“1st class hotel”

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #11 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is an absolutely fine establishment even if our room was not ready. We had arrived very early from the airport so went to have breakfast at a nearby McDonald's. The reception desk did not suggest that we have breakfast in the hotel. We came back several hours later and our room was ready. We stayed in a guest room with 2 doubles. The beds were super comfy and the marble bathroom was huge and there was luxe toiletries replenished daily.

We went to the Starhill spa and tried out the plunge pools and steam room. It was an amazing experience going from the hot plunge pool into the cold plunge pool. They also have separate facilities for men which my teenage son enjoyed.

There is a massive pool and a children's pool which we could see from our room. This hotel is in a prime location with the Pavilion shopping centre opposite and a covered walkway to the KLCC shopping centre/Petronas Twin Towers. The eat street "Jalan Alor" is less than 10mins walk away. I would consider staying at this hotel if I visit KL again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2013

i been told to wait my room at 1500hrs,the offically check in time .after one and half hour ,i went up to the room,i found some hair on the bathtub area.....and at the end ,during check out in the reception ,the staff showing the bill with a breakfast fees ,my room suppose have 2 breakfast include.after call their manager investigate 5-10min and finally to take out the breakfast charge from my bill,is very unhappy staying this hotel.i wont come back anymore

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jeffchan89
Reviewed September 4, 2013

From pickup at the airport to arrival in my room was so smooth. After such a long flight, I had nothing to worry about except where the pool was!! Club lounge was excellent, location was excellent. I was teaching a course over the week and my only concern was the temperature control in the meeting room. Other than that, I can hardly wait to go back. It was so good that I actively seek out other Marriott properties now.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Located at central Kuala Lumpur the hotel is within shopping centre called star hill. Surround by other major shopping centers like pavilion Fahrenheit 88, Lot 10, Sungai Wang etc... Less than 5 minutes from the monorail.

Lots of activities to be done. Staff are super helpful and friendly. A true reflection of Marriott service.

Great hotel to stay in KL.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JimmyKL
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The location makes it super easy to get to popular destinations like the Petronas towers, shopping at high end boutiques as well as night markets.
Service is flawless and friendly. If you want to feel like royalty at an affordable price this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JFouts
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was very nice and the overall cleanliness was really good. Just what you would expect from a Marriott facility. However, there were several drawbacks that the management could resolve by paying a bit more attention to the ongoing maintenance and quality control. The toilet in our suite did not flush properly. The alarm clock's remote control was missing a battery and a battery cover. The bathroom door was broken, and although it was repaired before, but still inoperable. The "complimentary free wifi" in the room was so slow and sporadic that it was basically useless. It's okay, what do you expect for free. I purchased the "high speed internet" access which was not really high speed, especially not the speed that you would expect for the high price of 100 Ringgit (approx. 30 USD) for 24 hours. The breakfast staff at the JW Lounge was very friendly and courteous. They had at least five people running around serving the not-so-many guests, still there were several shotcomings like no coffee cups at the coffee machine, once there weren't any forks, another time they ran out of knives. They did not offer drinking water, which some people prefer to consume at breakfast. The salad bowl was constantly missing a serving tongue, so did many of the cheese and meat plates. The person who was cleaning off the tables used a rag that was not damp at all, so she ended up smearing the food droppings instead of cleaning them off. All of the drawbacks were small things, but when they add up, it could be rather annoying. I have to add that I'm not a nitpicker or a "hater". I am a world traveler as well as a Marriott Platinum Elite member. Counting the total nights that I have stayed with Marriott, it adds up to a almost a year. I pointed out the shortcomings, because as the saying goes: "Twice I did good, but that I heard never,
Once I did bad and that I heard forever." I hope the management reads this.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cikkcakk
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks on business. The hotel is right is the heart of the shopping district plus is within an easy walk to the Petronas Towers. The hotel staff is helpful and friendly. The restaurants in the hotel and connecting mall are good bit not great - with all of the restaurants in this city you will want to explore other dining options.

The rooms themselves are good. I had an issue with my shower and they gladly put me in a different room. All in all, very comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013