“Amazing selection, great atmosphere, okay food”
Review of Taps Beer Bar

Taps Beer Bar
Ranked #50 of 4,681 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taps Beer Bar is the only pure craft beer bar in Kuala Lumpur. We import beers from all over the world (USA, UK, Japan, Denmark, Belgium, Japan, Australia and New Zealand) on tap and in bottles. We have 14 different beers on tap and up to 60 bottles available! We also have bands playing on Thursdays to Saturdays from 9.30pm onwards. Come join us for a night of craft beer and live music... oh.. and pizzas!
Reviewed May 16, 2013

First and foremost, I have never seen such an extensive collection of ales in this country, that's definitely a unique feature because there are ales from all over the world and what is especially great is that the service team knows a lot about the different beers. I've been coming there once ore twice a week for nearly 2 months now and I will continue that trend for as long as I'm here.

What is also great is the atmosphere in the evenings as they organize a lot of live music acts which are all very very good. Especially on Thursdays! The band on Thursday is spectacular. I come here to really switch my brain off and being there surrounded by friends, great music, and great beer really does the trick.

The only slight minus is that the food there isn't that great, except for the fries and pasta, which are amazing!

For anybody looking to just relax, switch off, and enjoy, this is the place you gotta go to!

MiliTaps, Owner at Taps Beer Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for your review! We love having our regular customers coming in for the evening. Ask about how you can be on our member list next time you come to visit!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Loved our dinner at Taps Beer Bar - absolutely beautiful food!

At first I was disappointed as the one item I wanted on the menu was unavailable, but I chose the pasta and almost ended up ordering a second serving!

Great service, great value, highly recommended.

1  Thank Matt A

Hi Matt A! Thanks a lot for the review. If you ever get a craving for the pasta you can have as many servings as you like delivered to your doorstep. Our website has the details of our delivery partner!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent variety of craft beers, mostly Australian, in a city that lacks a good selection of Beer. Friendly service staff. Visited twice in 4 days, and I`ll be back next time in KL.

Hi MackemSFO, thanks for your review. Our beers change regularly so there will be something new for you to try when you are next in town. Looking forward to having you at the bar again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Gosh!! This is really like a my own backyard watering hole. Nowhere in Malaysia can you get the opportunity to try so many craft brews at the same time!! They do serve some interesting bites too!! My personal fav has to be Sambal Ikan Bilis Pizza!! (Ask them for an egg on top too!!)

We are happy to be your local watering hole! Thanks for you review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

To say it is the "Best Craft Beer Bar in Malaysia" wouldnt be saying much as I dont suppose there is any competition. But I give them full credit for hopefully starting a trend because good beer here is severely lacking.

Honestly, their selection was so-so, overly reliant on a few breweries, would like to see them get more variety, perhaps from Japan. Anyway, the staff are supper attentive, friendly and sincere, and they have a decent menu although I would stick to just the chicken satay as the beef was pretty leathery.

Recommended if you want to avoid noisiness, bar girls, smokiness and just enjoy a nice beer on the patio. Near the Shangri-La Hotel, and especially well suited to someone traveling by themselves.

1  Thank Pathcontrolmonk

Hi Pathcontrol monk, thanks for your visit and your review. We have a variety of Japanese craft beers from Hitachino Nest Beer now available. We hope to see you at the bar again some time soon!