“Excellent Business Hotel right next to Petronas”
Review of Hotel Istana

Hotel Istana
Ranked #26 of 349 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Istana is an excellent Business Hotel. Its right in the middle of KL & very close to the Petronas. Surrounding the Hotel are variety of Restaurants & Bars to hang out in the evening. Even the Monorail Station is bang opposite the Hotel.

I loved the Rooms of the Hotel. A comfortable King Size Bed with all the amenities a luxury business hotel has to offer. The best part about the room is its Bathroom i.e. Spacious & Elegant.

I also enjoyed the Breakfast which was elaborate & sumptious. The Hotel has a Grand Ballroom for meetings & conferences. All in all a perfect Business Hotel.

Do go for the higher floors. The Rooms offer a great view of the Petronas. The petronas Towers just look gorgeous in the night.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,947)

Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed there from 2nd June'09 to5th June. It is a nice hotel. The people worked there are very helpful. When we checked in , I tried to exchange my dollar in hotel counter but the front desk guy advise me not to exchange in hotel as there rate is lower than out side. He advised me to go out and find a money transfer booth ( there are few within the 1 minute walking distance ) and I got a better exchange rate.

As we were a group with young children we had big languages with us. When we planed to go genting highland for one night , I told them that I want to keep one room for my luggage. They advised not to pay the for the room and I better check out. Instead they kept all our luggage in there left luggage room without any charge. ( this saved my $100).

This hotel is within the walking distance of great nightlife and shopping area( Bukit Bintang area, the entertainment district of KL) .

I will advise to include your breakfast with them as their arrangements are very good.
Every evening they arrange the live music in lobby area and the bar has a good collection.

I am impressed about there safety arrangements . There was a false fire alarm in our floor and they come really quick to evacuate the floor. They have fast fire protected lift what I rarely found in Asian hotels.

If you are lucky enough you will get a twin tower view room.
I used there blue taxi on my way back to airport, the rate was same as airport taxi but the blue taxi condition was much better.

Try to book through internet deal , there direct booking price are almost double than the internet rate.

by the way , please do not try to call from hotel , it is VERY expensive.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DhakaPagla
Reviewed June 11, 2009

The hotel rooms are comfortable and the location is very good.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank AnkurPrakash
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Istana 4-6 June 2009 and had a lovely stay. We booked via Agoda.com for around AUD$101 a night including taxes. Taxi fare from the LCCT airport to the hotel is around $80 Ringgits and takes about an hour. Hotel is located 5-10 min walk from the Pavillion mall, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery etc. Jalan Alor (famouse hawker food street that opens till 2am) is about 10-15min walk. Bell staff are very friendly and willing to help with directions. The blue taxi in the hotel's driveway are premium taxi run by the hotel, we always walk out to the main road to flag normal red and white taxi. Meter taxi to KLCC cost around $3.6 Ringgits. Taxi who refuse to use the meter (usually at night) will ask for around $10-15 Ringgits to most areas in the CBD area like Chinatown etc. Our friend's room had lovely views of the twin towers while our room had nice views of the older, more local KL. Breakfast is lovely with a good spread of asian and western foods plus loads of tropical fruits and juices. We did not dine at the hotel other than breakfast. In room Broadband & Wifi internet cost $15 Ringgits per hour up to $58 Ringgits for a 24 hour connection. I might not stay at this hotel again cause I want to try something new but I have no hesitation recommending this hotel to friends who wants to stay at a decent hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2009

The rooms are pretty big, and the bathrooms all have walk in showers as well as baths. They are not very generous with the toiletries, and it was not the cleanest hotel I stayed in - but perfectly acceptable. The real gem was the spa - I ended up going back for four treatments in all. It's gorgeous, makes you feel very pamapered and pretty cheap!

The breakfast in included, and is fine. It's that weird mix of western and asian that leaves you with a plate of boiled egg, curry, noodles and chicken sausage if you are not careful!

Oh, and beware the dreadful karaoke singers that mangle perfectly good songs on a weekend evening in the bar!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for one of the business meeting. This is a huge palace instead of a hotel. Hospitality is great. best is the late nite music orchestra. Indian food was also very good

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I booked via Agoda.com. I paid $260AU for 3 nights including buffer breakfast. We had asked for a deluxe king room. I was given a very large room on level 18 with the views of the Petronas Towers on the non smoking floor.
The room was great. Had all the important things like lockers, nice wardrobe space, television, study desk, a small coffe table and chair set and above all the view! The bathroom was beautiful. nice tub and seperate showr. toilet area had a door and 2 sinks.
The room was always well cleaned. We had amazing breakfast. vairiety of breads, indian, malaysian, international cuisine available.
The hotel is situated 5-7 mins walk to Bukit Bintang - u can go visit BB PLaza,Sungwei Wang Plaza, Lot10 and Low Yat. even Pavilion and Starhill gallery are a 10 min walk.
We walked mostly everywhere but KLCC Suria Mall is 15-20 ins so took a taxi.
i would highly recommend if you are a family. There is a pool and gymnasium too.
I read some nasty reviews here but after staying there from 28th May-31st may i can definitely not complain!
So go and live there if u want high standards at a reasonable cost!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple