“Exceptionally good..”

Ranked #10 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Singapore, Singapore
“Exceptionally good..”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the chance of spending slightly over 1 month there on a business trip, and to my opinion, the place is just fantastic. Room are very nice and well furnished, especially the suite ones. Executive lounge is equally good, providing free breakfast to members as well as a slight snack from 6pm. Swimming pool and gym are very nice. They are providing great portable internet devices which work fast and everywhere. The only thing that could be complained about, especially for long stay, is maybe the lack of TV channel choices, but again...

Service is just perfect, as expected for the JW Marriott brand..
Possibly the best location in town, just opposite shopping center Pavillon, which has a great food court, and surrounded by restaurant / bars.

Definitely a good choice if in Kuala Lumpur..

4 Thank Franck-E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ballston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of downtown and is attached to a shopping mall and great food court. The executive lounge staff is friendly and the grazing wonderful, not to omit mention of the generous pour of the lounge wine(s). My room was large, clean, and quiet. For a five star hotel, laundry costs were not unreasonable. The Herald Tribune was under my door every morning -- my idea of true luxury. I have two complaints: the elevator key card security system was poor and I more than once wound up riding way past my floor because the reader would not accept my card until the third or fourth insertion; there was mould in the deep marble tile fissures in the shower stall. Even so, if you are in KL, go for the JWM.

Philippines
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. Location is very good. The Bukit Bintang area is an interesting place with lots of shops, restaurants, and bars. Among the malls are Starhill Gallery, Pavillion Mall, and Lot 10. A short walk away is the Arab district and a street full of shops offering massage and reflexology services.

The hotel itself is nice. My room was large and clean. Food was excellent. Staff were courteous and helpful. Only downside is the pool, which is just average, though this is acceptable as this is mainly a business hotel and not a resort.

Also, I would have appreciated it if there was free wi-fi in the rooms. I had to go to the 4F every time I needed to go online.

Otherwise, I would considering staying here again the next time I'm in KL.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Waray
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights during a vacation stopover in KL using my Marriot Rewards points wih my partner. Picked the hotel for the location and convenience. I had stayed there before on business and knew what to expect in general.

I had requested for a single king bed when I made my reservation. At check in, 2 of their front desk staff who were helping us (we checked in late and i suppose they had more staff than guests to service at that time) asked 3 times if we wanted separate beds. With two guys, they seems a little puzzled or really wanted to make sure we wanted two beds. Either way, we got what we wanted after assuring them 3 times. We were a tad annoyed but more amused by that.

I was given a room on the executive floors with a decent view of the cityscape. The room is spacious and very well maintained as expected of a JW Marriott.. so no big surprise there for me.

The major downside is the lack of wireless internet in the rooms. As we were on vacation, we both only had our iPads and the LAN cable in the room was useless to us. Upon request, the hotel will bring in and set up a router to the room for a fee (for US$60 for 24 hours if i recall correctly) with only 1 login access allowed. We thought this is overpriced and quite ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I loved the rooms and the hotel. Only fault was the pool boys stared a lot. The Westin next door was more lively and the pool was nicer so if I didn't a Marriott Rewards card i'd probably stay there next time ;-)

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

It was a nice experience for our last night in this trip.
Fast check in-out
Excellent location. Opposite of pavilion mall and arab restaurants and money exchange.
The room was very nice. I felt like at home♡
Nice stuff and good service.
The swimming pool is average.

But it's still jx marriot :)

• Stayed October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for people wanting to shop and explore KL centre.Our arrival at the hotel started badly because of a mix up with airport transfers which meant a very expensive limousine trip. The management were apologetic and we were upgraded. The rooms are comfortable ,the staff all very helpful. Spa and gym facilities good. The guest lounge for the executive suites needs some attention as the staff confuse orders and the coffee is not good.

1 Thank Dianne C