“Never Fails :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Jhb
“Never Fails :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I love staying in these Hotels.

The sheer class and luxury as well as the top class service is why I will always support this Hotel Chain, not only is it situated in one of my favourite cities in the world, the location for me was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tina N
Frank S, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Tina N

It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed our luxurious hospitality and our hotel’s convenient location.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back ot the hotel again soon!

Frank P Stocek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My trip was very nice & we was enjoy with my family in Kuala Lumpur.

Iam planing to come back in the future to Kuala Lumpur & stayig in this hotel.

I think the rooms in hiher floors is the best due the city view from hotel was very nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Abdullmajeed
Frank S, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Abdullmajeed

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great hotel. Excellent service. I upgraded to Club Level since I was staying for so long - included breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres (heavy) and cocktails, 5 pieces of laundry a day, and a discount on the spa. Was worth the upgraded cost for me for that reason (wash). I did get tired of eating in the club, but the staff there was so nice - I felt like I had made new friends by the time I left. Spa was wonderful - had two massages and two facials there. Pool is gorgeous. Gym is big, lots of equipment, and clean. Had a nice dinner in the steak house one night. A bit ridiculous on prices, even for me, and I like to splurge on myself, especially if the food/ambiance/entertainment/memory is awesome and worth it. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Thumbs up recommendation on MO!

Room Tip: Club level
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear TouristaDe Tejas

It’s awesome to know that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities during your long stay with us, in particular our Club Lounge which is regularly cited for its ambience and superlative service.

We have noted your comments on the pricing at Mandarin Grill and will consider your feedback during our regular pricing reviews.

Thank you for your kind recommendation of the hotel to other TripAdvisor travelers. We greatly appreciate your kind patronage towards the hotel and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Canton of Zug, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was picked up from the airport by the Mandarin and the experience was immediately mixed.

They had confused my reservation between the hotel and the transportation desk and the transportation team were expecting me a day later.

However, their recovery was superb, once I showed them my reservation email. The transport team were very polite, apologetic and had me in a car within 10 minutes!

Impressive

The car was clean, comfortable, I was offered water and it came with WiFi.

The hotel location is superb. Neatly between the Suria KLCC for shopping and the KLCC convention Centre.

When I checked in, there was more confusion about check-in dates and the stay. This could have been due to the booking agent (a conference I was presenting at). However, the check-in team did make me feel it was my/agent's problem, not theirs. They could have handled it better IMHO.

Once in the room, it was to usual Oriental standards: Clean, spacious and with all the expected facilities, including free, speedy Wifi. One minor issue was the TV, which was clearly suffering from some issue with lack of brightness and I could not adjust it. I told the hotel upon check-out and got a fairly lack-lustre response. Not the accountability I normally expect.

I ordered room service breakfast in the morning and that, too, was slightly below standards. Poached eggs that were over-cooked and under-seasoned with delicious bakery, fresh fruit and below par cappuccino.

You expect perfection and high standards of service at an Oriental. My experience was mostly good but variable. My assumption is this was an exception and I will stay there next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark_from_Thailand
Dear Mark from Thailand

I sincerely regret to note of your less than satisfactory stay with us and that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. My sincere apologies for the negative impression reflected as it is not our normal standard. We are taking up the various points raised with our team for immediate address to avoid any recurrence.

I greatly appreciate your kind patronage towards the hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel for a more memorable stay the next time.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Very comfortable room including bed and bathroom. Very much enjoyed their breakfast which practically offered anything you could possible want (Asian & western and of course many healthy choices). Service --room, front desk & restaurants-- simply excellent. The hotel has a great location for business, shopping and restaurants, however this does add up to the noise level of the reception area (really busy, taxis and people coming and going all day long).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear UPU2013

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our buffet breakfast at Mosaic and the hotel’s convenient shopping location. Your positive observation on our service will certainly motivate our colleagues to the highest level.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you want to be central in KL and stay at the best hotel then this is the place, stayed here twice the rooms, service and food is excellent you will enjoy.
The pool is great just looking over 50 Acre park I can do that for hours again the service around the pool is spot on.
Breakfast is a must if you enjoy a steak for breakfast it covers all what you would like to eat at that time of the day

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Benjamin K

We are honored to be rated as the ‘best hotel ’ in the city and are delighted that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return in the near future.

Odiham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Excellent location (next to the vast KLCC), room, gym, staff, service, bars and restaurants. Very good afternoon tea, despite the thunderstorm that accompanied it. I'd have no hesitation in going back there.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Petronas Towers and upgrade to an executive room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Frank S, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Christopher E

We are happy to note that you enjoy our hotel’s facilities and in particular, our Lounge On The Park’s afternoon tea.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel and for another delightful afternoon tea!