4,829 results
All reviews the club lounge taman sari bukit bintang petronas towers monorail station breakfast buffet is pavilion mall deluxe room rotana songket shopping sinks foyer indian chinatown
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room is clean and comfy. The food are good, we tried the breakfast dan the Ramadhan Buffet. The staff members are very friendly and always welcome you with a smile. They are helpful as well. The hotel location is strategic as well.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Explore821161, Manager at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Nomad563225,

Thank you for your continuous support and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Your FIVE star review made our day and Hotel Istana KLCC team appreciates it!. We aim to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad you had experienced it! We hope you will recommend us to family & friends and will continue to support us in future. Looking forward to your return visit to the Iconic Hotel Istana!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend.
Service 5 star from the time you walk in
Taman Sari breakfast 5 star
Location 5 star
Price 4 star
Hotel ambience 5 star
Facilities and amenities 3 star
Hotel rooms 3 star

My overall verdict is it could be $20/30 cheaper for the kind of room you’re getting but the location and breakfast and staff service probably just about justifies it.

Will stay again,maybe!if the price is in line with the value.

Overall a 7.5/10 stay for me.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear mojay 1,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your feedback and it will be reviewed for continual improvement. We will work harder in the future to obtain a five star rating from you! We hope you will recommend us to family and friends and will continue to support us in future. Looking forward to your return visit to the iconic Hotel Istana !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

excellent professional and friendly staff . Rooms are a decent size, bathroom large. I would definately recommend this hotel and will stay there next time I am in KL. Concierge is a mine of local information.

Room tip: try the street food stalls around the corner , If you are going to the airport take the hotel taxi on a fixed price 150 ringit
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nicholas m
Explore821161, Manager at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear nicholas m,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We will work harder in the future to obtain a five star rating from you! We hope you will recommend us to family and friends and will continue to support us in future. Looking forward to your return visit to the iconic Hotel Istana !

Reviewed May 13, 2019

I was in KL on business and strayed 2 nights at the Istana. The rooms are large and airy and I had a bath and separate shower - always a bonus! The staff were lovely really helpful. I had a dinner buffet with had a huge variety of delicious choices. There is a greaten with pool which I did not use but looked a decent size. I liked the pub (or sports bar) and the location was very useful just across from the monorail. All in all a very good hotel.

Room tip: The executive lounge is very good
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Explore821161, Manager at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JonzoB

Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the hotel was beautiful. The room was spacious and had the view of twin tower. The swimming pool clean and good.
However the staff is not very attentive, they seem to just wanna get over the job asap and go home. On my first night I checked in late around 1am and i had messaged the hotel that i would check in late HOWEVER! They charged me extra for no show on the first night becz i didn’t check in before 12am and i only realised this after i have checked out. The check out process wasn’t any good either. I was waiting to check out while the front desk lady completely ignored me and another guest. Didn’t even ask if we wanted to checkout or what. Until later a guy came over to us after he was done with his guest to help us check out. I think his name was Toho or something like that im thankful that at least he came to us and helped.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear grgmosh94,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your feedback and it will be reviewed for continual improvement.Thank you for your kind compliments towards Toho. We will work harder in the future to obtain a five star rating from you! We hope you will recommend us to family and friends and will continue to support us in future. Looking forward to your return visit to the iconic Hotel Istana !