“Terrible! Don't confuse this with V Garden Hotel down the road”
Review of V'La Garden Hotel

V'La Garden Hotel
Ranked #249 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Terrible! Don't confuse this with V Garden Hotel down the road”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room stank of cigarettes
No window
cockroaches
grey towels
No wifi as advertised.
The staff were not very friendly and I had actually booked for V Garden Hotel not V La Garden Hotel. They accepted my booking and didn't tell me I was in the wrong hotel even when I showed them my booking on the page and commented that it wasn't like I expected.

Room Tip: Go to the V Garden Hotel, it's much better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In common the hotel is ok, for budget travellers it is a good option and the hotel has quite good location in Bukit Bintang. Rooms are clean (except some hair on the floor), a small bathroom is attached, towels, soap, shampoo and two bottles of water are provided. Rooms have also tv and although officially the hotel is non smoking, there are ashtrays in rooms. Rooms are small, some without window, some even with a small balcony. There is a quite good wifi in all floors. Hotel provides breakfast and cold and hot water during the day.
Some stuff in reception are nice and helpful. The problem is that they don't have the same info about reservations and seems they don't care much...
I and my friend booked a twin room for 2 nights via booking.com. The booking was on my friend's name but eventually it was my name on check in form, this caused a problem with charging us twice as we "didn't show up"...
Because I was in KL a couple of days before my friend arrived, before our check in I went there to see if our reservation is ok...it was, I could see it on a paper. But next day, when I came to check in (my friend came later in the night) there was somebody else in the reception. I told him about our reservation, how much we should pay etc. But this guy didn't care, didn't even look for our reservation and offered me some rooms. So I explained again, said what kind of room we booked and the price. He gave me this room with the price I said and I checked in on my name. I hoped that this guy will check our reservation later and everything will be ok. But it was not. When we got to KL again two weeks later (meanwhile I booked a room in the same hotel via email) we got an email from booking.com that they charged us for no showing as the name of my friend used for booking was not in check in form so it looked like we (my friend) didn't show up for the first time. After a long time of sending emails to booking.com and hotel we didn't get our money back.
So if you have a reservation on a website like booking.com where no showing is charged, be carefull and ask very clearly for your reservation upon arrival.

• Stayed December 2012
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed in V’la Garden Hotel for 10 nights in total; 3 nights in June and 7 nights in July. We paid for our stay using a debit card (Mastercard), the hotel accepts Visa, Euro/Mastercard, and cash. For the first three nights, we took two twin-bed rooms in level 4 and 6, and the rooms were just good and clean. Also, for the remaining 7 days we took the same type of rooms but in level 2 and 3. The problem with level 2 and 3 was that the rooms were much smaller and not as clean as the room we had before. Continue reading my personal review on my blog.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MoeAmine
Munich, Germany
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A very innovative guesthouse which brings an average townhouse building and turns it in to a small garden oasis in an otherwise congested neighborhood. After checking in, I were lead to my room through the garden, which was covered by glass high above, allowing the sunlight, but keeping out the rain during afternoon showers. Very eye-catching. Clean, comfortable, and very friendly staff. Very nice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emanuele M
Jakarta
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Small room but it's typical, and i dont really mind, free breakfast in the morning, place is near everywhere.

But there are several things that turn my mood down, towels that they provide is so awful more like a mop than a towel itself, i stayed for 3 night but not even once they cleaned up the room nor change the sheet nor cleaned the bathroom..

Room Tip: its in the city center, all rooms are the same
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple