“Good value for money Downtown Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Furama Bukit Bintang

Ranked #49 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Melbourne, Australia
“Good value for money Downtown Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed two nights at Furama Hotel. We have to say that location is great as Bukit Bntang is one of the busiest centers in Kuala Lumpur. We were just a short walk from the Berjaya Times Square where you can find all you need, shops, entertainment and MRT station.
As for the hotel, it is clean, comfortable, service is very good and you can even spot the Petronas Towers from the 18th floor!
I can recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a great location and for a good price.

Room Tip: We love higher floors for the views!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Samydive,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Furama Bukit Bintang.
We are very delighted that you found our hotel clean, comfortable plus our location to your liking. The hotel location is certainly one of our competitive strengths which is near to business and entertainment area.

Once again , thank you for your compliments on the friendliness of our associates as well as recommending this hotel as a preferred accommodation in Kuala Lumpur.

Best wishes,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just checked into today 11th may 2013. I came in at 4:00 PM and my room was still not ready, got told that i have to wait for 30 more mins if i need a room with king size bed. the staff's reception was just ok, room was average if i compare it with other 4 star hotel. I requested for baby cott and never heard back. Rooms have only a cable for internet and you have to pay 10 RM for 2 hour internet only, that non-sense. I am checking out tomorrow and definatly going to stay in some in some other hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank saif i
Dear Mr Saif i,

Please accept my most sincere apologies regarding the delay in checking in to your rooms as I understand how precious time could be.Meanwhile, I also have taken note regarding the baby cot request that you never received. I will review this matter further for future improvements with the related departments. All rooms are equip with internet facilities and wifi it is complimentary for the deluxe room categories onwards.

I really wish we noticed your discomfort right away at the time of your stay to be able to fix things right away. I hope this will not affect your positive perception to choose our hotel.

I look forward for the opportunity to have you stay back again at Furama Bukit Bintang.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed in Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang for 2 days 1 night, the room is big and clean. The staffs very friendly and helpful. When I step in to the hotel, there was 2 reception counters occupied by 2 guests, but we was served by one of the staff immediately. When we enter in the room, the TV remove control was not working, the staff also replace it within few seconds after we highlight. I found the staffs in Furama hotel have a good customer first mindset. Well Done!
The buffet breakfast in Spices Furama is good and more choice. Food that we had ordered for dinner in that restaurant is delicious, we really enjoy it!
ONLY one issue hotel may consider to improve, is the swimming pool, the pool is small. if the pool can be bigger, I think should be even better as a 4 star hotel.
I will strong recommend my friend to stay and I will be stay again in the future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Stellatan 86,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guest!

We are truly delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations toward the spacious room size, breakfast as well as the employees! Thank you for your willingness to recommend us and for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to acknowledge that our Guests have a memorable stay with us. Indeed, it is also our commitment to serve our Guests even better. I will surely pass your compliment to the employees as an encouragement, that the service rendered is truly appreciated.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

its a very good hotel , i had couple of comments about it which i had mentioned in my feedback to the hotel , location is not very attractive as its not in the middle of the city but in a walkable distance from Berjaya center Good for quick shopping and also IMBI monorail which could take you to the KL central station and from there you can move freely ,hotel is located in a place were there is bad smell around in the area , hotel is a bit old but very modern and well maintained , room service very quick , i had some problems with the toilets and internet connection which was fixed quickly within seconds a blink of a eye .. helpful staff in the front desk , tourism management and they could guide me where to go and what to do every day i was in .. breakfast was included for me but it wasn't pleasant because they have very limited verities and kind off smelly food would not recommend the restaurant but if u have no choice then u can go ahead with it not awful but also not and excellent food also limited verities for dinner and lunch .. so far its good and very helpful people over there, u can book a room with this hotel if you have a good deal like i did i got a promo fare from Expedia but wouldn't recommend it for a higher price or pay more than what i did .. overall Good deal would recommend it to every1 if having good promo.

Room Tip: look for a deluxe room , as it has a room all inclusive internet , WiFi and breakfast for 2 .. other...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mohamed S,

Thank you for reviewing Furama Bukit Bintang!

It is our pleasure to have you stayed with us, and I am glad to hear that you enjoy the convenience of our location & the facilities of the hotel. I’ve also noted your input on the food and beverage presentation and varieties as this was not to your liking. We will definitely review on this matter.

I very much appreciate your compliments to the hotel staffs and also for recommending us to fellow travelers!

Kind regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at Furama for one night.
Its a good location, right next to the huge shopping mall, metro station, taxis and street food. However one of the main reason to book this hotel was swimming pool. Unfortunately it was small, dirty, old and right next to the hotel restaurant. I didnt enjoy being there at all.
Although i have to say breakfast was delicious. They have a lot different kinds of food. I'm sure you always find something to eat.
Staff was kind and helpful. Room was clean. Bathroom very big and also clean.

But i wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mmm18
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Mmm18,

Thank you for reviewing Furama Bukit Bintang.

It is our pleasure to have you stayed with us, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel room, and especially on the size & cleanliness as well as the large variety spread in the breakfast selections. I’ve also noted your input on your comments on the swimming pool. I hope you will find us improving upon your next stay at our hotel.

Should you coming back to Kuala Lumpur, I look forward to welcome you again at Furama Bukit Bintang!

Kind regards,

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Furama after reading the reviews from Tripadvisor. The standard of the hotel is rather disappointing. I put a request for babycot, and a king size bed, but I was not given a cot and I was given 2 single beds.

Upon check-in, I asked the hotel staff if I could get a free upgrade. Not only was I not given any upgrade, she ignored me completely.

The condition of the hotel does not appear to be renovated in 2011. The wall paper along the corridor was torn, there was mildew on the toilet tiles, the basin was dirty.

The bedsheets in the room were dirty. There were footprints, yellow stains and blood stains on them. I did not ask them to replace, thinking they will change it the next day when they make-up the room. I was completely disappointed that they did not change on the 2nd day. The blood stains were so obvious! And not only one patch. There were a number of patches!

Toiletries were not given on day 2. I did not ask for more as I brought my own. But what I want to comment is this is the only 4* hotel I have stayed that do not top-up toiletries daily. They did not even provide an extra roll of toilet paper.

The beds were hard and lousy. I expected better quality from a 4* hotel. If this is a 3* hotel, I will not comment on the bed. I had extreme backache after sleeping for the first night.

The price is ok but not the service. The location was also not good. The nearest is Bejaya Times Square. We can cut across the shophouses and reach in less than 10mins. But that is the only place. I prefer other hotels I have stayed in Bukit Bintang where the shopping areas are just beside the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Happy Tango,

Greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang!

It is a great regret to read about the shortcomings happened during your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling short of our usual standards.

I have taken note from your comments regarding the housekeeping issues which will be further discussed so corrective steps could be taken and to ensure these inconveniences will not happen again to our Guests in the future.

I really wish we noticed your discomfort right away at the time of your stay to be able to fix things up. I hope this will not affect your positive perception to choose our hotel.

I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Sunshine Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed there twice during April. Both rooms comfortable on 13th and 16th floor. Location is great - close to Times Square and walking distance to Pavillion. Pleaty of great eating places close by. Fantastic street food in one of the back street a short walk away.
The service in the hotel was very friendly, efficient and professional. I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher levels.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jaywee 1,

We are truly delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations toward the hotel's location, comfortable rooms, friendly, professional and efficient staffs.

Again, thank you for your contribution and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best wishes,