We enjoyed three nights at the KL Mandarin Oriental as part of a trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were met by guest relations who took us directly to our room and awaiting champagne, with a complimentary upgrade to club level amenities.
The hotel itself is situated in a prime location with spectacular views of the Petronas Towers, which we enjoyed from our room. We could also hear the calls to prayer from the nearby mosque from our room - and although you could hear this early in the morning to late at night, it is a lovely sound that reflects the culture of the city.
The rooms and hallways seem due for renovation. The hallways smelled of masked nicotine and the room felt a bit "hotel like" with small bathrooms (unlike more modern hotels such as HK Peninsula), with carpets in need of repair/replacement. Breakfast was included in our room rate, and it included an array of international options. The western selections were not to our liking, but we did enjoy the selection of fresh juices, especially the kiwi juice.
The hotel's infinity pool is a wonderful escape from the city heat, and I wish we had time to enjoy the spa services.
The staff is very eager to please - but overall the service lacks the refinement of hotels such as the Peninsula and Four Seasons. With the Four Seasons coming to KL, I expect that the MO hotel facilities and service to only improve, and in the meantime, it seems to be a top selection for KL and the rates are quite reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental