We had a great stopover at the Mandarin Oriental on our way back to the UK. The only disappointment was that we only stayed for 2 nights!
We were very pleased with our room considering we had the cheapest available, booked on special offer through Expedia. The room size was very comfortable and the amenities provided were ample. It was good to have a separate bath and shower, too.
I would say that it is the staff that set this hotel apart. They are always smiling, polite and helpful and yes, they greet you by name. The hotel breakfast was excellent, including everything from porridge to sushi. We were there over Chinese New Year and the hotel foyer looked so bright and resplendent with themed (but not garish) decorations and bowls of fortune cookies for you to help yourself.
Although my husband and I did not have children with us I noticed that the staff were very attentive of them and that there was not any stuffiness that you can sometimes get associated with hotels of this class.
Our absolute favourite part of the hotel also produced our slight grievance. The infinity pool on the 3rd floor is fantastically designed with great views over the KLCC area below (whilst still being hidden from the square below). However, it gets very busy (we went on a Sat afternoon) and many of the sun loungers had towels draped over them with no-one in sight. We had to wait about 20 minutes before we got a couple. To their credit, the staff removed towels where the loungers were evidently being saved and the fact that it was so busy is just testament to what a great pool it is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental