“It's fun comfort”
Review of Eclipse Guesthouse

Eclipse Guesthouse
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm actually more valuable this great effort that you are doing for our comfort
This is a great effort that you have done, we enjoyed spending time with you really fun and nice and comfy with you
Thank you very much indeed for this hospitality
Certainly I will visit you again and will also tell my friends about this wonderful place
I thank you with all my heart
My thanks also to Professor Rafiq
Also all workers in this place
I would like to also thank the lady who takes care of the flowers and preview-fed and the place in the morning and arrange a library I would like to thank her warmly actually
I would like to thank the owner of this wonderful place and I thank him for the good selection of employees
With my best wishes and good luck abdallah essam hassan

Room Tip: Single room bed s2
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 17, 2014

It is in excellent location. It is in the heart of China Town and also very near to international Bus terminal. From here u get bus for Singapore, Thailand and to different destinations. Staffs are very friendly, nice place to stay for a week or so.

Room Tip: i like this guest house with very friendly staff, cleanliness. Location excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I ended up staying here for a night because all other hostels were booked. For the price it is the worst hostel I stayed at so far backpacking in Asia. The rooms were dark and musty, the lockers didn't work, bathrooms were dirty and the staff were of no help. The only thing good is the location being closed to Chinatown.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank alocke90
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We only ended up here because the place we were staying was fully booked!

For near on £7 per person per night it is an absolute rip off! The rooms are so small, 3 of us shared what was supposedly a triple room, we couldn't even place our rucksacks down on the floor! The mattresses were so thin and lumpy and the pillow wasn't much better. Air conditioning just continued to freeze the room, no remote to correct this so that or bake if we turned it off. I don't even know where to begin on the bathrooms, I didn't want to go in them. Didn't eat breakfast as the kitchen looked pretty filthy.
Also there are, I believe the owners children, staying in one of the rooms who run up and down the corridor all day and night which makes loads of noise!
Wifi slow, service average at best.
You can do far better in the area and for cheaper!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ollie1990
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a few nights here and and we haven't seen any of the pros related in the other reviews. No good service: The guy at the front desk was not helpful at all, not able to answer any simple question. Speaking on the phone in the back, saying "dunno" by a headsign... The rooms are teeny tiny with carpet and a weird smell. AC doesn't work. The kitchen and bathrooms are very dirty, I won't even have a coffee here. Yes there is a "kitchen" but we can't use the fridge (it's locked) so what's the point? Oh and no more bread for breakfast. I know it's cheap but you can find cheap and nice elsewhere!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank GLmay
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Really friendly staff (especially Doreen), much nicer than other places we have stayed at in KL and great location for China Town and travel around the city.

Free breakfast and coffee throughout the day. Really nice communal areas with computers, books, mags, tv and comfy chairs. Yoga classes once a week.

The cheapest way to book is directly through their webiste. No deposit required..

The bed was comfy but the highlight for me were the staff.

Thanks guys x

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed 6 nights at Eclipse. The rooms are really basic and could do with a hoover, but alright overall. There is a big lounge room with a TV and wifi which is nice to chill out in. The staff are friendly and I felt that the security in the guesthouse was really good. I think there is also a free breakfast, although I never actually made the most out of that. The hostel is in a really good location, close to chinatown and some train stations, making it super convenient to get around the city. (don't use taxis as they normally refuse you entry unless you agree to completely rip off prices, we got stranded for 3 hours outside a football stadium!) The only negative about this place is the bathroom, there is only one shower that works, so is often in use and the toilet is a bit gross. But it certainly isn't the worst I've seen during my trip-so I wouldn't let that put you off. All in all we have had an enjoyable stay and would recommend it if you're on a budget, looking for somewhere safe and central.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple