“Treasure trove of beautiful things”

Peter Hoe Evolution + Beyond
Ranked #7 of 125 Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Peter Hoe had started stocking for Christmas when we visited. The store is stocked to the rafters with gorgeousness. Fantastic block print cushions, tablecloths and napkins, so original and beautiful. The christmas decorations add a fantastic glitter to the normal offer. Large paper stars and hanging vintage style baubles. I challenge anybody to go to the store and come away without making a purchase!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"floor"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I must say I was a bit unsure if I was ever going to find Peter Hoe Beyond shop. Directions on the net were not very good and everyone else seems to think the place was too hard to find for a first timer. That is how I found it: Go to Peter Hoe Evolution (lime green building opposit Central Market), find the entrance door, stand in front of it, looking at the street. Then turn left and walk until you find the first set of traffic lights, turn right at the Popular Bookshop, walk pass the bookshop and enter the first building you see after the shop. Go up the two flights of stairs (or take the lift) and it is there. Inside a great variety of good quality gifts, some of them I haven't seen in KL before. Ambience is good, very empty when I was there. Ps: the other shop at the green building, Peter Hoe Evolution, does not accept cash payments, so be prepared and take your card.

3  Thank LittleMsMe
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great shop. Expensive compared to KL prices, but quality and uniqueness is superior. Great cafe inside. One of a kind clothing and home goods. Perfectly situated for a morning in chinatown with lunch and shopping at Peter Hoe Evolution.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thks to previous reviews by others in tripadvisor, I found this place quite easily. Once u locate Petaling Street, look for a street sign which indicates Jalan Tun H S Lee. Then u know you are on the correct street. Next look for the shop with unit no. 145. The even numbers are on one side of the street and the odd numbers on the other side.
I like the materials and design found at Peter Hoe. Pricing to me is reasonable. One cushion cover cost ranges from RM59 to RM109. A small purse with embroidery cost RM39 while a casual cloth bag is RM69. The workmanship is better than those found in say Bangkok and the design of the cloth is beautiful. So I find it value for money. The staff are not very chatty but they are also not rude. You will probably spend less than an hour here unless you want to grab a bite an the cafe. If u wish to browse some batik print apparels, then head to the Evolution outlet. Overall, I think it is a different shopping experience from Bukit Bintang. So do drop by and take a look and you can walk around the Central Market and Chinatown area too.

1  Thank audreyc69
See more reviews
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited Peter Hoe Beyond last month. It was on weekend, and I feel like having lunch in a private place, unique, and full with sense of art. Instead of going to my 'always-visit' restaurant, I decided to go to Peter Hoe Beyond. A place I can find unique handycraft,either for buying souvenirs or just window shopping.

The location: It is impossible for me to know about this gallery and cafe by myself. It is in the hectic region of pasar seni, between those alleys and you need to come inside the building, (which not at all look like a place where a gallery could be in it!), take the lift to 2nd floor an ..voila ..finally you are in the heaen of Peter Hoe Beyon. One easy landmark will be, find the Vihara in jalan Tun H S Lee, and enter the building (office building) which door is exactly in front of the Vihara's gate. After that take the lift to the 2nd floor. My first visit was guided by my best friend, and remembering the Vihara is the best way for me to come back later by myself.

The art gallery:
It is absolutely the heaven. You can see beautiful unique stuffs there, but please dont complain about the price. It s a bit highend. Considering that the handycraft is very unique, I think the price has its own value. So..if you search for taste of art for you bed room pillow case, or other interior stuffs, here is the place to buy. But if you want an economical souvenir for all your office mate, this will make a big hole to your pocket. Better you go to Pasar Seni for souveir of RM5 each.

The food:
My friend said the food is good. I myself tried the chocolate brownies. It is absolutely freshly baked!!! and my lime juice is fantastic to balance the sweet brownies. I saw people order for spagetti, but i was coming for short time so I just only could have snack and drink. Will come again for main dish and the mud cake!

Place you can talk to:
If you want a nice place to chat and talk with your good fellows, or your love. This art gallery has everything for it. Not so many people around. And next time i come I will ask my love to buy me roses since a flower shop was just in the walk from pasar seni to Peter Hoe.

3  Thank Nurhayati_Anwar