“perfect location”

Ranked #10 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very well kept hotel, very clean , attention to details, a few steps away from the Pavilion shopping centre, there are many great restaurants near by. honestly you can't go wrong with the JW marriott.

Room Tip: ask for rooms in their top floors as the views are much better and away from the street noise, the h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott for 4 days with our 1 year old son. It was his first trip away from home & he thoroughly enjoyed it. The bed was so comfy that his morning nap time extended from his usual 1 hour to 2 hours during our stay there.

We took a room on the Club Floor. It was definitely worth the extra cost as the Club Floors were on the high floors and the Club Lounge on the 24th floor was a good benefit providing breakfast, afternoon tea & cocktails. The lounge is open till midnight so you can go to the lounge for drinks or coffee. Checking in was also a breeze as you could check in & check out at the lounge instead of reception.

The staff were excellent from the doormen, bellboy, club lounge execs, housekeeping & waiters. What I liked best was everyone remembering our name, made it personal and welcoming for me.

A tip for those staying at Marriott, remember to ask for the discount card from reception. It gives you a 10% discount at all the food outlets at Feast Village.

Thanks to everyone at Marriott for making our stay a wonderful one; especially for our little boy Amir.

Stayed June 2014
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear FaddySue,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your warm comments. It is really nice to see that you and your beloved son, Amir had a wonderful time at the hotel. I have personally shared your comment with the team on how our actions have made a positive impact on your stay with us.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcoming the both of you back to your "home away from home" soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our Honeymoon in May 2013. The hotel was amazing, the staff were extremely friendly and even gave us a cake and card saying Happy Honeymoon! I would highly recommend this fantastic hotel located at the heart of KL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here for 1 night and had absolutely no regrets. As a JW member, this was my first stay at the JW in KL.

We had initially booked into the nearby Istana Hotel but were absolutely disappointed with the customer service there and cancelled our 2nd night, did a last minute online booking at the JW and checked in at noon as they had a spare room available though they were running late (many thanks!).

Had a standard (deluxe?) room that was everything I expected. Comfortable from the minute we walked in. Great carpeting, cool airconditioning that was not 'adjusted' in the middle of the night to a higher temperature unlike many hotels in Malaysia who do this to save on electricity and an outstanding bed that was just PERFECT for a good night's sleep.

After my experinces at the Marriot in Chandigarh, North India, I had high expectations at this hotel and was NOT disappointed.

Bath room was clean, new and well maintained.

One negative comment is that the entrance to the shower is TOO SMALL for non asian's who are built. It is sized for small asians and I had big problems getting in past the shower door and out as well...this was a very bizzare design so I am assuming the architect who designed this did not take into account how much space is/was needed when designing the bathroom so beware if you are 6 foot plus and weigh over 80kg.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as the buffett breakfast was not included with our room.

There are many food outlets and choices nearby so there is no problems. There are also 24 hour convenience stores a block away and a 5 minute walk from the hotel front entrance so options are available at night.

5 out of 5 for me. This hotel sets and mantains the standards of the JW brand to perfection.

Merci to the french gentleman who was manning the concierge counter who assist with getting a taxi to the airport for us. Very polite, professional and got it done and organized immediately.

Have booked to stay again at this fine hotel in 2 weeks time so looking forward to it though it will be for 3 nights.

Walking distance to Lot 10 (disappointing shopping center), Bukit Bintang, with Pavillion directly opposite the hotel. KLCC is a short 10-15 minute taxi ride away and the airport about 1 hour 10 minutes depending on traffic and what time of the day you get in/out of the city. Avoid trying to get out of the city between 5.00pm-7.30pm.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear The_Rottweiler,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. I have shared your comment with the team and I am delighted that you will be returning to us soon.
Also, the next time you're here, I would highly recommend you to try our Shanghai Restaurant. It serves the best Shanghainese cuisine in town. My personal favourite is the Shanghai Siao Long Bao. I guarantee that it will leave you craving for more.

In addition, you kind words of encouragement will be shared with the associates at the Concierge on how their actions have significantly impacted your time with us. However, I am sorry that the shower stall in the room was not comfortable for you. Trust that your comment has been duly noted and will definitely be taken into consideration should there be a renovation happening in the future.

Nonetheless, thank you for your warm comments and we cannot wait to welcome you back to your "home away from home" soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the JK Marriott in KL. It's a very busy hotel in an excellent location for shopping. Attached to the hotel you have a wonderful shopping mall called Starhill, and right across the road from the hotel you have the Pavilion Mall. From the hotel you can walk to the KLCC through a AC walk way, it will take about 10 mins.

The staff in the hotel were excellent. Our house keeper Mr. Saber was so attentive with all our requirements. Wonderful man!

Room Tip: All the rooms in the JW Marriott are of a very high standard.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyA53
Dear LadyA53,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay experience at the hotel. I am happy that your stay was made comfortable and pleasant by Saber, our dedicated Room Attendant. I will be sure to share your positive words of encouragement with him.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

It's been my fourth time to go to KL and this is the 2nd time I had stayed at JW Marriott. The hotel is along Bukit Bintang where most shoppers go and is very close to Low Yat where most techies go to buy their gadgets. I'd always have hassle free check-in and check-out at the hotel as I always transact at their Executive lounge. The rooms are big and you can try asking for a room with the view of the KL tower and a partial view of the Petronas Twin Towers. The concierge service are simply great as they see to it that all my requests are accommodated. The food at the lounge are great and if you visit the place during their tea time you'd get to try their pastries that are very delicious. Their swimming pool is big although I didn't have time to use it. The hotel is opposite a big mall where you can do your shopping or simply dine at one of the many restaurants inside it.

As a privileged Marriott member, I have the option of having my breakfast at the lounge or at the Shook! restaurant. Both places offer very good selection of food which you will surely enjoy. My personal choice is to head to Shook! if it is not yet too busy in the morning.

I had stayed at another 5-star hotel near KL Central but I find that it is better to stay at JW Marriott as it is close to where I want to go to after office hours and these are the shops, restaurants and oftentimes just walk towards the Petronas towers. I'd definitely stay here again when I travel back to KL.

Room Tip: Try getting a room that is facing Bukit Bintang road. The quickest way to and from the airport to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear IcemanInManila,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilites and service experience were what you expected and deserve. I wish that you tried our famous Shanghai Restaurant. I think we have one of the best Shanghainese cuisine restaurants in Kuala Lumpur. All of the dishes served are made by our very own Chef Wong from Shanghai and two of my personal favourites are the Shanghai Siao Long Bao and the Baked Royal Bridge Biscuit. I guarantee that it will make you wanting more.

We truly appreciate your time in sharing with us your experience and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur.
Thank you.

SINGAPORE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room 1430 . Bed bugs . Connecting rooms where you hear sound from your next room neighbour's in the middle of the night.
Don take this room if you are going there . Worst nightmare of all my travel in my lifetime

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank qq_panda
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear qq_panda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am very disappointed to read about your experience at the hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience that we have caused you. JW Marriott takes hotel's room hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, JW Marriott has established very strict standards of cleanliness for all hotels to either meet or exceed any regulations.

Trust that the concerned department has investigated your previous room and checked that all our standards were met during this occasion. In addition, your comment about the lack of sound proof in the room has been duly noted and the necessary corrective measures are being carried out at this moment to ensure the privacy of our guests are met.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us as this helps us to improve on the areas in which we need to focus. Once again, our sincere apologies and hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.