“Asian fusion ftw!”

Ranked #227 of 4,646 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Ploy is all about Modern Asian Cuisine. It also means 'gem' in Thai. Inspired by the true gems of Japanese and Thai cuisine, we love the interplay of sweet, sour, salty, spicy and umami flavours, we believe in meticulous preparation and are dedicated to using only the freshest ingredients. By applying these basic tenets to our favorite foods – we think you'll find dining at Ploy dazzling.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

If food portion is not a big issue, the place would have been perfect. (For durian fans) The durian desert is something to die for!

ploywithyourfood, General Manager at PLOY, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Foodgasmic,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just love this place ! We have had lunch and dinner on multiple occasions, since we live down the road. Chef Daniel managed to put together a set of surprising dishes, which are all innovative and extremely well balanced in flavour and draw upon inspiration across the globe.

Add to this some great cocktails and desserts (our daughter is addicted to the freshly made ice cream with liquid nitrogen) and you will not be disappointed ! if possible try to get a covered outdoor seat, but make sure they switch off the fans...

ploywithyourfood, General Manager at PLOY, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear MKinKL,

Thank you for your review. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your meals at PLOY, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We tried a few dishes which were all delicious! The Pamelo Salad, the fried baby squid, the spicy salmon pizza, the squid ink Spagetti! Nice sushi as well. Had a great time over there and the service was excellent!

Dear 27Ying91,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourself during your visit to PLOY. We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is not bad at all, even better, it's just around the corner where I worked. My boss decided to have a business lunch here one day. I knew that Ploy is in the Trip Advisor ranking. WHat I didn't know, is that it's just a few blocks away from our office.

I give it an average because I think it's great to entertain your business colleagues here but it's not good enough to warrant a repeat with family or friends.

There are 7 of us that day and some of us opted for the set lunch. Comes pretty cheap, together with appetizer and the main course. WHile me, I went for the duck confit.hm...the duck was okay except it's a little bit on the dry side. The glazing was not something memorable, I ended up having it naked without any sauce added on.

Some of my colleagues had the fish, which she said was fantastic and some had pasta, which was not bad. Something I couldn't forget was the chocolate lava cake. that was lovely, it has crusty outside and of course, molten lava of choc just burst from the inside of the cake. I thought the hydrogen ice cream is a bit of a gimmick...it is just that - icecream with hydrogen poured around it....nothing to shout about. The ice cream is good as it is, I think it's homemade ice cream as we could see the bits of vanilla in it.

Al in all, it is an acceptable restaurant to bring your guests but I wouldn't organize any events here! I wouldn't mind giving this restaurant another go....who knows, my review might change another time round.

1  Thank FadzlynFarid

Dear FadzlynFarid,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your meal wasn't up to expectations, we hope your next visit will be more pleasing and you change your mind about us. Look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good change with great friends! The vegetarian spaghetti is good. But I missed liquid nitrogen ice cream!

ploywithyourfood, General Manager at PLOY, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear aahsweetfusion,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you and your friends has a great time at PLOY. We hope to see you again soon!