“Great hotel with the most comfortable beds ever!”

Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #74 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Poole, UK
“Great hotel with the most comfortable beds ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just back after a week at this hotel. Travelled from the UK and arrived at 9am after a 12.5 hour flight - very pleased to be given our room at noon. Large two bedded room on the 16th floor with great views.

Particularly good points - beds were very comfortable with super soft bedding, lots of english speaking TV channels, hot and powerful shower, free wifi, nice breakfast, great (and reasonable by UK standards) room service, free bottled water daily, great AC, friendly and helpful staff, free shuttle to central station (although could do with being more regular), lots of working & fast lifts

Not quite so good points - only a glass screen between toilet and bedroom, no door! lighting in bedroom is dim, one bedside light and power socket didn't work, juice at breakfast was "squash" like, not many sunbeds by the pool and all in shade from early afternoon.

Getting around KL is easy and cheap by taxi - we had no problem with drivers not finding the hotel (as previous people have).

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Pool Uk

We have reviewed your comments as a management team and appreciate what you have said to make improvements. The juices are not freshly squeezed that is correct but are available through the A la Carte breakfast menu. Sorry about the plug, but the standing light in the bedroom can be made available for extra lighting as well as the bed side light that can be turned towards the reader.
Look forward to your next stay
Ian Hurst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Surat Thani, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Had we checked out on the 22nd of August, I would have been able to write a similar review to the one from our previous stay in June of last year. Unfortunately, the events of Friday evening and Saturday morning mean I can't.
Make no mistake, this is a very good hotel...if we hadn't thought that then we would have stayed elsewhere on our visit to KL this year. The rooms are very comfortable, the housekeeping excellent and the overall standard of service is very good. You get an excellent buffet style breakfast in the Kembali kitchen although we would prefer tea/coffee to be self service as well given the difficulty in attracting a waiters attention! The Kembali kitchen is also excellent when a buffet style dinner is available and the service then was exceptional. Hugo's on 6 was brilliant ...we had the steamboat and this was very good value with the added advantage of night time cityscape views.( thanks to Kim who "persuaded" us that we would really miss out if we didn't book!). Service here was also very good. The hotel is conveniently situated not too far from KL Sentral ( taxi costs MYR 10 to the hotel), bedrooms/bathrooms are well equipped with the usual toiletries, hair dryer, iron etc. You also get a free newspaper each morning.
It started to go wrong on Friday evening in the Kembali kitchen. We were exhausted after a busy day so decided not to go out again. It was the a la carte menu which was somewhat limited but the service was appalling. There was only one other table occupied so the staff certainly weren't busy. Our main course arrived before the starter with no explanation and when I was half way through my meal, the waitress decided she would try and remove my plate! After we had finished, we sat there but no one came to see if we wanted a sweet or coffee etc so in the end we left. The service at the buffet dinner had been extremely good despite the restaurant being virtually full.
Saturday morning was check out which wasn't a problem and we had booked the shuttle bus to KL Sentral. When we were getting on the bus, I asked the driver if our luggage was on board and was told it was. However, on arrival at KL Sentral there was no luggage. We then had to wait for the bus to return to the hotel and bring our luggage.
I don't believe that the sudden deterioration in standards is a permanent feature and it would not put us off staying there again but Friday evening/Saturday morning was not acceptable.
I said earlier that this is a very good hotel and it is. We would still recommend staying there as the hotel has so many good features and hopefully Friday evening/Saturday morning was just a "blip".

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Suratrichard.

So sorry to have let you down on your final day. It is a disappointment too for the hotel to have given indications of luggage storage only to find out that it was not loaded as promised. The associate has been questioned and genuinely thought he had loaded the luggage. We have reiterated to him in our training that all guests must see their luggage loaded to verify receipt. We and he are very sorry for the mishap.
We do thank you for your customs and your support and hope to see you on your next visit to K.L. Appreciate too all the good comments.
Best wishes
General manager
Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I never thought I would actually prefer staying in the hotel than to go out in the city.

First off, let me say that while the hotel's location is not really central, there are several options of getting there from KLIA/KLIA2. Taking a cab is obviously the most convenient, but naturally more expensive, too. You can take the KLIA Ekspress (35 minutes) then take the free hotel shuttle (depends on the schedule) at KL Sentral. Or, if you're not in a hurry, take the Skybus from the airport to KL Sentral, and take the free hotel shuttle (again, depending on schedule) or hail a taxi in front of Nu Sentral mall.

I arrived later than the check in time, but checking in was a breeze, and they immediately took care of my luggage.

Upon entering my 1-bedroom Club Suite, I was pleasantly surprised with the welcome gift: an assortment of high tea sweets like pralines, macarons, and mini cakes - all of which I really, really loved!

My room had a separate lounge, full size writing desk with plenty of power outlets and complete with stationery supplies perfect for the business traveler (with a view of the beautiful moorish-style KL Railway Station and Menara KL to boot), and kitchenette with coffee and tea-making facility. The mini bar is well-stocked, too. I even had a CBTL machine.

The bedroom was separated from the lounge by a sliding wooden door. By the way, the lounge and bedroom has separate individually controlled air conditioners.

My bed was just gorgeous! It was just the right size and firmness, and I love the freshness of the sheets. I had lots of pillows, too. They even have a pillow menu so you can request them to change it according to your preference.

A frosted glass separates the tub from the room. There's also a separate shower stall with rainshower head. I also appreciate that they have a retractable clothes line in the shower stall because where else would you hang your wet swimsuit, right? Other hotels don't even think of that. There's a bidet (with adjustable pressure) for the toilet. They provide complete toiletries, and these are some of the best I've used among all the hotels I've stayed at!

Bathrobes, slippers, plenty of hangers, iron and ironing board, electronic safe, hairdryer, and plenty of plush towels are provided. I also appreciate the small details - things I don't often see in other hotels like bath salt, sewing kit, shoehorn, and potpourri in the lounge. There's also daily newspaper.

In terms of food, there are plenty of dining options within the hotel.

During my first night, I tried the Apple Quencher mocktail at Punch Bar & Lounge. I don't really drink alcohol so their mocktail selections were perfect for me. I enjoyed it while chilling at one of the colorful couches at Punch Bar. And since I stayed during the weekend, I also got the chance to try their English Afternoon Tea the following day. I didn't know that it was good for 2 so I had a hard time finishing off everything. In fact, I was so full after that I had to skip dinner.

I had dinner on my first night at Hugo's on 6 which is located at the pool area. It was BBQ night that time so I gorged on chicken and beef satay, grilled lamb, shawarma, grilled corn on the cob, among others. There was even a saxophone player who performed that night. All this, while simultaneously enjoying the view of the pool and the KL skyline.

But my favorite will have to be the buffet breakfast at Kembali Kitchen! My stay coincided with Hari Raya so you can just imagine how busy it was at the buffet breakfast, but the staff tried their best to manage the queue. They were also quick to 'bus out' tables. Food warmers were also consistently replenished.

They have an extensive food selection ranging from Malaysian, Chinese, Indian to Mediterranean and Western cuisines.

I also had a one-hour treatment at Bhuvana Spa (also on the same floor as the pool and Hugo's). My therapist, Yana, was really good. She applied just the right pressure and it was a really blissful experience - not one that leaves you with a painful body.

Everyone was really nice and attentive, and were dedicated in ensuring that guests have a pleasurable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Excursionista14
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Excursionista14

A very detailed contribution to your stay and to your overall experience whilst in the hotel. You have taken the time to detail finely all the partitions contributing to a perfect stay and as such have assisted us greatly in noting to our associate team what 'makes a perfect stay'!

I have requested your comments be carried on the staff notice board to ensure all our team can read and enjoy your compliments.

Thanks so much. It has made all our days!

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very conveniently located near train stations & Airport express.
This is a modern hotel managed by a reliable hotel chain - Best Western
Had all the features what you would expect from a 4 star with nice rooms & good eating options.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Darrel J
Thank you for your supportive comments and appreciate you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to your return so that we may serve you again.
With sincerest best wishes
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Reasonably nice hotel. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Location is a problem if looking to walk around. Service and bookings are a big problem with this hotel. We booked a non-smoking room and checked into a smoking room. We were told a room change to correct problem was not possible at the time. After repeated requests room was finally changed later next day. Hotel had difficulties in moving luggage between rooms and luggage finally arrived after approximately 4 hours of waiting with repeated requests. Ordering food from rooms is also problematic as they forget about the orders. Complimentary breakfast in mornings is a problem as booking included two people in reservation and restaurant will only confirm one person.

Room Tip: Check details in your booking upon arrival to confirm supplied room and services are the same as req...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear GJEverett.

It appears that very little comfort or support from your stay. We have discussed the various issue with the management team. It is not acceptable that rooms assigned have been given smoking rooms instead of non smoking rooms. We have discussed this as a serious issue. The other points are also noted. Management have been advised. I will personally review again with all concerned. I do hope you will believe that we are concerned and very sorry. I am concerned and training delivery again discussed.
Please do call my office if there is anything I can do for your next visit.
Trust you have safe travels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I have taken a 2 bedroom Executive suit for a family of 4 including 2 kids under 12 yrs.Rooms are great, service is excellent. My flight was early and took an airport taxi to best western which charged me RM 102. Even though my booking was at 3:00 pm they were anle to check me in by 1:00 pm less than an hour wait. Clean with very mordern amenities. Easy acess to train, cabs & excellent nearby Indian mess across the road.I will surely recommend for all.

Dear SonaMathew
Great that we sped up the check in process and accommodated you almost immediately after arrival in the morning. Its peak holiday season at the moment and we do have to wait for our guests to check out before we can get into the rooms to clean. Great that we had the opportunity to do so with an early departure!
Really appreciate your comments and your perfect score! We will place it on the notice board for our associates to follow up.
General Managert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great!!! Super friendly staff! Got a luxury suite and it was amazing and very comfortable! Breakfast is fantastic as well. And the location is also very good, you can just walk everywhere. Super recommended!! :))

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle T
Dear Michelle

Really appreciate your perfect score! We feel pride in having made your experience at the hotel something special!
Thank you so much and trust we can 'take care of you' again very soon
Best wishes