“very nice hotel, good atmosphere, and the hotel staff is very friendly”

Ranked #51 of 345 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Sampit, Indonesia
“very nice hotel, good atmosphere, and the hotel staff is very friendly”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at night, and very grateful thanks to the check-in staff who gave us a free upgrade to a suite. The rooms are very big but I do not understand why there is not have tooth brush, hairdryer and bath tub in suite room.
breakfast is very nice and very complete.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wie T
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Wie T,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and taking the time to write this review. I am delighted to know that you you had enjoyed your stay overall.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the upgraded room though you were little disappointed that it didn't come with a bathtub. Our suite rooms comes with complete amenities and I'm surprised that there were not hairdryer & toothbrush in it which is something that we have to investigate further.

We are happy to hear that the buffet breakfast is to your liking. It is our pleasure to deliver our best service to you. We look forward in welcoming you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staff here are very friendly and efficient. They up graded us to a suite (from DeLuxe) which was spacious and clean. However, the toilet seat was broken and the shower would suddenly go Cold and then back to Hot. There were some nice mirrors but the only place to use the hair dryer was where the tea and coffee was?! There were 2 televisions but not one single International News Channel just CNBC, and not many other good channels either. We were looking forward to breakfast but it was disappointing although the fruit was excellent. Very little choice for those that do not want Nasi Lemak or other Asian delights. Coffee was lukewarm and the staff response was Zero! The location was quite good, 10 mins walk to Berjaya Times Square, although there are big road works on Jalan Pudu.
We doubt that we would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dennis146
Dear Denis146,

Thank you for choosing Furama Bukit Bintang…and for taking the time to post this review. I am never proud to know that we failed to delight a guest but I am always grateful for feedback so that we may learn and improve.

I was sorry to read your comments regarding the room shower temperature & broken toilet seat which we have already rectified it accordingly. I'm not sure if you've realized but regarding the use of hairdryer, we have plug points located next to the writing table and not necessarily only at the coffee / tea facilities.

I also note on your comments regarding breakfast and have share it with the food & beverage team. We do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Have a short stay-cation over the weekend for my Girlfriend birthday celebration. Booked for a club floor room and pay additional for the balloons decoration in room. I was delighted by the free upgrade to a club suite with a spacious space.

I was very enjoy there during my stay, and appreciated all the kind service from all the hotel personnel. I would like to take this opportunity to compliment few staffs: Heeda,Kopila., Mr. Rafael and all the staff at club lounge. They could easily remember our name and greet us with a very welcoming manner. I can't remember all the staff name but indeed all of you have make my stay a perfect one, especially Mr. Rafael, who is very kind understanding and friendly.

However, below are some recommendations to improve that I would like to highlight to management team:

1. Suite should come with a tub.
2. Newspaper should provide to club floor guest.
3. To add on more variety for breakfast.
4. Should indicate clearly for the charges of local call. (I was charged for a call make to Johor even the call was failed, and i thought that Johor is considered as LOCAL as it is within Malaysia)
5. To improve cleanliness in room, perhaps some renovation needed as the furnitures look old.

Overall, my stay is a perfect one.
Definitely, I will be back in the near future and will recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucas C
San Pablo City, Philippines
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were a group of 31 who stayed for 4 nights. Ending up in the Furama Bukit Bintang was pleasant. The staff were warm and friendly. The sales manager, Choi, even came to visit with us and checked on our needs whenever she knew we were in the hotel. Food at the Spices Restaurant on the third floor was good and ample. The chef even came out to discuss our preferences when he realized we were a big group of foreigners that would eat there for the next few days. No free wifi, but a Deluxe room would give you a free lan cable. Best thing was how they accommodated my request for a room with a view. I got it - Petronas Twin Towers and KL Tower in the distance. With my curtains parted, I would fall asleep to the beautiful lights of the buildings. Awesome sight!! Thanks, FBB!

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for a room with a view. If you have more than one device and want wifi, I th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyPinoy
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear HappyPinoy,

Greetings from all of us at Furama Bukit Bintang!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel and we are happy that all 31 of you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments about our team members’ services, and the positive write up of your stay experience. We believe in welcoming our guests as if we were at home, and I am happy to hear that your experience was of a positive one. This feedback will certainly inspire the team to be outstanding in their service delivery.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

A high rise hotel in a pretty good location (10 minute walk from major shopping strip and close to public transport).

The rooms are very clean and comfortable and couldn't complain at all, especially given the price.

Good buffet breakfast, although the spread was a little thin on our final day (Saturday) as the hotel was so busy and a lot of the food had run out. Very minor issue though, still plenty of fruit etc

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew_Fuss
Dear Andrew_Fuss,

We were extremely delighted to read your review of the hotel and pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, in addition to the excellent location and surrounding areas. Your comments will certainly be beneficial to other readers around the world!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again in the not too distant future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The value for money is good, and the location right near the shopping area is very handy. The room was fairly clean and the toilet smelled of bleach, so they obviously clean the rooms before people check in, which is appreciated. Air conditioner worked well (even though it made a funny noise every 30 seconds, in room 505). The room was as advertised and as described.

Some downsides and recommendations to the hotel's management:
- Very few staff speak enough English to communicate effectively, which caused some misunderstandings during my stay
- For english speakers, there's only 1 movie channel and some US news channels. They need to get at least 1 more english channel e.g. UK/US/Aussie sitcoms/drama/movies
- The mattress was very old, spring, and firm. The sheets and doona were ripped/stained a bit.
- The general shabbiness of the furniture and hallways is a bit depressing. Perhaps some more magazines in the room or some decorations could brighten it up a bit.
- No free wifi; they should up the price $10 a night and provide free wifi to all guests
- Guests of the restaurant should be asked if they have food allergies as the waitresses can't understand the word 'allergic' and I had to leave the restaurant without ordering/getting food on the Hawker night because they couldn't tell me what did or didn't have shellfish in it. I couldn't risk it so had to go elsewhere for dinner. This could be an issue if someone stays there and accidentally eats something they're allergic to. Also, it lost them my custom on that night.
- The hallway wallpaper is falling off in many areas. It should be glued back down or replaced.

Overall, if you're on a budget like I was, it was worth the stay there to be close to the shops without spending a fortune on accommodation and I don't regret my stay. It was safe, reasonably quiet, and the bedroom and bathroom were clean and no insects.

Room Tip: Room 505 - aircon working fine and no problems with security.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AussieFem27
Dear AussieFem 27,

We thank for your feedback about our hotel and for taking the time to write your review. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of my team for the the quality of the room that you had experienced. We deeply regret that our products and services did not reflect the quality of service that we strive for. I have highlighted your points to both the Housekeeping & Engineering teams to ensure we minimise such recurrence.

I noted your comments shared your experience with the Food & Beverage team.Rest assured, that all the issues concerned will be given due attention accordingly. We look forward in welcoming you again to Furama Bukit Bintang

Thomson, Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 4 spend 3 nights there, loved the rooms and the facilities, my son used the gym and was very pleases with what was there.
The location is also very central and is within walking distance to the berjaya Times Square.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Tachyang L,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent visit to Kuala Lumpur.

We are glad that you find the hotel facilities & location to your liking. All in all we are happy to hear that your stay was satisfied.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future