The Bodhi Lodge
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$187
$96
$90
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$139
Hotels.com
$85
$76
  • Fitness center
Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$130
$96
Trip.com
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
$75
  • Restaurant
All reviewslrt stationshared bathroombangsar villagedorm roomnice place to stayair conditioningone nightclean roomslittle indiamin walkbackpackershostelwifishower
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

British couple, backpackers, budget to mid range travellers.
We stayed here three nights.
This is a lovely hostel, the owner is so friendly and helpful, she has done some travelling, so can give advise with travel plans and plenty of recommendations.
We had a private double, very clean and good a/c, there are two shared bathrooms with electric water heaters, again very clean. You can use the kitchen area and fridge, so for breakfast we bought a box of cereal and milk, there's a 7 eleven just down the road.
Location is very good, 5min walk to the MRT, then only 20min on the MRT to the KLCC. There's also plenty of local restaurants around the hostel.
We would defiantly stay here again if we ever return to KL.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The owner GG will recommended you the place you should visit and help to make up your plan which is very good. It is walk-able to sentral station which is very convenience. The whole guest-house is clean and well design like home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I chose this place because of reviews alone. It has definitely lived up to them all!

Bodhi Lodge is very clean, the hosts are super friendly and just want to offer great KL advice. Both Gege and Michael are travellers who know KL well and have been all over Malaysia too.

I stayed in the two bed room which was small but perfectly fine! It was clean and had everything I needed. The wifi is fast (I could Skype with a clear picture), the showers are clean, the whole place has a nice homely feel to it and its location is great! <5 mins walk from Bangsar station (which is one station up from KL Sentral).

Awesome place. Awesome owners. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this lodge due to the excellent ratings and reviews past lodgers had kindly shared. I wasn't disappointed. Out of the three places I've stayed on this trip to KL, (one of them a prestigious 5 stars hotel) I enjoyed my stay here the most.

The room and the bathrooms were clean (only two bathrooms though). The area where this lodge is located is both quiet and conveniently located near the LRT station. There's a kitchen if you want to cook your own food. Free Hi-speed WiFi. The proprietress, Gege, is a friendly lady and an excellent source of travel information should you required some. If you're a solo traveler (I was), make friends with your fellow lodgers and go explore the city together.

Do note though that this place maybe hard to find at first (I was lost for about half an hour trying to find this place, and no, I didn't ask for directions - yup, I'm a guy). To avoid making the same mistake as I did, do Google for the lodge website and click on the location tab.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TMHCollin
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I got to know this hostel from a travellng sharing website,
The location is convenient, with only 5 min walk from Bangsar LRT, which is one station from KL Sentral. The room is clean and the decoration inside is very comfortable.
Most importantly, among all the other hotels in KL, the price here is very reasonable considering its location, decoration and cleaness.
There are some dining places downstair. We tried the inidian breakfast and fried chicken rice supper which was quite tasty. (sorry, i cannot remember the exact name)
I Stayed in KL for three days. Thanks to Miss Gege, we had a lot of fun. She is the owner also the only staff ,who gave everyone professional travelling suggetions. She is very patient and responsible. She is a person with a lot of travelling experience, and is good at optimizing our time for travelling.
She tried her best to ensure us a great travlling experience by telling us where to eat the most authentic local specialty, where to visit and where not to for the concern of safetym and how to travel in KL in a budget way. She also likes to find parterns for those who traveled alone so that we can look after each other on the road.
If i visit KL again , I would definitely choose Bodhi again!
Next time , i will definity choose Bodhi lodge again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends