“Best service of any Hotel I've ever stayed in.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur

JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #6 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Queensland, Australia
“Best service of any Hotel I've ever stayed in.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked a club room as my husband was in KL for business and the JW was recommended by a friend due to its excellent proximity to three major shopping centres and a plethora of restaurants and dining choices.

The room was slightly larger than the Marriott in Brisbane's rooms. It appeared more spacious due to the very high ceiling and the decor was very similar eg. Marble bathrooms and lovely plaster trims. I must say, I thought it would be more spacious so slightly disappointed there but being able to utilise the Club Lounge at my leisure made up for this.

The thing that made this somewhat familiar style of hotel Great, Is the fantastic service offered by every single one of the staff without exception.

The front doorman always greeted us with a hand on heart bow, there was always someone to press the lift buttons. The staff in the Club Lounge were on hand to top up your drink or make you a fresh coffee.

They just simply could not do enough to make you happy and that helped to make our stay in KL even more special than it was.

I would strongly recommend that you book a Club Room as the price includes breakfast and wine and cocktails with lovely snacks. There is plenty of choices and the food is fresh and well presented. The view is not too bad either.

Room Tip: As stated previously, spend a bit more for the Club Room as it has great inclusions.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aussiemum70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kempten, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in a club room during this trip and had our 18months old son with us. Lounge access was denied with the kid and we had the choice of either takeaway or cueing at the main restaurant. I'm not kidding but the waiting time there was 30 minutes - just to get a table. The restaurant was terribly crowded and the buffet - although big - not really thrilling. So, on the last day we decided for the takeaway option which meant eating out of plastic containers and drinking out of paper cups - certainly not the 5*-experience we had in mind when we booked.
Room was good and service was friendly but we felt discriminated and not welcome. Worst 5* hotel we had.

6 Thank Christian F
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I understand that it's a holiday and the hotels are busy but there should be things put in place to accommodate that! The hotel
Could extend the breakfast area or offer in room dining for a limited menu but something should be done. We waited in line for 30 minutes for a table for breakfast every day! People were trying to cut in line while others were just walking in and sitting down. The staff saw it but didn't say anything.

The room was a good size however old. The walls had cracks.

I would not stay here again during a holiday. They don't seem to be able to handle the crowd.

• Stayed August 2013
Johor Bahru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I just came back from the hotel. The hotel staffs are friendly, check in is fast. I have booked a deluxe twin room and it is perfectly fit for 2 adults and 2 children. Breakfast is at Shook restaurant at lower ground, try to be there before 9am, else you will be ended in long queue.

Outdoor swimming pool is clean but quite old, it included a kids pool.

Hotel parking is chargeable at RM7 per day even you are the hotel guest which I find it is not acceptable. Hotel guest should be able to enjoy the free parking which is quite common.

Room is considered relatively small and I don't like the pillows. They are just too soft!

There is a bridge link from Bukit Bintang to KLCC ( convention center not the shopping center) near the Pavillion, but it is too far, especially for children.

Anyway, I am enjoying my stay there and the location is perfect!

1 Thank SweetySky
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

modern and elegant hotel just in front the best mall in the city. rooms are very nice with good size and beautiful furniture. executive lounge offers a variety of food and drinks which I consider one of the best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a few rooms for my family this coming Thursday/Friday. I understand that the hotel is operating at peak or almost peak.

I just called the reservations office and asked if they could give me 2 sets of connecting rooms as we are traveling with young kids.... Response was "no. Cannot. We are full".... I asked if they could at least ensure we are on the same floor... And response was... "No cannot. We cannot guarantee anything"...

Seriously?? Are they telling me perhaps I should book elsewhere cause they cannot cope?

I am getting worried about the service levels even before I get to the hotel...

3 Thank BENP2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel 5 times. 3 for conferences and 2 because it was booked for me. It is a rather depressing conference hotel next to the RC. Good mall connected to it, check in is efficient but thats where it ends. Rooms are dark and worn and in poor repair. If you want to eat you need to go to the foodcourt downstairs - which is a nice foodcourt, but is still a foodcourt. I would not stay here again of my free will as there are better options in Kl.

• Stayed October 2012