I have recently read a review from someone who had a bad experience at the Prince Hotel, a week before I stayed. I thought I would also provide my review to give balance. I stayed for three days up to 31/12/12.
The location is excellent for a tourist trip around central KL.
You can walk to the 'towers' and to Bukit Bintang and China town in 20/25 mins. A taxi takes at least 15 because of congestion and one way systems.
There is a fantastic shopping mall oppostie the hotel (Pavilions), which is easily reached from a pedestrian skybridge about 100m away. This takes you straight into the level where the restaurants and bars are. Just before the skybridge is a chinese restaurant where we had a huge evening meal for £12 pp including beers. It was full of local people.
The hotel staff were really friendly allowing us a late check-out of 1300hs without additional charge.
The hotel itself is a good 4* western equivalent. The breakfast was a typical buffet international style, and you can get good rates prebooking this. (£10 ish pp)
Our room was big enough for wife, teenage daughter and myself. The room was high quality and was clean. The bathroom was large and had a separate walk in shower and bath, decked out in marble and dark wood.
Room service prices were cheap for food (not wine or beer), but we did not try these. There is a 7-11 convenience store next to the skybridge which sells beer and softdrinks and snacks.
The gym is not huge but on the two times I went, there was only two of three other guests using it, so no problems. It has everything you would expect plus free weights and skipping ropes. The pool area is good, with clean sun loungers and parasols, and good quality towels. Their is a terrace bar which does beer, soft drinks and snacks. Again the service was good.
There is a free business suite for you to use internet access to print off tickets send emails if you have not got a mobile device/printer with you.
We would stay here again without question.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it is business or pleasure. Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre is conveniently located near the Central Business District and the prestigious Ampang Embassy Row, yet only a short stroll away from the majestic Petronas Twin Towers, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Center) and the entertainment hub and shopping district, Bukit Bintang. As Kuala Lumpur's newest upscale Hotel & Residence, the Pullman is designed specially with today's discerning traveller in mind. Providing comfortable, contemporary accommodation and boasting unmatched standards of excellence, friendly and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel And Residence
- Prince Hotel Residence
- Prince Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Prince Hotel