“You can heard a sound from next door.”

Smile Hotel @ Wangsa Maju
Smile Hotel @ Wangsa Maju
Ranked #202 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Slept there for one night.

Checkin was easy, the room is small and clean.
but they forgets to clean my bathroom! eeewwww!! it was night, so i just sprinkle with my shampoo instead. Forget about watching movie as they only have free channels. WIFI is charged! but fast! thats an advantage!

above all but its affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MazMansur

Reviewed December 1, 2013

During Check In the staff took my IC to photocopy and I'm not aware that she actually didn't give it back to me.
After that when I’m aware that my IC was missing, I check with the receptionist whether did I left my IC here.
The receptionist very firm to answer “NO”. Then we request the receptionist to check on the CCTV.
He said only supervisor can view on the CCTV, I give a call to the supervisor and make appointment on the next day 9am to check on it.
The next day 9am sharp I reach there and the receptionist said he found my IC and actually is one of the guest send it back to reception.
I wondering where I misplace it so I still request to check on the CCTV.
But then the receptionist said the supervisor went to breakfast and will be back after 1 hour. I thought our appointment was 9am.
I force to wait for one hour and some more outside was raining.
When the supervisor TONY was back he said actually he did view the CCTV and the IC was actually found in their photocopy machine.
I thought his staff told me that my IC was drop somewhere.
Tell me about it, how can a hotel cheat to their guest. Who dare to stay there again. I’m still worrying did they use my IC to do anything else.
Seriously disappointed and I wasted my half day to settle their staff mistake.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank J0E62
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here after being too exhausted to go home from work. Nothing much really. Room was fortunately clean. Parking available and facilities were very basic. Jusco mall and food eateries are nearby so you can go and have a grab to eat. Overall, it is a good place for those who need a place for short stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

typical budget hotel. was there to escort drunk friends - checked in the morning and out in the afternoon. Everything was alright, i'm thankful that hot water is easily accessible from water booth just outside of the room. Another plus point is the window - most budget hotels can't afford one! When i leave the hotel for only half an hour to get something outside, they asked me to leave the room key with them. I got really worried - what if they entered the room? there were three girls inside, sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Overall this is what i expect from this price - clean sheets, simple room, simple amenities. Solve your most urgent trouble and does nothing to worsen it. Phew.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was there for a yoga weekend. The hotel room was small but clean. There is absolutely zero frills about the hotel but it served its purpose. There is a decent laundry around the corner, and food around the area is very reasonably priced,lots of choice. It's quite expensive to take a cab from the airport because of the distance. Generally, Wangsa Maju is quite far from the shopping hotspots that KL is famous for. I know quite a few people have complained about it not being clean but I was lucky enough to be a decent one.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel's room is dirty...stayed for a night...can't have good sleep..The bed sheet was dirty with stain on it..just like never wash from previous guest..the bathroom was dirty..can see the dirt on the floor..I will not coming back again and will not recommend to others..

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank David N
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Smile Hotel is just a very basic budget hotel,nothing to crow about,but the bathroom in many of their rooms are so elevated that it is a danger for elderly guest,its a wonder that there has been no accident of broken limbs yet,or if there were,maybe it has been hushed up. I have been to many hotels in Kuala Lumpur,Langkawi,Ipoh,Penang and much more places,but have never come across a hotel,be it star graded or non star graded that has got such dangerous bathrooms..I would not recommend that elderly people stay there,it is alright for the younger ones..

Room Tip: Just be careful of the steps that leads to ur bathroom....