Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,444 results
All reviews taman sari the club lounge bukit bintang petronas towers monorail station breakfast buffet is pavilion mall rotana songket shopping sinks foyer indian counter chinatown
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2012

22-28 October 2012 (6Nights, 7Days)
Room 1621

Arrived at hotel at 10am. Check in was not pleasant.

Shikin had no charm and was very nonchalant and did not acknowledge at all when I mentioned that I had made requests way in advance for early check-in and late check-out. She lied and insisted that our booking was for a double bed room even when there was the confirmation sheet in front of us stating that it was for a king bed room, and “threatened” that we had to wait until 2pm if we wanted a king bed room. When I mentioned about the late checkout, there was no negotiations she would take and only kept on insisting that if we want a late check out we have to pay an extra RM232++ for half a day, over and over again. The way she spoke to me inferred that if I can’t afford it don’t stay here. What a welcome! In the end, she gave the mandatory “is everything alright?” closing (interesting choice of closing), and when I said “no”, she had the audacity to say without missing a beat “enjoy your stay!”

In the end my friend and I settled for a 2 single beds room because we are tired from travel and we just want to rest. Room was spacious but looking tired and It was not that clean. Found some rubbish under my bed including a single-serve butter (unused). One of the panels of the window had obscured the view completely from what seemed to be hardened cream from the outside. When mentioned to housekeeping and they came to check, all they could say was it’s on the outside and they couldn’t do anything about it.

Bathroom was really huge and spacious, but then what for? It’s not like we’re going to spend more time in the bathroom that in the bedroom. Shower was all very warm water and no cold water. Why one would take a very warm shower when the weather and outside temperature is hot and humid is beyond me.

The hotel has a huge and tall lobby lounge. Swimming pool area has a nice look to it.

Touristy information provided at the concierge leaves much to be desired. And it pays for you to verify. Every. Time. Except when the information came from Idris. He is very well and accurately informed. And he is willing to look for updated information that is a welcomed assistance for tourists and in house guests.

Would I recommend this hotel? From my experience NO. The walking distance to Bukit Bintang malls and the Pavilion is a plus point. That. Is. All. And I suggest to lower your expectations from staff in this hotel and you will definitely be a lot better off. And to the General Manager Mr Praba G Menon, I can only strongly suggest you send Shikin to attend a basic guest relations workshop. Some charm school will definitely help too. Failing that, make sure she is not assigned in the front line to meet and interact with guests.

BTW, there is NO LAUNDRY FACILITIES (not laundry services) in the hotel as was advertised in Expedia.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank hugkoala
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good location being close to the Bukit Bintang shopping area and within a short distance of the Petronas Towers. Upon arriving the at hotel the check in took an unordinarily ling time to go through the process but eventually we got our room keys. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but I couldn't help feel that it needed a good lift. The room was comfortable but the taps were worn looking, the tv was ancient and just generally it needs some TLC. One major issue was that our room had a loud buzzing which was extrememly annoying. Upon inspection it was coming from a large fuse box that got louder/quieter depending on which lights we had turned on or off. Turn off all lights and the buzzing got very loud so we ended up sleeping with a hall light on. The rooms do not have wifi but it is available in the lobby. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which had plenty to choose from. I would not stay in the hotel again or recommend it to others.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice rooms, but obviously refurbished, however, the paint job made it quite obvious that certain things are old, even though they are in working condition (ie frame of mirror, the wooden doors in bathroom -- painted over but minor defects not covered before the paint work). Overall rooms are nice and cosy.

Could use a bit more hands at the front desk and cashier. Only 1 working staff and a long queue at 12pm, supposedly check out time!

Room rate is quite comparable to other hotels in the vicinity. Loved the location though, just 5 minutes from Pavillon and also the covered walkway to KLCC.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank melakaG1234
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lucky this was only a stopover, my review is based on a 2 night stay.
Once you walk in you feel like you have picked the right hotel, that's where it ends. This review is based on there advertised 5 star rating..

-Check in took 40mins at 7oclock at night, once we walked to our room we felt like it was prison, the carpets are stained and smells terrible..
-The bathroom is shocking its falling apart and so mouldy to shower barefoot so we had to wear thongs in shower, the toilet seat was all scratched needs to be replaced..
-The tv looks like its from the 19th century and so is the picture quality.
-There was no safety box so had to call reception
-there's no wifi
-we found our fridge with no mini bar????
-every 30mins the toilet makes a loud noise which will wake u up at night
-the hotel doesn't have a warm feel so we decided to lock our room while in it
-the buffet breakfast is terrible everything is under cooked and made us feel ill, even the cutlery is out of date and is not appealing to use.. They don't even have bacon
-we nicely asked for a free late check out whilst we checked in but they said they were fully booked, we then again asked the next day and they said it would cost 300ryn..
-even drinks are over priced $10aud for a local beer

This hotel is terrible, please pick else where.. Even other guest were complaining at check out.. They shouldn't be able to advertise as 5star, by Australian standards this is clearly a 3

Room tip: This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alex V
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is old as many others has said. But the service is second to none. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The club lounge was the best ive ever seen. Well stocked with gorgeous food and all the alcohol anyone could drink. I would recommend this hotel to couples, families & those on business. Very classy hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank gayn88
PatSik88, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur City Centre. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent experience with us and hope to welcome you back, soon.

Kind regards,