“Generally a good stay”

Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences
Ranked #38 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Prince on business for 4 nights earlier this month. Positives: good location in KL (just over the road from The Pavilion), good room size, lovely pool and poolside bar, decent breakfast. On the downside, I had some issues that staff were slow to resolve - my room keycard would not work (turned out to be an issue with the lock) and despite staff telling me they would send someone up, this took well over an hour (during which time I couldn't leave the room as I couldn't get back in!). I had a room with an adjoining door, through which I could hear pretty much everything in the room next door. There were also some big groups of young Americans staying at the same time, some being very rowdy, drinking heavily and stripping naked around the pool (with young children present). Whilst I appreciate that this is not the hotel's fault, I thought they should have had staff who could deal with this appropriately as it created a bad atmosphere for other guests.

Were it not for these few issues, it would have been a perfectly good stay and would have had 4/5 stars. As I travel on business to KL fairly frequently, I suspect I'll be staying at the Prince again and am happy to do so as I expect the issues above were a one-off!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Prince Hotel.

Check in was fast and we were soon on our way to our apartment. This had a view towards the KL Tower and towards one side was the Towers.

Breakfast in the Residence lounge is not vast but the food is well presented. We were pleased that some of the staff from our previous stay recognised us.

The outdoor pool area is good, clean water, kiddies section and bar with free Wifi

The only thing we don't like is that you have to pay extra for Wifi in your room.

Location of the Hotel is great and there is now an overpass near the Hotel that goes to the Towers and into the Pavailion shopping Ctr.

I would stay here again

Room Tip: Apartments are very large in size and great with a family
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I can see how this hotel has probably slipped down the rankings when booked this hotel was number 4 in KL now 13th, service So so, very very limited on the tourist info section, rooms quite dark stayed here for 6 nights and yes great location to the Pavilion Shopping Centre and the covered walkway to Petronas Towers and KLCC fantastic but nothing to write home about friend recommend........ breakfast to die for but ho hum same things everyday we would go back to KL but choose a different hotel, as we had not booked through the hotel but another website I think service may have been different,wanted to use the laundry and rudely told we could not use this as we were in the HOTEL Plus construction going on two sides of the hotel,glad we weren't staying facing the construction as very noisy

Room Tip: Read on trip advisor rooms with a view to the towers were great but told as we booked thru Another...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Good location near the shopping centre. Plenty of places to eat so didn't eat in hotel. Lovely pool area. Enjoyed stay. Rooms clean and comfortable. Could walk to patronus towers from hotel about 10 minute walk.

Great service comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank kattisamps
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My second time here and the location cannot be beat. Close to everything and a short cab ride if it is raining. The views from the rooms are great, mezzanine bar is comfy and the staff is attentive. The rooms are also well done with updated bathrooms. Breakfast is ample but getting refills on coffee takes some initiative at the busy hour. The concierge was helpful for the smallest things and the wireless internet kicks it all thru the hotel. The pool is on the 10th floor which is nice and you can swim laps if you feel the need for speed although don't get to aggressive in the daytime as the air quality will burn your mucus membranes if you breathe hard, take it from experience! All in all a nice quality place amongst the buzz of the city.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
TQKL, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us at the Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala Lumpur.

I appreciate your feedback in terms of the positioning of the hotel, product and service provided. I am sorry that it took a little bit longer than expected to get coffee during breakfast. I have addressed this with our restuarant manager and he is the process of re-training our staff to ensure that all guests that require a cup of coffee do so with two minutes of sitting down to enjoy breakfast!

Again thank you for your feedback and the team & I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in the march 2011 for 6 nights on a family holiday. Fond rememberance are abundant... The overall ambience was quite appealing. Had booked it after going thru tripsdvisor reviews and truly the right decision was taken. The residences are spacious abd cozy and just what you need when you are on a holiday and need to spend some time with the kids... Excellent propert however residence wing guests seem to be less preferred over the rest and it shows on the very limited breakfast spread which is included... Never went there after the first morning and preferred paying extra for the lavish buffet in the lobby. Food was excellent,... True Malaysian flavor. Will come back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011

I am very pleased to read that generally you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel, and in particular the apartments to be enjoyable and relaxing!

I would however like to respond to the apartment breakfast set-up. The apartments are sold with a limited buffet, still with a hot and cold selection including cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, cereals, daily hot dishes, etc. As you are aware we do offer the opportunity for residence guests to have breakfast from our international buffet breakfast in Eccucino at a nominal extra charge of RM20 per person (AUD$6).

Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is located right in the heart of KL, you can walk into the famed bukit bintang area's Pavilion Mall in 3 to 4 minutes. Hotel has a grand lobby and the chandelier is extraordinary. Wasn't very impressed with the politeness of reception staff and there was a delay in the whole process. Rooms are not really very spacious, slightly smaller than typical business hotels. However our room with a view of KLCC was bang on money. It is amazing to watch those magnificent towers in the morning, sipping morning tea and sunsets are magical with the silver lights of KLCC. Toilets are nice, clean though not very spacious. Toiletries were good quality and I still have green tea shower gel as a souvenir.

Loved the buffet breakfast menu, and the food was actually really yummy. They had a good spread for vegetarians as well. Room service food was also quite good, but quite expensive for the quality. It's better to come down and eat something at Pavilion mall. The staff in general were helpful and provided info every time though we bugged them a lot. We had some issue with our room, they did change it within 15 mins.

Overall a good business hotel in prime location with good food. Great place to stay for business travelers, good location for shopper-travelers and I am sure I will repeat my stay here if I have same budget.

Room Tip: Rooms with KLCC view are best
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
TQKL, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel And Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

I appreciate your feedback and it was generally nice to read that the stay was to your satisfaction. I have taken note that you found the reception staff in some instances to lack politeness. I have discussed this further with our Director of Rooms and whilst I offer no excuses, we will conduct training in complete customer service, i do apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.