Hotel Istana
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
$100
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$153
$150
$87
$66
Agoda.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$75
$70
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$125
$95
Trip.com
$85
$76
  • Fitness center
$68
4,257 results
All reviewsthe club loungetaman saribukit bintangpetronas towersmonorail stationbuffet breakfastpavilion mallrotanashoppingklsinksfoyertaxisindianasiachinatown
Reviewed July 1, 2013

i stayed here for a night while transiting KL, It looks impressive from outside but no so much from inside. Room/bathroom seemed a bit outdated, nothing impressive. However It's economical and pretty close to train station. Next time I would prefer to pay extra to try something else. Definitely not a five star.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Doochi
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

Thank you for your constructive comments. We will take serious note of your feedbacks and discuss this matter with the management for further improvement.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in Istana for 3 nights. The hotel staff were very welcoming. In the first night they gave me a double bed for me and my husband when we asked for a king they said all rooms are occupied. The room was very clean. As for the breakfast they had a good variety of international cuisine. The best thing about this hotel is its location very close to KLCC and Pavilion.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KhuloodAbdul

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us and hope to welcome you back, soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am used to staying in business hotels worldwide. This hotel, for me at least, is the worst that I have stayed in. Airport transfer, which was confirmed by telephone 2 days before arrival, did not happen. So I was left stranded at the airport after a long flight. On arrival, reception said transport was not booked! Reception was very poor. Swimming pool had dirty water, surroundings very noisy, no pool service. Restaurant in Lobby had very poor, very slow service.
Internet access variable in speed, from zero to slow. I would certainly NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: From what I saw of the club lounge, my recommendation is not to opt for it. Very poor. My room had leaking toilet and dirty water from taps.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank linden298570
HotelIstana, Manager at Hotel Istana, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the effort to share with us your comments. As much as we understand your disappointments, we do our utmost best to serve every of our guest well. We can assure you, your comments are being dealt with and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur soon. Do contact our front office department for us to make a refund to you accordingly. We apologized for the error and we will ensure that this matter will not happen again. Meantime we will make a arrangement for you to claim back your refund.

Kind regards,
The Management

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Istana means palace in Arabic but it was definitely not a palace . It was a very functional hotel but the room we had was pretty standard with two single beds pushed together to make a double bed.It is only a short walk from the Petronas towers ,The Telecommunication tower and all the shopping areas.There are two free buses that go around the city and then there id the hop on hop off bus. The buffet breakfast was good with fresh food every day ,and food cooked to order.

Room Tip: Try to get a petronas towers view and go high up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre. We regret for any inconvenience that might have caused.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at Istana hotel a few years ago with my husband and sons. We enjoyed the club room service and the lounge. The Petronas tower view from the room was a bonus too. Last week, I came back with my mother and sister for a short 2 night stay to celebrate my mum's 77th birthday. Although the room I requested was not available at point of check-in (arrived early around 10am), the staffs at the club lounge did their very best to accommodate us. We went out shopping and came back in the evening with a surprise upgraded suite room with Petronas view and a birthday cake specially for my mum to welcome us.

My mother was delighted and enjoyed her stay at the club room very much. Thanks to Suzairi, Norliza and Zul for being attentive and courteous throughout our stay there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards.