“Luxurious hotel in excellent location”

JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #10 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Denpasar, Bali
“Luxurious hotel in excellent location”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a flagship Marriott hotel in Malaysia. Its location is just perfect; situated in the Bukit Bintang shopping street, its is linked to the upscale Starhill Shopping Center and sits just across the road from the huge Pavilion shopping center. All this while only a short walk away from the hawker food outlets at Jalan Alor offering wide array of local delicacies. The Petronas Twin Towers/ Kuala Lumpur Convention Center is only a 5 minutes drive away. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Guest room though is somewhat on the small side and the bathroom felt a bit cramped with separate shower and bathtub area. The bed and pillows are comfortable though. Free internet is not the speediest but guests have the option of buying a speedier connection should they need it. An excellent accomodation overall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 20, 2014

we stayed thre nights , a good choice , the location is excellent . The staff were very good and polite our checkin was fast . Ourroom was as expected , a good size and had comfortable beds and a great decor , loved the bathroom . The breakfast is superb , my wife is asian and chose from an extensive asian selection .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Wrew T,

Warmest Greetings from Kuala Lumpur!
Thank you for taking the time share your experience with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel. I will be sure to share your positive experience with the team on how we have made a significant impact on your stay with us.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you soon!

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed there for one night coz we didnt book well in advance - but it was worth it. The location is great. The check in and check out were express... we requested for a higher floor with a view and got one instantly :) my 4 year old daughter appreciated the room as soon as we walked in --- so the difference was noticable. A 5* luxury property considering the location, service and efficiency. The breakfast was great and on time... all in all, money and time well spent. Must go!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kapil K
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Kapil K,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

I am thrilled that you and your family had an enjoyable time at the hotel, especially your daughter.

Trust that your kind words will be shared with the team on how we have made your recent stay with us a memorable one.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home" soon!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the JWM in KL for 7 nights and I must say it is a very nice hotel and the staff are tremendous. I arrived just after 8 in the morning and the staff were very helpful in having a room for me well before normal check-in time. Checking in was simple and fast. Extremely polite receptionist took all of my details quickly. Bell boy came and took my suitcase from me and escorted me to my room and what impressed me was that for the rest of my stay he remembered my name. The room was spotless and very spacious. The only very minor criticism I would have is that apart from the mini-bar which had beer and soft drinks there were no snacks, but as I say this is very minor. The business lounge has a nice atmosphere to it and again the staff there were very attentive. They stopped serving alcohol at 20:00 which myself and my colleagues found a little bit strange, but apart from that it was a nice lounge. Check-out was also very good, they were having a few problems with their computers and were very apologetic...eventually advising that express check-out would make more sense and they would mail my invoice to me. All in all I would thouroughly recommend this hotel for it's quality and also the location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark B,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to learn that you were very well taken cared of during your stay at the hotel. It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us.

I will definitely share your positive words of encouragement with the team on how our actions have impacted your experience with us.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Check In was good and while we waited for my son to complete the paper work we were given a cold drink. Our room was not ready when we arrived as it was before 12 noon so we went and had some lunch at the Pavillion Mall which is just across the road. When we returned our room was ready we had a two double bed bedroom which was very nice but the colour could do with a bit of a upgrade to something a bit more modern. The room was clean and there was a separate shower as well as a bath. The room had a jug for hot water and tea bags and coffee, but no fresh milk for your tea so brought some at the supermarket across the road at the Mall. We had a turn down service at night which was very good. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choices but no pork bacon on the breakfast menu but they did have beef bacon. Staff were very friendly. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. We went to go to the Pool about 8.00p.m. but it was already closed. Would considered staying at this hotel again. Maybe when you arrive at the airport it would be best if you had a private car transfer booked as the taxis are not very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tullagirl,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur!
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments about the hotel.

I am delighted that your stay at the hotel was enjoyable. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team.

All of our restaurants are pork-free except Shanghai Restaurant which serves delicious Shanghainese cuisine for you to enjoy on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur. In addition, we also provide various transfer options for your convenience to and from the airport. We would be delighted to assist you during your next visit.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

It was my third time staying at this hotel, i have a training program in kl for a week, so i decide to stay at this hotel. i have two devices mobile phone one is iphone 4s and 5s. On the next morning, i didnt bring my 4s because of the battery drains as i forgot to charged last night. After i came back from my course, I started looking for my phone where it was no where to be found,i keep looing for my phone but i couldnt find it ... i got ready i went to the front desk and told them the situation, the frontdesk lady until introduced me the lost and found office manager and said they will check with housekeeping department and they will call me to the room. And nobody find my phone or didnt call me to talk to me about. And i still contact them asking about my phone, the answers still remain the same? STILL UNDER CCTV INVESTIGATION!

I'm 100 percent the housekeeping took my phone..
if you are going to stay in this hotel make sure to use your safe in the room .
5 star?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank 331saraha
Dear LadyInBlack B,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the hotel.

I am very disappointed to read your unpleasant experience you had with us. I am truly sorry that you had the impression we did not give you the most appropriate solution for your missing iPhone. Please be informed that I took your issue very seriously and I am currently working with my Director of Loss Prevention to find a more comprehensive answer to share with you. At this moment, we are still investigating however I will ensure we revert to you shortly on this matter.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.
Thank you and I truly hope to welcome you again to make sure to deliver the true luxury experience.

Warmest Regards
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

JW Marriott KL, has great location near the Pavilion Mall, the rooms are excellent, the breakfast has wide variety, check in and check out is fast and efficient. The drawbacks: The concierge recommended a tour company. We picked a tour to Malaka historical city about 2 hours’ drive from KL. The tour is booked through the hotel by the brochure of the company recommended by the concierge; unfortunately the tour has no guide which is essential for a historical tour. The housekeeping are not experienced, they did not clean up the room while we were out (for 4 hours). After giving the comment to the manager they tried to cover their problem by slipping a note under the door saying that we requested to not be disturbed dated two days back. The manager on duty was informed he recognized and investigated the problem. I booked the hotel because of Marriott reputation; I think they need to clean up their staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PANAM-Air
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Helal1,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback.

I am truly sorry and disappointed to read about your concerns.
This is definitely not the service we promised to our valued guests.

Trust that your feedback will not be taken lightly as I will address it to the respective departmental leaders concerned on how our actions have significantly impacted your recent experience with us.

We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you better.
Thank you.