Our stay for 2 nights in the MO KL was probably the best part of our SE Asia 2 weeks trip...and we did see a lot of great places. After reading the many excellent reviews before booking this hotel, I already had my expectations high up, and I was wondering whether the hotel will be able to deliver accordingly. To our good fortune it still managed to exceed a bit our high expectations.
From the moment we arrived until we left, the service was truly a class act. The staff of the hotel is very polite and attentive with all the guests, making sure not to keep them waiting. It was very nice to see that attention to details goes a long way at the MO: the hotel rich surroundings were perfectly matched by the staff elegant "uniforms".
The breakfast would probably need a review on its own, it was that good and diverse. This is really the place where you can combine on your plate Japanese specialities with oriental hummus, a tasty Malay satay and fresh backed mini-muffins.
One of my main goals for visiting KL was to get more than a good glimpse of the amazing landmark that are the Petronas Towers. For this purpose, the MO has the best location in the city, with part of the rooms facing directly the 2 towers. It is exactly what we booked, and it provided us with the setting for some unique pictures, that almost look like photoshoped.
The hotel pool is another highlight of our stay there. It´s a lovely infinity pool facing the KLCC park and the skyline of the city.
Final thing to mention (other people as well mentioned it in their reviews and it kind of kills the surprise factor, so I will be very generic) is that I received an unexpected (partially unexpected because I read in other people´s reviews) surprise for my birthday from the hotel staff.
Dear MO staff, thank you very much for our great stay with you and for making my birthday unforgeable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated adjacent to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is the city's leading luxury hotel with 643 well appointed rooms, suites and serviced apartments. Delight your senses with an array of cuisines showcased in ten innovative outlets. Escape Kuala Lumpur's urban bustle at The Spa with rejuvenating facials, body treatments and award winning Signature Therapies for a holistic wellbeing. Take a dip at the infinity edge pool overlooking the spectacular city skyline or be mesmerized by the magnificent display of KLCC Lake Symphony Fountain at the Esplanade KLCC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Mandarin Oriental