“ideal location”

Ranked #165 of 340 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
“ideal location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

ideal located , next to the LRT.
though it is located in busy place surprisingly not noisy we slept well
plenty of great vegetarian restaurants close by
petaling street is walkable and so is merdeka sq.
rooms are smal suitable to sleep only.
ideal for few days stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank docsunny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel which has a convenient location.

Its is a little bit away from the little India area but you can walk it easily. The area around has interesting things to offer like a street market. You will probably find much better prices around this market rather than in little India.
there are also numerous restaurants around and a food market too.

The hotel facilities are pretty new and the room was very clean. First we stayed in room 404 and paid RM133.40 with no breakfast. The room had no window and was a little damp and a bit smelly. However the room had no marks on the wall and the furniture was in good condition.
We moved to a bigger room with window for the last two days. (just opposite to room 404) This room was a bit more expensive (around RM180) but definitely worth it!
Wifi signal was strong and worked very good throughout our stay.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and communication via email worked fine.

We'd definitely recommend Lotus Family Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing the street are definitely worth it. Room 404 was a bit damp
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIguelitoDublin
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great location, right in front of the markets. The rooms are small but cosy and clean. The bed were extremely comfortable and the service was amazing. Staff were friendly, try helpful and went over and above to make sure our stay in KL was as enjoyable and less confusing as possible. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bridget G
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is a very nice hotel. The reception and waiters are very good. They satisfied our need in the middle of night in a soonest time. The room is quite clean and fresh. They provided free water and lend you things such as hair dryers or adapter easily (not like in Bali when you have to pay 5,000Rupiah for a small hot water pot). The view from all rooms is very beautiful and I am so suprised with the price of the hotel. So cheappp. I will come back to this hotel in the next time coming to KL.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hoa_Chu
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The location was wonderful, and the daytime staff tried their best to make me feel comfortable. However, the night I checked in was a different story. Most of the rooms reek of cigarette smoke, and it took a few tries to find one that didn't. There are ashtrays in all the rooms, and no signs discouraging people from smoking, so effectively, there are no "nonsmoking" rooms at this hotel. As other reviewers have mentioned, sheets and towels, while clean, are often stained.

For a solo traveler, you might want to either find a hostel or splurge on something fancier, because I felt pretty lonely and isolated there. With no bar, sitting area or breakfast area, there was no way to meet other travelers, etc.

Breakfast voucher setup is okay, but a litle intimidating for a solo traveler who doen't know what to order at the typical local restaurant.

The power went off a couple times while I was there - but I imagine that happens from time to time in a hyper-air-conditioned city like KL. As I mentioned, the location was great for exploring Chinatown and a lot of the historic parts of the city, as well as for catching trains to other places.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank nobo
Bandar Seri Begawan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Came to KL to shop in the Jalan TAR and Jalan Masjid India areas. All the hotels I am familiar with on Jalan TAR were fully booked, so stayed at this hotel for the first time and it turned out to be a good find!
- Room was small but the bed was big.
- Bathroom spacious.
- Staff helpful and friendly.
- Free mineral water and biscuits
- Free wireless internet
- Close to 7-11, McD, Burger King
- Close to tourist attractions (Dataran Merdeka, Chinatown)
- Next door to Masjid Jamek LRT Station - direct to KL Sentral, KLCC, Kg. Baru, Pasar Seni.

Things to know:
- No refrigerator (if mgmt is reading this, can you provide an ice machine?).
- Room was clean, but sometimes the towels aren't.
- Breakfast is not in hotel building. Coupons given to be used in nearby restaurants.

I will not hesitate to stay here again if I need to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ruzanna23
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Spent 4D/3N in Lotus Hotel with my former office buddies for some R&R out of the country. Hotel is pretty much basic but it suited our needs. Some few comments though to justify my rating. First would be the room that we stayed in. Both the bedroom and the bathroom was clean and okay. However, I was surprised to see some sheet stains in the area I was going to sleep in. This made me conclude that there might be potential bed bugs in there as well. We had a late evening check-in during our first night so I didn't bother asking the hotel to change them. Instead, we just used the blanket to cover the stains. Thought I was able to solve this simple dilemma but it then became a problem because the air-conditioning was directly towards my area which felt really cold early in the morning. Didn't want to turn it off either so I just hoped that they changed the sheets the next day. Luckily, they did but only during our last night at Lotus. Until then, I had no choice but to use the blanket and sleep on top of the stained sheets during our second night. Apart from that, I was surprised to see that we didn't have any refrigerator in any of the 3 rooms we booked for our group. We had to drink our leftover beer warm each succeeding night. Other than the two mentioned, I pretty much enjoyed staying here mostly due to its proximity to the train station. The Masjid Jamek (part of Little India) station was directly across the hotel. Takes only two direct train stops to get to KLCC or a total of 3-4 stops with one interchanging station to get to The Pavillion. As for the breakfast, the experience was a first for me. Instead of having your typical breakfast buffet care of the hotel, we were each given a $5 ringgit voucher every morning which we could avail any time during the day (doesn't have to be during breakfast). The voucher entitled us to purchase any meal from the first three cafeterias along our street. Of course, we ended up in the last cafeteria which we thought was the best. The voucher was enough for me to order a Roti (they have different Rotis to offer) and a Teh Tarik to start my day right. Overall, I'd say my stay was an overall average to good experience. I'd probably consider staying at Lotus again if I'm travelling back to KL on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends