“Good Stay”

Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #80 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nice place. Big Comfy Rooms. Super clean! Good Food. Friendly Staff. Stayed there already two times ... only minus, both times the taxi i ordered came half an hour too late. Anything else was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Divesmontah

Well indeed a great write up for us and in intricate detail which is appreciated. Whilst the kitchenette does have a sink and a cupboard space for storage plates and cutlery can be ordered through room service. We wish to ensure hygienic control and therefore provide on demand.
All other areas you have noted are special and in particular the size of the guest rooms and bathroom facilities.
There are great restaurants as well to support your stay and a requirement to fulfil your expectations from a Premier property.
We wish you safe travels and an appreciation for taking the time to fill out your comments on your stay
Please do let us know when you will be returning and anticipate your requirements.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Alright, I'm gonna break this down into several categories and it will be a long review so prepare a cup of coffee if you need.

Check-in and hotel staff - We arrived at the hotel approximately 11am and went to check-in. Unfortunately, the room wasn't ready and we were asked to wait so we did. After 7 hours of travel time to KL and waiting time of 2 hours at the airport, we were exhausted. Yet despite asking them a few times if our room was ready, it is still being 'cleaned'. We only got our room around 12.30pm (an early check-in, yes, but if we knew it was going to take that long we wouldn't have waited at the lobby and instead explore the facilities). For the hotel staff on the other hand, I would like to highlight a pleasant staff named Ghazal who helped answer all our queries. Some of the other staff such as the concierge and shuttle reservation weren't as friendly but the Kembali restaurant staff actually acknowledge your presence and greet you everywhere you go so kudos to them!

Room and facilities - Since we had to wait a long while for our room, we were hoping that it is good enough, but it surely exceeded our expectations! Our 2-bedroom corner suite was HUGE that my whole family including myself was gushing about how beautiful and spacious it is! It had a modern look to it and the lightings and suitable air con level made the perfect ambience for relaxation. The pictures guests take of their room can't do any justice to the room itself in real life. The bathroom was massive and hidden behind a wardrobe like door which itself was 3m long. We also had 2 beds in one of the rooms and it was so spacious that I believe it can fit one more single bed in it. The kitchenette was compact but it's nice to have some tea sachets lying around and a few bottles of plain water too. The disappointment to this however was the fact that there were no cutleries or plates at all, so it actually defeats the purpose of an actual kitchenette. Some guests also mentioned that some bathroom itself had no door and that is true, but thing is, you have separate shower and toilet and both have frosted glass doors so its not like you can actually see the other person in there. Overall, the suite is AWESOME and it's great to see there's a rain shower in the bathroom. We also had time to explore the gym, pools, spa and surau (all on level 6). The gym was average, not the best but might be enough for a short stay and the pools had unique shapes but boast AMAZING views of KL's best city skyline such as Petronas Twin Towers and KL tower in view. The spa was heavily promoted around the hotel and it looks really classy but I find the prices a little expensive. Lastly, the surau (prayer room) is also available for Muslim guests who had forgotten to bring their prayer mat and outfits.

Others - The hotel provide free WiFi throughout the hotel and they also have shuttle service to send or pick up guests from KL Sentral, KLCC and The Gardens @ Mid Valley. It saved us quite a bit as we will then only pay for the ride back to hotel. Guests are also entitled to around 40-60% off (if I'm not wrong) for the spa treatments.

I really am satisfied with this hotel as it really lives up to the BEST WESTERN brand from what I'm familiar with when traveling to the States. I just hope that some improvements can be made as I will want to go back there again!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Travelenthusiast.

Well I took the opportunity to enjoy a great coffee, especially welcomed by the fact that the majority of the comments you have made in detail were extremely positive and supportive of the hotel. But rightly so! I do believe our team tries very hard to please and produces Malaysian Hospitality at it's best! The suites you have indicated are indeed awesome and we very much appreciate this support of appreciation for our accommodations which are superior in every way!

We will do our best to provide the services you have advised consistently and always with a smile and attempt to please and give that 'WOW' factor a little more emphasis.

With every appreciation and wishing you safe travels

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed in Best Western in deluxe room in October 2013

Hotel and its facilities are nice. It is New Hotel. Furnishing and Toilet amenities are adequate. Beds were comfy. |Good size adult and children pool. KL Tower and Petronas towers can be seen from Kids pool area.

No coffee table to keep food and only option is beds if anything is required from Room Service Menu. Food prices were acceptable for in-room or restaurant dinning

Check-in/Check-out was smooth, I was asked to pay room charges and 100 RM extra to cover mini bar usage upfront.

Good buffet breakfast, options similar everyday during my five nights stay e.g. same flavor Fruit Yogurt and juices etc.

Location is bit of from tourist places but found Convenient as taxis were available. Hotel shuttle option is available but not frequent and requires reservation. Through out of my stay, we only met one honest driver who used meter otherwise everyone quoted higher rates and charged at least double the meter. My average transportation from and to hotel was 30 RM daily. Do consider this if decide to stay here.

No eateries available, so one has to depend on hotel dining options. As per one of the hotel staff, it is not safe to walk from KL Sentral in late night. I found walking to KL Sentral horrible anyway due traffic especially with my young and naughty kids :)

Generally staff attitude is good but had few issues as their tone suddenly change to rude. For instance, I walked to free shuttle with three seats vacant. As soon as I approached, I was asked if I had a reservation which I told NO. I was told rudely to walk back to the Concierge and reserve. The person who took me to desk asked the room number and then started assisting another guest issue without resolving mine.
Faced couple of other instances where I felt the word and tone selection was not appropriate.

Booked Putrajaya tour and airport drop off through Hotel and worked perfectly well. Must thank to Mr. Mani to arrange the service and the driver (forgot his name) who waited patiently while we did Putra sightseeing.

Overall a good and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Go far higher floors as it will not only give nice view but also avoid novice from nearby Mono and L...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sadaqat Ali S

Dear Sadaqat Ali S

An excellent comment referring to you stay and very much appreciated. Again a further training issue regarding the shuttle service and this is being followed up by the department head concerned. The Shuttle Bus is available for all our guests and whilst there is space constraints we do try to accommodate through a return 'pick up' service. We are extending the services as well and have purchased a luxury bus to accommodate further. The bus is to be delivered shortly.
Certainly you should be paying only the meter rate and drivers can be reported to the authorities or the hotel security team if payment above the fare charges are insisted upon by the driver.
We welcome your return stay very soon and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here because of good price, close to KL Sentral, had a pool and is apparently a new hotel. The staff here are great, very accomodating and resolve problems immediately. On checking in I was upgraded to a club suite because the room I had booked, through their website, wasn't available. The room was massive, 2 seperate bedrooms and bathrooms plus a lounge. The kitchen worktop had huge scratches all over it and the general appearance of the room looks dated, if its a new hotel its been well used! The pool was closed when I stayed here, problem with pump or something, I was dissapointed but not really the hotels fault. I had paid extra for a late checkout the next day, on returning 2 hours before my agreed checkout time there were already 2 guys cleaning the room and were in no rush to leave after I had turned up. I was very disappointed by this because I had some business calls to make, needed to wash and pack before I left, meaning I would now make the bathroom dirty again, go figure. I contacted reception who told me to ask them to leave, which they reluctantly did, was it my job? then when I was in the shower I had a knock at the door, answered the door to a tv repair guy, I appreciate the effectiveness of staff here but if I am checking out in an hour is it really necessary to disturb me, just to fix a tv?
Overall its a good hotel, I had a minor gripe which was no big deal really, if you like walking the location is okay, as can easily walk to Chinatown 20 mins or Sentral 15 mins.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank scratchyfoot

Dear Scratch Foot

Indeed a training issue between the front desk and the housekeeping department. This has been attended to by myself personally as well as the department heads concerned. Certainly the room remains under your registration until you have 'officially' checked out of the hotel.
Thank you for your understanding and your support and I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of the room with its space and many amenities providing comfort and enjoyment.

I really appreciate you bringing the matter of the cleaning of your room to our attention. I trust we can welcome you back to the hotel on some future occasion.

Sincerely.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel from 12th to 15th October with my wife and ~2 years daughter. The hotel is good with the services and helpful staff, specially the front staff. Taxis are available from the hotel itself but you'll be out of luck if u want to catch a taxi from the taxi stand close by. The positives include fabulous dining options in the hotel and the axing food they serve. Plus the exceptionally supportive front staff. Negatives include a kitchenette which offers literally nothing but a wash basin. God knows what purpose that would serve. The primary reason for choosing the hotel was the kitchenette where I thought we could warm milk for the baby and my wife, who's a strict vegetarian, could do some cooking. This was really disappointing. Besides that, the connectivity is poor and the hotel is far from any tourist activity...sight seeing or shopping.

Choose this for the restaurants and lounges and good front staff. But other than that, other better options are available in KL.

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Pradyut M

Dear Pradyut M

I am concerned that you found the room facility not up to your expectation. Indeed where kitchenette is mentioned on the website there is in brackets 'No cooking facility'. However the hotel can provide a microwave on request and the front desk would certainly have accommodated if the request had been placed. The hotel is surrounded by historic sights, the most notable being the 18th Century Railway Station and the Roman Catholic Cathedral. The Blue Mosque is approximately 20 minutes walk from the hotel and China town only 15 minutes distance from the hotel. The new Sentral precinct contains a shopping precinct and Brickfields houses numerous small local shops to pick from and meander through. I am sorry you didn't experience our Spa or indeed our swimming pool which is enjoyed by many of our gusts especially guests with young families. During your visit we placed a well known North Indian Chef in the Kembali Restaurant to provide enjoyment on an extensive North Indian Buffet which is receiving acclaim from residents in the area. The accommodations are spacious and receive acclaim for their in house services including bath, shower, smart TV and movie and entertainment systems.
I do trust we can welcome you back to the hotel on some future occasion where we can demonstrate and assist the services offered by the hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was time consuming to park at the hotel. Hotel guests are required to park on L1,L4 and L5. This wouldnt be a problem if the parking bays at L1 could accommodate more than 10 cars! The parking level were followed by L2A,2b,3A,3B. Signage was misleading and not accurate, (showing a straight arrow pointed to the wall). Been travelling quite a lot, unless this is a budget hotel, they shouldnt be charging hotel guests for parking. I was charged a fixed rate of rm8 even after i validated my parking ticket. I dont know where did the "premier" in this premier hotel went . This was troublesome as I go in and out of the hotel often. Other than the parking issue, this hotel is just wonderful.You would have a good start to a wonderful stay if you dont drive your way here.I had an extremely fast check in and out. The fastest i have ever experience I must say. I had the option of putting in a deposit if i wanted to. (Room service bills will be deducted from your deposits )The room was super clean and tidy with all amenities complete. Had a good sleep and a nice warm bath.( bath salt was provided too)

Room Tip: I noticed a church right beside the hotel from my room. Some prefer overlooking it, some dont mind...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Zaff88.
The car park charge of MR 8.00 (USD2.53) for your whole stay is the private operator's charge for the building which houses a separate tower of offices and suites. It is maintained to cover minimal operating costs for them. The hotel has negotiated favourable terms for its guests. Honestly, some hotels with the same reason would charge higher rates due to higher operating costs and so our rates are excellent. Charges you would find are placed into the accommodation rates in some instances in hotels which can lead to higher room charges. This hotel does not apply that policy.
Thank you for your complimentary comments on the speedy check in which the hotel tries to accomplish at all times, even before the 'fixed' check in time.
We appreciate your feed back and hope to welcome you back soon.
With very best regards.
Ian Hurst.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of times at their suite as well as deluxe. I would reckon this hotel cater the most impeccable amenities by far! All their staff is very friendly and helpful. The Hugo's on 6 serves a very good BBQ spread and good to enjoy with a nice sunset by overlooking kl's skyscrappers. I must say Mr Melvin the restaurant's manager is doing a very good job in running this premise. Kudos to him and the entire crews! Nevertheless, the breakfast buffet at Kembali is not bad either. The only drawback is the hotel's location. The hotel address couldn't be located in the WAZE (gps mobile app). Will definitely revisit for birthdays or gatherings.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tham177
Your are so correct! I have written about it so many times to our Tripadvisor viewers regarding the wonderful views of KL from our pool deck and looking out over the roof tops to the city towards the Twin Towers. I know Melvin will be delighted that he has made your stay special and I will be certain to pass your comments onto him as well as put a complimentary comment to him in writing. We will certainly get a fix to support the GPS mobile apt.
We look forward to welcoming you sometime soon. A brand new menu exists now in Hugos on 6 and Melvin can't wait to show it off!
With best regards.