“Good hotel, shame about the wifi”

Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences
Ranked #39 of 353 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on business, including attending a conference at the hotel. The location of the hotel is very good, only a few minutes walk to shops and restaurants. My room was comfortable, the breakfast buffet was fine and the pool area was great. Service was friendly and efficient. My only complaint really is about the wifi. There is free wifi for guests in the lobby but as I needed constant email access I paid RM50 per day to get wifi in my room. Unfortunately the wifi was unreliable and I could not always access it in my room. Then when I went to the conference rooms there was no access at all. On enquiring at the desk I was told I would need to pay another RM80 per day to get access in the conference room. This was all a bit of a hassle not to mention poor value. I think for this reason alone I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,271)

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Prince Hotel for 3 nights as part of an organized tour. The room was comfortable and on our first stay, we had beautiful views of the Petronas Towers. Good quality toiletries, tea/coffee making facilities, safe in the room, robes, slippers, etc. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with many choices for all tastes. The pool was nice but a little cold to our liking.
The Prince Hotel is walking distance to the wonderful Pavilion Shopping Center with excellent dining & shopping options. Check out the food court and the dim sum/dumpling restaurant (Din Tai Fung) as well as the fresh donut shop.
Recommended for its location. You can even walk to the Petronas Towers as well as to the monorail station.

Room Tip: Check out the nearby "Pavilion" Shopping Center.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trvlbufElmhurst
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed on 2 occasions (with our 11 month old child) in may 2012 - firstly 3 nights in the residence side on our outbound journey, then 2 nights in the hotel on return through KL.

Firstly, location is first rate. 5 minute walk to shopping/food at Pavillion (Xiao Long Bao at Din Tai Fung is a must!), a short air-conditioned stroll to KLCC/Petronas Towers area, with taxis at the doorstep for any further journeys.

Facilities were good. Breakfast was a little disappointing by usual Asian standards (as far as the range of options was concerned), however the food was always fresh and good. Wifi was free in the public areas, however needed to be paid for in the room (cable Internet was free in-room). Pool area on the 10th floor was good. We didn't use the bars or restaurants, nor the kids club (2 years old & up I believe). Laundry area on site is a fantastic option (RM14 for a full load of washing & dryer).

Residence room was large - a big living area with a kitchenette, with a large seperate bedroom attached. Bathroom was a good size. Kitchen area was a little dirty in general, and the room did have a slight odour - new carpet (which was old) would probably rectify this. Portacot was arranged as soon as we arrived. :)

Hotel room - we booked a towers view room (highly recommend!), which put us on 26th floor. Room was a great size, very good bathroom (with bath and shower separate), with spectacular views from both the room and bathroom. Biggest issue - on arrival we were advised that a cot was not available (we understand it is subject to availability - we feel you should be able to confirm this bedding on booking, just the same as bedding for any other person!). After polite discussions with staff and advising them that our child cannot just sleep on the floor (nor on a fold-out that he'll just roll off!), a cot was magically found and problem solved.

Overall, staff were great, location superb, rooms are good for the money - the lack of arrangement for our child on return was the biggest disappointment in an otherwise pleasurable stay.

Room Tip: For staying in the hotel - book towers view if able
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KirbanoTrippin
Reviewed May 23, 2012

A five star hotel needs to meet expectations. I think most of my expectations are met here with the exception a few glaring flaws. First,there is no wifi in the apartment, you need to use the free wifi at the lobby, mezzanine lounge or at the poolside located on the tenth floor. If you have to pay RM50 for wifi use in your room/apartment for only one day. I think in this digital age, having wifi is a must no longer a luxury. Secondly, the room is quite dusty, I spotted dust below televisions and dirt on the bathroom tiles. You can look at the photos I attached. Third the breakfast is meh. It is not fantastic except for the extremely chatty staff which seemed to make your mornings quite cheerful.

But these flaws are nothing. Every top hotel in KL isn't flawless for sure. Nothing's perfect. And to top it off, it has excellent staff, extremely helpful bellhop and concierge, professional front desk and service staff that make your stay at Prince Hotel & Residence, very princely. And the hotel is right at the doorstep of glitzy and fabulous Bukit Bintang.

I fully recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank EidUmar
TQKL, General Manager at Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us at the Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala lumpur.

I appreciate that you took the time to write a review and advise us on some of the issues that we need to address, in particular some housekeeping concerns. The fact that in general you found our staff to be very helpful and professional is fantastic and I will give them the feedback accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future!

Kind regards

Tim Quarm

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here for four days in November 2011. The room was amazing-very spacious with a fabulous semi circular window, every amenity you could wish for, and beautifully decorated. The staff were very helpful and pleasant, food was lovely, and I will definitely go back there if I return to KL. I got a deal through Air Asia, so the price was great value too. The location is really handy for shopping, with a really nice mall with restaurants and lots of nice quality shops just over the road. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jockanory
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Second time staying at this hotel. This stay May 2012. Last time I did not realise this was meant to be a 5 star hotel. Now not sure how to write this review. Based on the cost of the room, which was a good price therefore I could give it a 4 as the value was good. Or based on the fact this is a 5 star hotel which can be believed by the Foyer but not in the room.

Good bits:
Grand entrance, helpful staff
Very good breakfast
Other food ordered was nice
I liked sitting at the bar area by the pool in the evening.
Pool is nice (especially good for kids as has some water fountains)
Central, walking distance to Petronas towers
Very close to a large shpping centre with clothes shopping and lots of restuarants.

Not so good bits
Very average old fashioned, & in my opinion ugly room, I had a chipped sink, .

I don't think there is anything wrong with this hotel. If it was a 4 star hotel my review would be a lot better. But I don't like the rooms as per the two experiences I have had there, they could do with modernising the rooms to keep up with the rest of the hotel. By the sounds of some of the other reviews they maybe have different rooms available and I have just been unlucky twice.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Loved this hotel have stayed in KL a number of times....this is the best hotel thus far.
Location great very heplful friendly staff, amazing food.Large clean room on the 27th floor with tower views.The pool area is lovely just what you need after a big shopping day.
Shopping at arms reach Pavillion nearby and 10 min walk to KLCC.They even had a anniversary cake for us on arrival to our room.
Excellent hotel would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: Ask for tower view room high floor. If you dont get breakfast go over to the Pavillion lower floor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple