“Immpecable Service”

Ranked #20 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
San Jose, California
“Immpecable Service”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When we arrived at Hotel Istana we were greeted at the door by multiple people. They whisked our luggage away, walked us to the desk, and informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite. The suite took my breath away. It was huge, and had a view of the Petronas Towers. We had two bathrooms, two televisions, and every amenity we might need. The rooms were maybe a bit older than some, but they were amazing. It was within short walking distance to the monorail and shopping. The employees were more than helpful when we had questions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janis S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre in the future.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Birmingham, West Midlands
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed on the Club Floor. Arrived about 9pm, but had a tremendous welcome. Were taken up to the club floor for check in, offered refreshments, then went to our rooms. Breakfast was good, service and staff friendly and welcoming. Make you feel truly valued and special. Rooms were good, efficient housekeeping, turndown service, free internet. Only issue I found is that the room can get very cold even with the A/C switched off. Good location. Enjoyed the stay, and will definitley stay here again. I've stayed at various hotels in KL and this one seems to offer the best compromise between service, value and location.

Room Tip: Club room offers excellent value for money.

Taif
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel more than Raúaa very decorative and cleaners, reception and farewell, location truth of the nicest hotels
Location very, very suitable for those who visit Kuala Lumpur proximity to shopping and safety and outside the hotel available Wi-Fi network is available in hotel lobbies collection

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at the Istana Hotel again in KL and was well looked after. The rooms are being upgraded and this time I actually had a flat screen TV. Lily , a guest services manager is extremely courteous and helpful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us to host your stay. We truly appreciate your kind feedback and we hope to welcome you back, soon. Till then, have a pleasant day ahead.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Good hotel, cheap price, aging room and furniture. Big bathroom, good services, clean room and good breakfast. Nice and quiet pool area in the middle of the town. Good location for night life and shopping, all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Sound isulation is not too good, choose a room away form elevators. The inner end of the corridor is...
1 Thank Odd_Bergen

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked a deluxe room for 2 nights at the end of our 30 day tour of NZ, AUS and Bali. This was the 10th hotel and intended to be the icing on the cake. A relaxing finale to our trip. This hotel looks very impressive. A lot of thought has gone into the first impression. Unfortunately the rooms lack the same thoughtfulness.
On check in you are expected to leave a deposit on your room for which you need a credit card. I offered my visa card which they refused because they didn't have the facility to pay unspent funds back to my card. It all got very embarrassing considering the deposit was about £20 and the average cost of 1 beer is £6. By not being able to pay the deposit on a credit card we couldn't charge anything to our room which was inconvenient. Our room was shabby and dated. The marble top in the bathroom was broken and had been badly repaired using what looked like car filler. the seal on the bath was cracked and mouldy. the hair dryer broke in two when I tried to use it, bath robes were old and threadbare and the mini bar was empty. You could order a mini bar pac that included soft drinks and snacks if you paid in advance with no refund if you didn't use it all. You couldn't order a pac that included beer and wine. I have never encountered this before and found it quite insulting. The bed was very firm and uncomfortable.
It was late when we arrived but were assured the restaurant was still serving. When we arrived the restaurant was empty but we were assured it was open and were shown to a table. The waitress came to take our order but everything I ordered was either unavailable or would take 45 mins, except the fish n chips which would be ready very quickly so we opted for that. we sat there for around 10 mins listening to the staff banging about setting up for the next day. we decided to have our meal sent to our room. it finally arrived about an hour later. After eating half of my fish I removed the batter only to discover that the fish was dirty. I have never seen a dirtier fish! Any chef that prepared that fish and thought it fit for consumption should never be allowed in a kitchen again! After a sleepless night I compiled a list and complained. I was informed that "Deluxe" is what they call their standard room. Very misleading. They apologised and offered us an alternative move to a suite overlooking the twin towers. I took the room because of the view only. It was still shabby and dated and the bed was still too firm. on the plus side it did have a comfy sofa which I slept on that night. The catering manager did come to speak to me and apologised. he offered me a replacement meal that evening but I couldn't eat anything from that restaurant after that So much for 5*. I'll take 4* and 4* plus any day. The managers of this hotel should get out more. Tourists expect more. Thank you to Marlina who was the only manager that understood the standards are poor. A big thank you to all the lovely 4* and 4* plus hotels we stayed in on our way. They got everything right and made our journey very memorable for all the right reasons

Room Tip: Deluxe in this hotel means poor standard. if you can't avoid it then upgrade. ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marina49

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was booked here by a client and was completely satisfied by the standards I encounted. I have seen some of the other reviews and find them at odds with my own experience.
The room was clean and very comfortable. The service was efficient and very friendly. I did not eat in the restaurants but the breakfast choice was outstanding. There was a problem at checkout but that was sorted out very efficiently and with a big smile!
For a European that smokes, it was a real luxury to have a cigar bar where I could work, drink and smoke all at the same time.
This was a business trip so I can't comment n some aspects of the hotel, but their business service in the Club Lounge was helpful.
Overall, I enjoyed the stay of 5 nights and will stay there again should I need to visit KL

1 Thank Peter R