“Great location and rstaurants”

Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #76 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great location and rstaurants”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I spend two days in Best Western Premier in Kuala Lumpur very near the Central station , moreover near Petalling street and Little India . I had great buffet breakfast and an excellent rooom service dining.

The rooms are very spacious and very good rate value for money !!!

Sincerely

Paolo

Room Tip: Very spaciuos rooms the best for Family and leisure
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BWP2Sentral, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Paolo P,
It was a great pleasure receiving your valuable feedback (tripadvisor.com) regarding your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral- KualaLumpur

We are pleased to learn that you generally enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your comments with our team members. Your feedback is very valuable in our search of service excellence and I thank you to share it with us.

Mr.Paolo P, we looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral- KualaLumpur for your next visit.

Aurelio Giraudo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were greeted personally by the very likable GM, Mr. Giraudo, at the entrance of the hotel on arrival. He even made arrangements for me to park my bike at the main entrance where it could be securely parked. A nice touch welcomed by us bikers!
Checking in was fast and we were shown to our room. The room was brand new with generous sized bathroom. It also had a separate living area. Nothing to complain about!
Breakfast selection the next morning was plentiful. This hotel is great - Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Simon S
Dear Simon S,

Mr.Simon S, we looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral- KualaLumpur for your next visit.

Sydney
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My mother and I stayed at Best Western Premier, Dua Sentral for 4 nights from 6 - 10 July, 2012. We had a wonderful stay, the staff were great, front desk, concierge, housekeeping and breakfast staff. Nothing was ever too much trouble, whatever we enquired about, they were only too happy to help us. Check in was a breeze, concierge took our bags and brought them to our room in no time. Loved having the office in the room to use my computer with the free wifi.
On the 2nd day they realised there was a problem with our air conditioning and left a note under our door to inform us that they would like to change our room due to this. I let them know that this wasn't a problem for us and were happy to stay in that room.
We had a deluxe room which was huge and everything you needed for 2 people. It was great having the 2 basins in the bathroom and the toilet and shower separate.
Breakfast was one of the best I've had, there was a huge variety and the staff even made coffee for you and brought it to the table. You could order eggs cooked, any way liked them, fried, scrambled, omelette, poached etc. This was included in our room rate, which was a fantastic price for a 4* hotel.
The shuttle service was great, especially to Bukit Bintang. We also walked a few times to the Hotel from the monorail station (Sentral), about 10 - 15 minutes. The hotel is a great location, monorail is about a 10 minute walk, so u can catch it to Bukit Bintang and China Town.
The pools are very nice, although we only got to had 2 swims. 1st time, we stayed for a bit, then went shopping, had to be ready by 12.00 to catch the shuttle. On our 2nd last day we had decided to spend the day by the pool, we only got about half an hour in and then it started raining, so ended up going to the shopping centre.
I can't fault our stay at all, we had a great time and will definitely return. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality at a great price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rita D
Dear Miss Rira,

Miss Rira , we looking forward to welcoming you back to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral- KualaLumpur for your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 10, 2012

when I wrote to this hotel enquire about the visit for June, I was also informed that the hotel was ready during my visit in late June, with no accrued points, and no special upgrade for the Diamond Club members. One lady by the name of Lureng or similar to this name also informed me about the shuttle service. However, I was glad I didn't book it. Best Western brand is more of the motel brand along the highways of any US route. The addition of Premier didn't seem to be reflected on its human capital.
Upon checking on www.bestwestern.com, it shows no such hotel on Kuala Lumpur but instead, one can easily find as other OTA portal like agoda, asiarooms, KLrooms....
Apology should be be used lightly for the uncertainly of the opening.Something for the management to seriously consider of rebranding hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank inxpekto
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during their opening week. Unfortunately things are off to a shaky start if our stay is anything to go by.

We booked our stay via wotif and got a great rate that included breakfast. We were aware that it would be the opening week but decided to give it a try because of their proximity to the Lake Gardens and surrounds. We travelled with our small child and clearly requested a cot at time of booking.

We arrived around 8pm after an international flight. At reception they had no record of our request for a cot but told us they would call housekeeping. Check-in was vague. There was no explanation of any hotel facilities or what we do for breakfast etc. We assumed there would be more information in the room.

We had a one bedroom apartment and the décor was interesting and modern. It still seems a bit unfinished with no art or anything hanging as yet. The kitchen has NO facilities beyond a kettle and a sink that doesn't have hot water. Not even a bottle opener. There are cupboards and drawers with nothing in them. We found this disappointing as one of the reasons we had chosen a hotel room with a kitchen is so that we could have more options for our son's meals. We had to make do with the two coffee mugs and teaspoons that were in the tea-station. Luckily I had packed some dish washing liquid and we could boil water for washing because the lack of hot water and soap in the sink was a total let-down in terms of travelling with a child.

We waited a while for the cot to arrive before calling house-keeping. This was the first of many "I'll find out and call you back" conversations that we had during our stay. The cot eventually arrived after about an hours wait and two calls from us.

While we were waiting for the cot, the next step was getting some dinner for us all. We were impressed with the whiz-bang TV ordering system and proceeded to order three dishes.... and we waited... and waited... and the baby fell asleep... and we waited. After 45minutes we called room service and had yet another "I'll call you back" conversation. Five minutes later they called back and said it would be about 15 minutes wait. At that point I said "well, cam we cancel one of the dishes as my son has fallen asleep" and was told, no, it was already processed. ? I couldn't be bothered arguing so I let the order proceed as-is. The food arrived 15 minutes later with two complimentary juices to make up for the lost order. The server didn't quite admit that the TV ordering system doesn't work but told us to "just use the phone from now on". The food was OK.

Before bed I called reception because I couldn't find any information on breakfast. I got yet another "I'll call you back" responses before it was confirmed that, yes, our breakfast was included and it was served on the 1st floor.

In the morning there were no high chairs in the restaurant but one was located and brought to us after 10 minutes or so. Breakfast was nice, Lots of staff on hand and the food was tasty.

After breakfast we decided to try to pool and gym. The gym was not yet opened (no one had mentioned this earlier) but the two pools were great. The only downside was there weren't any towels so we had to ask one of the staff that were up there. The pool cafe wasn't finished either so there were a number of tradesmen working which wasn't ideal for a relaxing swim.

After our swim we headed off to the park and left the "make up our room" light on. We got back about 5.30/6pm to find no housekeeping had occurred so I had to make a call for someone to come and at least empty the bins and get us more drinking water. This was far more complicated then it should have been with two "I'll call you back" phone calls and then the lady that came to our room seemed unsure of what I needed from her when I handed her the bin full of dirty nappies... I wanted the bin emptied...

Feeling a bit exasperated we met up with our family who was staying at the same hotel for dinner in the hotel. We decided to order a la carte rather then go for the buffet. We placed our order and my three dining companions were served but I waited and waited. My husband finished a salad and a noodle dish and my meal still had not arrived. Our server was apologetic but not really doing anything to get me my meal. I ended up eating after my companions had well and truly finished and their plates had been cleared away. Because we were eating with two small children that were eager to get to bed, I had to rush my meal and the whole experience left me really unhappy. As we were leaving we realised the drinks we ordered never arrived so they were scratched from the bill. A man who I think may have been the manager came up and said "oh no, you're leaving, I was going to bring you free dessert." I explained to him that the gesture would have been appreciated while we were still sitting but at this point we had left the table and had two crying children so returning to our table wasn't our preferred option. As a compromise he "comped" my husband's salad.

At this point, my sister (who was staying at the hotel with her family) and I decided that after two disastrous evening meals in a row along with no housekeeping, waiting excessively for the cot, the lack of kitchen facilities and the general feeling that staff had no idea what they were doing- it was time to make a complaint. The young man at reception had no authority to assist us so asked us to write a letter. We sat in the lobby and composed a list of grievances from our two rooms and requested that, as an act of good will, we be granted a very late check out. We handed our letter to reception and hoped a manager would sort it out. My sister received a note under the door addressed to her and referring to her late check-out but we had to follow up with TWO calls in the morning because we had no idea if the late-check out was for one or two rooms.

On the plus side, we were granted a late check-out. Our concerns were listened to and the resolution we offered the hotel was granted.

There was no housekeeping on the second day either but I was beyond caring at that point.

After we checked out at 6pm I approached concierge for a taxi to the airport. He was flustered by my request and repeatedly told me "I should have asked for one hours ago!" I explained that our flight wasn't until after 11pm so we weren't in a rush but we wanted one when it was available. He eventually calmed down and informed me it would be about an hour because of traffic and the rain. That was fine, no problem with the wait but his attitude was bizarre. I didn't feel as though we should have to apologise for wanting a taxi during rush-hour or not ordering one until I checked out. We were happy to wait in the lobby but the concierge really tried to make us feel like we'd broken some rules.

Anyway, as our taxi arrived a young man collapsed near us and I went to assist him. A number of staff approached but didn't seem to know what to do. I was suggesting they find his family or get first aid but meanwhile the concierge man was ushering me to the taxi. His final words to me were "come on, he has only collapsed"... like that was normal...

Sigh.

All in all, our stay made us eager to leave. We were very aware that the staff were all new and that it was the hotel's first week in operation but in all honesty, if this is any indication of what the future holds, this could be Faulty Towers on a grand scale. Nothing about our stay felt relaxing or premium.

I really doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank J_Yeo1980
, Marketing & Communications Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral!

Thank you for selecting BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral as the preferred choice of hotel accommodation.

Please accept our sincere apologies on the unpleasantness and the inconvenience that you and your family went through during your stay in the hotel and rest assure that similar situations will not be repeated.

Kindly be informed that our kitchen in the 1 and 2 Bedrooms Suites are without utensils and facilities. There is also no hot water in the kitchen. Hot water can only be found in the bathroom.

As a gesture and apology on our unacceptable service standards, we would like for you to visit us again. We would appreciate if you could contact us at marcomm@bestwestern.com.my to discuss further on ways we could make up to you.

Thank you and have a good day!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Hotel cancelled at last minute, Just about to fly out of the country. Received an email informing me the following....
"The hotel informed us that they will be having a trial run during the month of June 2012 and is unable to accommodate you. This is to ensure that every room is being inspected and passed their BEST WESTERN International standards set which in return will contribute to a comfortable and memorable stay." Talked to the booking agent & they informed me the hotel was overbooked.
The hotel has been booked since the Wed 25/04/2012 12:58 PM, Now only being told about this a few days before I leave. Want to let others know about the way the hotel has dealt with me so others don’t fall into the same trap . To be fair they did offer another hotel at a different location however from the reviews on Trip advisor people didn’t write flattering reviews.

Hope this information helps others.
Not happy as you can tell.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
15 Thank Chris H
BWP2Sentral, Marketing & Communications Manager at Ramada Plaza Dua Sentral Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hi Chris

Warmest Greetings from BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Dua Sentral! We apologise for the hassle that you have to endure. We are doing a trial run at the moment and have limited of rooms for sales.

We will be offically open to guests by mid July 2012.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Thank you once again and have a good weekend ahead!