My 2nd time visited Kualalumpur and stayed at Bukit Bintang area.
The 1st visit was on 2010. First one was very enjoyable stay, as the hotel is a 3 stars at Jalan Bulan (off Jalan Bukit Bintang. Note: Jalan means Street), in front off Sungai Wang plaza and cross Low Yat Plaza.
But I can’t compare with T-hotel as it different price and star rank. However, Inext time, I’ll prefer to spend a little bit money to get a good night sleep and descent room as of my 1st visit
T-hotel is a 3 storey building, built just months ago during my stay. Until I arrived, hotel still didn’t had any official website, so I hope my review at least give you some quick references.
1. Right on busy and famous Bukit Bintang street. Walkable to Low Yat Plaza ( just cross the street), Bukit Bintang monorail stop, Pavillion mal, Lot-10 mal, Sungai Wang mal, Jalan Alor (foodstall at night).
2. Having elevator, hotel building, room condition are still clean.
3. Friendly and helpful staff.
1. Environment :
Just realize after my 2nd visit at KL, that Bukit Bintang, after late midnite (especially on Saturday night) looks like become a red light district. I arrived arround 3AM from LCCT and quite surprise to see some prostitutes standing in front of the hotel’s entrance.
But, I guess it’s just after late midnite, because during a day up to 00:00, Bukit Bintang is still my fave spot on KL where we can enjoy with friends or families. Not too worried about, but just to be your awareness.
2. Room :
a. Only 2 types
Standard = no window and I don’t know the size but it suppose similar with Superior one.
Superior (I booked this for about USD 55/night) = have window but still the room is very small (approx. 3.5 x 2 mtrs). Room’s width is same with the spring bed lenght.
Just check the picture and you can figure out how small it is. I don’t think suitable for family with children. Limited space to open luggage.
At sunny day, the room is quite hot as the window is right beside the bed and to open the curtain is not possible for me due to sunlight.
At night, almost impossible to open the curtain as people at street will easily seeing you from outside through the glass.
At day and night, it is quite noise as the room right facing the street.
Room card key was not work at all. They tried to fix it but failed, then just told me that everytime I want to enter my room, just let them know, they will open it with master key. Consider that I’ll be travelling whole day, I’m fine with that.
b. Bathroom = weak water pressure.
c. TV = very limited TV channel.
d. Bad experience while a woman was knocked at my door at 3:30 AM (She got wrong room number from somebody I think !) and it was really bother me.
How to get T-Hotel Bukit Bintang ?
From LCCT :
By Bus (I prefer using Sky Bus, the official bus of AirAsia, which offer discount if booking in advance once we book the airline ticket). If payment in cash, it cost RM 9 for route LCCT-KL Central. From KL Central, you can use taxi or monorail and stop at Bukit Bintang station.
From Bukit Bintang station find the exit, turn left and walk through sidewalk. (fyi, mostly monorail station at KL doesn't provide escalator to go down, so those who are carrying heavy luggages just be prepared), After walk, you’ll see the 1st cross street (Jalan Bulan sign), keep walk straight and about 50 meters, you’ll see on the right side of street, the T-Hotel sign. Then cross the street.
In overall, my stay at T-hotel for 2 night were not really brought me for a good impression, based on any minus points above. Meaning, next time to KL, I rather to stay somewhere else, such as the hotel at Jalan Bulan, or a new budget hotel that also located in the opposite street (cross the street, take left and see the purple colour sign board hotel, (Sorry, can’t mention the name)).
However, depends on what type are you as traveller and how much you want to spend just for sleep ? Even many guesthouses at surround Alor street, Changkat Bukit Bintang street, etc… but in term of lcoation, it is still more strategic. But, with price like that, you can already having more spacious room in one of the the high rank of Bed n Breakfast as reviewed in tripavisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- T-Hotel Bukit Bintang is conveniently located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur offering superb value for money accommodation. The hotel is situated barely five minutes' walk from Bukit Bintang Monorail station and offers easy access to all major Kuala Lumpur's tourist attractions. Jalan Alor, the road famed for its glorious food, is only one block behind the hotel. Other attraction is the hip and happening party venue at Changkat Bukit Bintang, which is just few minutes walking from the hotel. The hotel has 76 rooms which vary from comfortable budget rooms to well-presented suite rooms. Each room is decorated with modern and contemporary designs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your T-Hotel Kuala Lumpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.