi on your device & enjoy free internet.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We spent four nights at this hotel and we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. It is close to everything, and the staff were very welcoming - nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were upgraded to a Club Executive suite at check-in. The room was spotlessly clean and had great views over the city. We even had a National Geographic" magazine placed on our bedside table on one of the days which was a nice gesture and also a nice surprise. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable - we were given one soft pillow each and one hard pillow each, as well as a spare in the cupboard. A huge TV with dvd player was also provided in the room.

Check-in was seamless and quick - you sit down at a desk with the check-in person. The lobby is beautiful and plenty of chairs around if you require to rest .

There are plenty of western eateries nearby as well as any number of shopping malls.
Breakfast buffet was very good, and had plenty of choices, a well as a number of western choices. The monorail is about 5 minutes walk and one of the the hop-on, hop-off bus stops is right outside the hotel, which is an excellent way to see the city. The complete loop goes for about 2 1/2 hours if you don't get off. There is also a taxi-area next door to the hotel if you require to use a taxi.

The only downside is (unless you are fortunate enough to book an upper-grade room), you will pay through the nose for internet connection in your room, although I understand on some occasions/promotions they may include this in the price of your room. I would have thought with the price of the room internet could have been included. The pool area and gym area area are excellent and well set out.

I can't fault this hotel at all, they really do try and please their guests and are only too pleased to answer any questions you have about touring, sights around the city, shopping areas etc. It was nice not having to open a door or press a button on a lift for the four days. It is billed as a 5 star hotel, and it wouldn't be too far off the mark. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I can't comment on the car park area, as we did not use it at all.

Room Tip: Can recommend "Club Executive Suite" - you have access to the Club Executive lounge on the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Car Park Smells Foul, than you will have an obstacle course of steps up and down to carry your luggage into the main foyer. Your likely to be greeted by someone..than ushered into a Q, where once you havce got your room, your next dissapointment will come. THE ROOM. It's dated, dirty covers on the seats and a sofa that looks like a granny has been in it for the last 5 years. There will only be 2 extremly fluffy pillows, and no other choices..NO WIFI, NO WIRED internet, unless you pay RM55.. Thats not 5 star, and when you ask the duty manager and get a response of "it's mgmt policy", no point staying ther.. next all basic necassities in a 5* will have to be paid for, including the toilet roll..Bfast was not that much better.. Just average.

Reallity is this pl;ace is in a perfect location, maybe be priced for a 3 star+, for what it offers in terms of lack of luxery offered to be called a 5* hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mdadabho
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation. In regards to the car park, we have a periodic schedule of cleaning and maintenance ongoing. But for hotel guest that drives we actually provide valet car service. And we do have pillow available on request.

In regards to the Internet access, we provide fiber-optic high-speed broadband access that is of quality, with this comes the bandwith usage as we are one of the few hotels in KL that provides fiber optic Internet line. We have taken your comments and we are now providing WIFI devices in the room upon request.

Please contact me at the hotel so we can re-establish your trust to us and once again our sincere apology.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Good:
- Fast check-in and welcoming reception staff
- Concierge staff were consistently friendly and helpful
- Maid service each day was thorough and consistent
- 24 hour gym was a definite plus(although it could do with a good clean and some disinfectant wipes for users to clean equipment after use - definite smell of stale sweat)

The Mediocre:
- Buffet breakfast...same items daily got a little bit boring after a while; if you're just planning a short stay, the buffet will definitely impress, but any longer than a few days the mad rush and the grandmas elbowing you out of the way whilst you wait for an omelette will begin to suck away any enthusiasm.
- Some of the staff were less than helpful; particularly in the restaurant at breakfast...I was given cutlery that had clearly been recently used, as evidenced by the soft egg on them. When I asked for a replacement, there was a long delay, I asked again, eventually got a clean-ish set after about 10 mins.
- Staffing of breakfast area on Sunday was definitely lacking, there were a few members of staff looking stressed and overstretched....this would be fine if there was enough cutlery on tables and a freely available source of tap water but there is neither available in the breakfast area and this was quite frustrating.
- The pool area could do with an update to make it comparable to other local top of the range competitors...it does the job but not too glamorous.
- Wired internet was a real nuisance (the cost is also a bit off-putting)....surely a hotel of this stature must be looking into providing free wifi for its guests in all areas including bedrooms?

The reeeally bad:
- The pubic hair in the shower of my room when I first entered was definitely not a pleasant start to my trip.
- The bedroom smelled of damp
- The hallway smelled of urine
- The cost of extras such as laundry and soft drinks (not minibar - didn't even go there!) was exhorbitant and far greater than any other 'luxury' hotel I have stayed at recently.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank floridian_in_blighty

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and also for your positive comments.

We apologize in regards to the room, we would appreciate if you can contact myself or my team at the hotel for us to investigate this further. We are re-looking into the training structure for our housekeeping team that will avoid any further issue in the future.

Based on your comments, we now provide WIFI devices upon request for in-room usage. Unfortunately we do have to charge for Internet access, as we are using high quality fiber-optic speed to ensure steady Internet connection.

Once again thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2011

After an initially bad stay back in February 2011, I was invited back complimentary in order to attempt to restore my faith back in their property. They did succeed, and my overall stay was enjoyable and it met most of my expectations.

As my arrival was anticipated, I was greeted on arrival by Assistant & Executive Managers (a brief meet and greet etc.) and check-in was done in my room, and was basically a signature, so this process was super quick and efficient. The room was an exact style to the first horrible experience, but far better maintained, much cleaner and overall better in presentation with a complimentary fruit basket - which was appreciated and a nice touch. Everything in the room was functional and of a good standard. I'm sure they went all out to impress me this time, and admittedly they did - the room was very good.

As the location is superior, and so much cuisine is available on or off the adjacent streets and malls, I only used the hotel's facilities once, ordering room service. On the menu there are a few choices from select cuisines, enough to cater for most, and the quality is quite good - but pricey (as most hotel room service meals are - the convenience factor!). The order was taken with ease and it arrived in a timely presentable and manner, delivered by a friendly/polite staff member.

The only fault (this time around) was the check out procedure, which took excessively too long. I actually didn't manage to check out officially, in fact I had to interrupt a customer to tell the receptionist that I was leaving as I handed her my key card. This department of the hotel is really disappointing, with the last experience being an extended wait to check in and this time an extended wait to leave....my faith in this area is shattered. A dismal effort from the front of house.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay, making up for their short falls last time and restoring my faith (somewhat) in the property. Furthermore, I would stay here again, but it may not be my first choice nor would I continually return to stay here, but rather visit other familiar properties (Piccolo Hotel / Ascot) or try a few different alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
GrandMillenniumKL, General Manager at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your second stay experience with us again.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur. We will look into the check-out process and ensure that our front office members are well trained, we thank you for bringing this to us.

Once again thank you for coming back and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed in an Executive Club room which was very good value for money. Hotel a little dated now but overall facilities were excellent. Customer service also excellent. Loved the Zing restaurant! Would recommend this to other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great experience. Friendly staff. Good Japanese restaurant Tenjin serves fresh bento set.

• Stayed: September 2011