See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 5, 2015

I stayed in a bottom floor dorm, the room was the most depressing place I've stayed in, moldy terrible atmosphere, no lockers (thee actually were lockers but when I asked the staff said they had "lost" all the keys), no doorknob just a hole.

Upstairs seemed nicer, a nice looking living room with couches and a computer, but even this was a huge disappointment. The couches were terribly uncomfortable (you can feel all the springs), there were tons of mosquitoes and no a/c. It seemed like they tried to decorate to appear classy (artistic photos, fake flowers) but it came off as really cheap and tacky.

The staff weren't friendly enough to compensate, they were neutral bordering on unhelpful.

Room Tip: The dorm is terrible, the private rooms upstairs looked like they might be slightly nicer?
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank Idk9999
Reviewed January 27, 2015 via mobile

Not only was the room disgusting, during my second day I noticed money had gone missing from my purse, I had no reason to believe it was the hotel as I am travelling and it could have been taken anywhere! However when I went back to check my passport as I was checking out, the last remaining English note I had in my purse had been taken (the purse being in my hand luggage bag, which was tucked away) So not only did they go through my personal belongings once, but twice (there is no safe in the room.) when the manager came to discuss the matter, he was dripping with sweat and had guilty written all over him, as he couldn't get his words out, and was only concerned about keeping the volume of our voices down!

I'm not one to write reviews, but I was so disgusted, angry and upset that I feel it is necessary to let anyone who is considering staying here think twice as not only are the rooms vile, there are low life thieves within the hotel who will enter your room every time you are out! Scum.

Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank Dollytravel
Reviewed January 27, 2015

I am not usually one to write reviews but my stay here was the worst experience I have had since beginning my travels.

We paid for a private room with aircon, it was cheap (75RM) but was 100% not worth it. The room stank of damp and god knows what else, the sheets we're filthy and clearly hadn't been changed since the previous guests had stayed and the pillows we're stained!

The staff we conversed with we're all make and we're very rude and intimidating towards two young female travellers.

On our first night we noticed money missing from our purse'a but did not point a finger in blame as we could not prove wether it had been taken from this guest house or a previous. This all changed when on the second night even more money had been stolen. We obviously confronted the staff on duty who contacted his manager. The manager came with guilty written all across his face, he had no answer as to who had been in our rooms and his only concern was for us to keep our voices down.

I have never written a trip advisor review until now but I felt as though I should to warn other travellers about the disgraceful stay we had at the eclipse guesthouse.

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed January 19, 2015 via mobile

Arrived very early hours of the morning with no booking. The receptionist was very welcoming and helpful and allowed us to check in at 6am no extra charge.
Felt very safe and staff went out of the way to help with any of our needs. Let us use their facilities until we left that night. Highly recommended very reasonable for homely service.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aishling M
Reviewed January 8, 2015 via mobile

Me and boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights the rooms are quite small but all the rooms we viewed in Kuala Lumpur are like this. Even though they were small they are clean, we had enough room for both our backpacks and all our stuff the a/c was great and the bed really comfortable. There are 2 showers and 2 toilets which are fine they have hot water the door locks and the toilet flushes, what more do you need. The communal lounge area is great lots of places to sit large t.v lots of books and lots of fans as it's pretty hot in KL. The wifi worked really well everywhere we could even stream movies, there was everything you needed in the kitchen the breakfast was tea/coffee and toast all though it's basic it's the standard for KL and it was nice thick bread butter and jams and really good coffee. The location is perfect right in China Town so super cheap places to eat or it's a short walk or free bus to Bukit Bintang, The staff are super friendly and helped us out with everything we needed and told us the cheapest ways to get to Batu caves/airport etc overall it is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anybody and I would definately return great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2015