“Dirty,avoid staying here!”
Review of V'La Garden Hotel

V'La Garden Hotel
Ranked #237 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is my 1st and last stay here,there are lots hotel out there at BUkit BIntang better stay other hotel than here.Book through online which it was look nice in website,looking for this hotel took 3 hour..trouble to find this hotel,and also taxi don't even know where this hotel located.Arrival at hotel finally, the lobby and cafe look nice..but expect the room as nice as the lobby!The room;
1.space of room really small
2.all the way to room SMELLY!
3.found hair on bedsheet,not 1 pcs..!
4.the bathroom tooo small
5.no hot water in bathroom even it is provided with heater
6.no phone in room,trouble to call friend in the other room
7.facilities in room were not complete

Just not worthy staying here!

Room Tip: Read review,before make decision on staying here
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We searched long and hard to find something affordable in KL but everything seemed really over priced. We booked into V'la Garden through Agoda getting a room for RM 65 which was much cheaper than other hotels in the area and when booking another night the cheapest rate thy would I've us was RM70.
BUT...it's cheap for a reason. The room we had was on the fifth floor, had no windows, was tiny and stank of cigarette smoke. The bathroom was also more like a cupboard without a properly fitting door. Basically it was like a cell..but it had AC and was clean enough.
Staff were pretty rude...when we checked in at 3am after a long day and night of traveling the guy kept saying...'its very late..' Over and over....I know! So please hurry up and check us in! (They advertise they have a 24hr reception.
Anyway...if you just need somewhere to lay your head this is fine but book online to get a deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

we spent the nights at this hotel on july1st -3rd, what we like about this hotel is that this hotel is near to everywhere we need:restaurants,shopping centers and monorail station IMBI...
the room interior is so so, nothing special, rather small ,but we didn't look for bigger room as we needed only a clean room to sleep for me,my wife and son, and that's it, we can't ask for better room with 20 US $.We didn't get breakfast, but that's ok...we still could get water for our little son to make hot milk, and the staff served us well when we asked for the water, they were polite and helpful enough

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room stank of cigarettes
No window
cockroaches
grey towels
No wifi as advertised.
The staff were not very friendly and I had actually booked for V Garden Hotel not V La Garden Hotel. They accepted my booking and didn't tell me I was in the wrong hotel even when I showed them my booking on the page and commented that it wasn't like I expected.

Room Tip: Go to the V Garden Hotel, it's much better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In common the hotel is ok, for budget travellers it is a good option and the hotel has quite good location in Bukit Bintang. Rooms are clean (except some hair on the floor), a small bathroom is attached, towels, soap, shampoo and two bottles of water are provided. Rooms have also tv and although officially the hotel is non smoking, there are ashtrays in rooms. Rooms are small, some without window, some even with a small balcony. There is a quite good wifi in all floors. Hotel provides breakfast and cold and hot water during the day.
Some stuff in reception are nice and helpful. The problem is that they don't have the same info about reservations and seems they don't care much...
I and my friend booked a twin room for 2 nights via booking.com. The booking was on my friend's name but eventually it was my name on check in form, this caused a problem with charging us twice as we "didn't show up"...
Because I was in KL a couple of days before my friend arrived, before our check in I went there to see if our reservation is ok...it was, I could see it on a paper. But next day, when I came to check in (my friend came later in the night) there was somebody else in the reception. I told him about our reservation, how much we should pay etc. But this guy didn't care, didn't even look for our reservation and offered me some rooms. So I explained again, said what kind of room we booked and the price. He gave me this room with the price I said and I checked in on my name. I hoped that this guy will check our reservation later and everything will be ok. But it was not. When we got to KL again two weeks later (meanwhile I booked a room in the same hotel via email) we got an email from booking.com that they charged us for no showing as the name of my friend used for booking was not in check in form so it looked like we (my friend) didn't show up for the first time. After a long time of sending emails to booking.com and hotel we didn't get our money back.
So if you have a reservation on a website like booking.com where no showing is charged, be carefull and ask very clearly for your reservation upon arrival.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed in V’la Garden Hotel for 10 nights in total; 3 nights in June and 7 nights in July. We paid for our stay using a debit card (Mastercard), the hotel accepts Visa, Euro/Mastercard, and cash. For the first three nights, we took two twin-bed rooms in level 4 and 6, and the rooms were just good and clean. Also, for the remaining 7 days we took the same type of rooms but in level 2 and 3. The problem with level 2 and 3 was that the rooms were much smaller and not as clean as the room we had before. Continue reading my personal review on my blog.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MoeAmine
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A very innovative guesthouse which brings an average townhouse building and turns it in to a small garden oasis in an otherwise congested neighborhood. After checking in, I were lead to my room through the garden, which was covered by glass high above, allowing the sunlight, but keeping out the rain during afternoon showers. Very eye-catching. Clean, comfortable, and very friendly staff. Very nice!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends