“Anniversary Dinner”

Ranked #449 of 4,287 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Ploy is all about Modern Asian Cuisine. It also means 'gem' in Thai. Inspired by the true gems of Japanese and Thai cuisine, we love the interplay of sweet, sour, salty, spicy and umami flavours, we believe in meticulous preparation and are dedicated to using only the freshest ingredients. By applying these basic tenets to our favorite foods – we think you'll find dining at Ploy dazzling.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I booked a week earlier for the anniversary just in case the restaurant was full. Me and my wife arrived early at around 6.30 pm. A beautiful restaurant, my wife like the place very much. We then viewed the menu, there was also an accompanying iPad menu showing the pics of all the food. She ordered her drink, sprite with plum ice cubes, the ice cubes itself were frozen plum juice, very lovely. I ordered mint cooler, which was nice. For starters we order soft shelled crab salad which was very very lovely, you can really taste the crab so delicious. Then I had Australian tenderloin steak, juice, tasty, very delicious with a touch of rendang for the gravy, i never knew rendang goes so well with steak!! and she had the salmon, which was super tasty, and crunchy also according to her. We continually dip into each other's place to have a taste of each other's meal. According to the waitress, Ploy's meal is for sharing. For dessert i had a sinfully yummy chocolate fondant and my wife had the yummy creme caramel. The waitress was very kind with showing us around the restaurant and taking pictures for us. We were very suprised when the bill came and the waitress informed me that the chocolate fondant was on the house as it was our anniversary. Definitely a superb restaurant and warrant a frequent visit!

7  Thank Ihsan Z
There are newer reviews for PLOY

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I went there again in less than a month and this time I was surprised by the Tuna Sunrise! Yes its the Tuna Sunrise. Not a drink but 5 nice delectable raw slices of tuna all turned into a circle and being blow torched to perfection! Mind blowing and after that a mind blowing taste. The blowtorch is on request and one can singe the tuna lightly or just smoke it away. I was blown away later by the black fried rice and the spicy hot pasta. I could not remember all the names but there is little doubt that I will come back to Ploy on ALL my KL business trips!

Many thanks to Prakash and the humble and talennted Daniel Yong!

PS: There was no Tequila Sunrise.

4  Thank CiviCSingapore
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Excellent food n svc,
We will be back very sooooooonnn,,, cheers

3  Thank pet7001
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was in KL in late May, went to Ploy for dinner...what an experience again...I especially loved the duck.... it was excellent....the desserts...durian panacotta.....yum! Keep up the good work Ploy...you are my favourite restaurant by far! Well done!!!! Cheers from Australia!

10  Thank Valrish
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Good food in impressive setup with the 3rd tallest building view. Must try black squid ink fried rice, baby squid, thin crust pizza and durian penacotta. Down it with Ice flavored beverages and great selection of wine at reasonable price.

5  Thank Palateaser