See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travelled alone and was not quite aware of whats on the other end of my trip. Last March 05, 2014 i Flew to KLCC airport and arrived mid-day when the SUN was like a Blazing torch piercing your pre-loved skin. i had an advanced booking for 1 day only in Eclipse Guesthouse, i took the advice of taking the Star shuttle Bus from KLCC terminal straight to Putrajaya terminal for 8RM only. without GPS and without any electronic Equipment i tried traveling in a foreign land in the old traditional way. i navigated the streets with my back packed on and a piece of notebook which i wrote some notes earlier. and there it is 55 Jalan Sultanand never thought the guest House was located at the end part of it. The place seemed Serene and VERY NEAT ELEGANTLY decorated and the attendants Wariq let me in. i upheld all my expectations first since i was quite doubtful about how they accommodate their guests. I settled Down and i met Mr. Rafiq afterwards who was very accommodating also. i commend you both and also the guy who cleans the place for your generous hospitality and neatness. Me (Burn) and my Partner (Sahlee arrived a few weeks ahead of me) were so delighted by the attitude shown in this Guesthouse. Bonding-wise and had a lot of opportunities to meet travelers too and my favorite place is the Kitchen ( i did cooked a number of dishes for my special one) typical Filipino Dishes for Her small Bday prep and shared the food to anyone who comes along the kitchen, since we prefer to celebrate it budget wise. i never thought i ended up staying almost a week before flying back to my country. i would DEFINITELY and would definitely come back, re-commend and adore this kind of hospitality and this Guesthouse. Nothing compares. Sending my regards to Doctor George, you can contact me always @ my email burn.ringia@gmail.com. Throw me a message and il give you some tips. By the way i walked all over the city for the whole week and even reached walking to Chowkit Wet market, if you need fresh cheap supplies of Seafoods. Best Place, best Location,Best Attendants, Best attitude, Best price and the Best place to hang around.Thank you and see you soon

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I went on a 18 month trip around the world and this was the absolute most disgusting place we stayed. Look. We stayed in a lot of hostels, too. So, it's not like I am picky and uptight. The sink to the bathroom was broken (one small sink outside the three showers). The showers were filthy. The air con in our room was so loud (and broken) that we didn't sleep the first night. The second night they let us switch to another room (which was nice of them). The floors are filthy. And, there are strange men that sit around in the lobby all day and night (they are not guest). I noticed a former reviewer mentioning this but we had to move out of our lovely hostel down the road (Bodhi House) because they were booked. So, since it was close by we chose Eclipse. IT was a bad decision for sure. I would never recommend this place and I would actively discourage anyone from staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Quirkyadventurer
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This guesthouse is really recommended. With a quite cheap price, they give us good facilities. There are clean kitchen (sometimes they provide free bread :p), clean wash room, cozy room, super fast wifi, friendly rexeptionist, and many more. The location of this guesthouse also near china town, and located not far from bus station and central market. You have to stay in this guesthouse if you come to Malaysia :D

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

It's ok. I'd expect the rooms to lock though and for the fans above the doors which are supposed to move the cooler air into the rooms to be working. There were no windows. We booked and paid for a "double bed" and ended up with a bunk. Maybe because we're two guys they changed it before handing over the keys - could be a homophobia thing in a Muslim country.

Good location. Friendly enough staff. Have to remove your shoes before entering which is a bit odd for a backpackers. Bathroom was acceptable. Overall it's nothing special but the price is on the low side. The minimum of a secure room with air circulation is not met here though.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mitch G
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I paid 28ringgit for a Dorm bed, and... So dirt! And it,s no really cheap. There's another backpacker's guesthouse a few meters before in the same street, called Seven Nite Inn, so much better. Only 25ringgit, better bed, so much clean and confortable, and breakfast included!!! Awesome!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo