“Great budget option in KL”

Orange Pekoe Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 358 Kuala Lumpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed in a family room which was clean and entirely adequate. At night the street looks a little dodgey, but actually very safe street, and inside it is an oasis. Staff very friendly, very clean and highly recommend. Location is central to everything. It is a budget option which is reflected in the price. As long as you don't go expecting Traders, you will be very happy with this choice which is great value for KL..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Kyrenite, Owner at Orange Pekoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Bmiz, you say it: we are not Traders Hotel and we always hope that our guests come here with the right expectations. What we offer is simple feel-good accommodation in downtown KL. This means: central location, great service, a super-clean and safe place, simple rooms (modern a/c , bathrooms, safe boxes), a cozy lounge and above all, a really good vibe :-) If you are looking for that, you can't go wrong with our place. Cheers, your Nest Team

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My dad n Mom stayed for 7 and 6 nights in your 'nest'. They told me that even though entrance to the door is bit crowded and untidy (we know you can't change it), they love the cleanliness of our room, especially the neat, clean and bright kitchen which we liked very much.
Coziness of living room combined with friendly staff creates a warm atmosphere that you should keep it up.
Should I have friends who'd like to find a guesthouse. 'The Nest' would be recommended by us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ChristaS15, thanks so much for giving us a "highly recommended"! We promise to keep it up and to never stop trying to make good things even better. You just missed our new desks and the safety boxes that we have installed in all Superior, Deluxe and Family Rooms. Of course, we hope to see you back here again some time soon. Until then, all the best - cheers, your Nest Team

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a lay-over between Australia and the UK.
I arrived early yet my room was ready and I was checked-in straight away. The guy on reception was helpful and provided me a map of Kuala Lumpur with directions to attractions/sites.
The guesthouse is in a superb location, only a 2 minute walk from the Pavillion Shopping Mall and a 10 minute walk from The Petronas Towers and Suria KLCC. In the opposite direction is the KL tower, a 20 minute walk away.

I had a single room which was bigger that I was expecting. I had my own en-suite shower/toilet and storage area for my luggage. The room was always clean.
The common area in the hotel was comfortable and I watched some TV while waiting for my transfer to the airport. The communal kitchen I didn't use but it was clean and a good size.
Wi-Fi was provided free on every floor and was a good speed.

I would stay here again and have recommened family to try it out when in KL. It's simple and basic but clean and central. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear dani_lea, thank you for taking the time to review our place. We are glad that you liked our single room (ensuite) and other facilities at The Nest. Thanks also for recommending us to your family. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers - your Nest Team

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed in a Standard Double with private bathroom detached on top floor. The room was spacious for myself and had air-conditioning, but it was inconvenient since the bathroom was out of my room. When you book the Standard Double room, you'd better to book the room with the bathroom inside your room. They said two came with detached bathroom and other two came with attached bathroom.
The room I stayed was corner surrounded by small streets, so it was pretty noisy with cars and the people living the apartments on the street. Moreover, it seemed that the bird nest was behind the wall. They kept singing...

However, the staff was very nice and had good management.
I booked through e-mail directly to the guesthouse. The replies were so quick and very responsible. After I checked in, they helped me for any questions about tourist spots and so on.

I stayed there on the first anniversary day. All guests were invited to dinner of Malaysian food to celebrate together. It was very nice of them.

The guesthouse was kept clean and provided hot drinks through the day.
The Wi-Fi and continental style breakfast were complementary. That was very helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure with staff you get what you want.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Kyrenite, Owner at Orange Pekoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Tabibito2011_12, thank you for giving us your feedback here. Our 4 Standard Rooms (2 with ensuite and 2 with private bathroom outside the room) are allocated subject to availability. When you made your booking inquiry, we reserved an ensuite room for you. But by the time you confirmed your reservation only a room with private bathroom was left (we operate on a first come first serve basis of confirmed reservations). We informed you accordingly in our confirmation email in order to avoid misunderstandings. Regardless of procedural questions, we are of course sorry to hear that you were disturbed by birds and other people who live in this neighborhood. As we are very centrally located, some of this "city noise" is simply beyond our control. Having said this, most of our guests tell us that they enjoy a good night's rest here at The Nest. Kind regards from all of us here. It was a pleasure to see you at our anniversary dinner! Cheers!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days when visiting KL. it is right in the middle of all the shopping in BB district, and only five minutes from monorail. The rooms are basic, but very clean with comfortable beds. There is a nice sitting area and all the people who work here are very nice and extremely helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Jake F, thank you for giving us your feedback here. We are happy that you were happy and hope to see you again :-) Cheers and all the best from your Nest Team

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lovely little guest house for the budget traveller.We recently stayed two nights before our adventures around malaysia and two nights before our departure. Clean and modern. staff very friendly. Great location for KLCC. good places to eat everywhere. what more could you want!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kyrenite, Owner at Orange Pekoe Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear AussieGandT, thank you for writing a review here. Great to know that you liked our place! We hope you enjoyed your holiday in beautiful Malaysia and that we will have you back here at The Nest one day in the future. Cheers, your Nest Team :-)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 weeks (yes 4 weeks!) while doing a medical elective placement at the local hospital. I cannot sum up in a few words how great this place is. All of the staff are wonderful, friendly and up for a chat and I felt very much at home here. You only need to read the other excellent reviews on here to see that this is consistent throughout.

The delux rooms are very big, very comfortable double bed, a desk and stool is also provided in the room and a railing for clothes. Yes the rooms are basic, but it is part of the reason why this place is so good in that the rates are low and you get to stay right within the golden triangle district without the extortionate prices. The shower is small but I have used similar showers in student accomodation back in the UK before so it didnt bother me at all. The rooms, bathrooms and the whole place is kept very very clean - the housekeeping staff are a very lovely couple! Towels are changed daily and beds are made daily. Very good wifi access and also free. You can connect up your laptop/phone/tablet to it or can use the computers downstairs.

The staff are all so helpful, especially in terms of laundry service, booking taxis, they go beyond just being reception staff (there was one incident where one of the guests lost their daughter while shopping, the team endeavoured for hours to find her and sucessfully found her and reunited the mother and daughter!) and also suggested great places for me to go visit while in Malaysia.

The breakfast of toast, jam/butter, tea, bananas and cereal was very filling (you do need to prepare breakfast and wash up after yourself - again part of keeping costs down and also gave it an "at home" feel). I am so glad i did not opt for staying in a hotel as I have had bad experiences with hotels in malaysia (and these were 4 star hotels...). Just trust me when I say that staying here for a few days while you are exploring kuala lumpur will be one of the best decisions you make on your trip!

I genuinely miss The Nest and would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for such a great stay, my trip to Malaysia would not have been possible or as enjoyable without you!

Room Tip: It is true that some of the rooms can be subect to noise from the street (I had one of the noisy roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear kpatel8778, thank you SO MUCH for your great feedback. When a guest who stays with us that long says so many nice things, we are deeply honoured. And we are also happy to know that we could give you the feeling of home away from home while you did your internship at the hospital. It was a pleasure to have you here and sad to see you leave. All the best for your last year of study. Please come again and send us your fellow colleagues who want to do an internship in KL. Cheers from everybody here at The Nest! :-)