“unforgetable”

Ranked #51 of 348 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It is my 2nd time stay in this hotel so it speaks itself how I liked this hotel....the credit goes to my son Suneel who searched this hotel among other hotels and it was like hitting the Jackpot..first time I had booked three rooms and it was such a good experience that I shared my liking of this hotel with my friends back home,Pakistan and they also thanked me when they themselves stayed in this hotel. This time I booked our room well in advance fearing I may not get the room on the dates I wanted.

I must say that everything is perfect .You find here what you expect..the hotel location is good easy approach to all businesses places and above all par excellence service you get when you stay here.

I should also mention here about the Reception Manager Mr. Roger Gabriel who is always ready to help you and make your stay very comfortable..It is like staying in your 2nd home.

I am so glad that I discovered this HOTEL. I shall come back again.

Sheikh Salim Ahmed

Room Tip: Higher floors are best
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Salim201
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Salim 201,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experiences following your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang. Feedback from our guests is integral to our quest for excellence.

We are very delighted to learn how much you & Suneel enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments about the hotel, in particular of our associates, Mr Roger Gabriel are much appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team at the hotel.

I am sure they will serve as a further source of inspiration for us, in achieving even higher standards of excellence in the future. Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and patronage

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you & your friends from Pakistan back to Furama on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Mr Gerry D'Cruz can be proud of his well trained staff serving the Executive Club rooms and Lounge; we arrived at Reception and were immediately taken up to the Club Lounge where we checked in by the friendly Lounge Manager and were shown the facilities available to us.

The Club room was well appointed and overlooked the City and everything was spotless; the mini bar had a few soft drinks and chocolate and was restocked each day (included in Club price),

The Club Lounge has a fantastic view of the City and Petronas Towers which when lit up at night is wonderful and drinks & Canapes are served from 6 to 8pm (included in the Club price); Breakfast was also served in the Lounge. All staff went out of their way to ensure that we were happy

The Hotel is within easy walking distance of the Beraya Times Square shopping complex, Bukit Bintang eating areas and the Monorail. We walked from China Town to the Hotel without any problems.

We can recommend the Club package as the extra cost is well worth it and if you have any problems, speak with Mr D'Cruz as we are sure that all will be resolved.

Room Tip: If you like a drink and good rooms, go for the Club Package
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr & Mrs Wood,

How kind you are!! Thank you for your warm words, and for posting this review on Trip Advisor.
Thank you for highlighting our unique location & recommending this hotel to others.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I give credit to the associates of this hotel who strive their best in ensuring total customer satisfaction experience and your positive comments about the hotel, in particular of our associates are much appreciated and have been communicated to the entire team at the hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you & Debbie back on your next visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm sat at the hotel pool right now, at 1:30pm and have been here since 9am after breakfast. There are only 5 sun loungers so we wanted to get 2 of them quickly, which is why we were here early. We booked this hotel as a luxury for our last 2 days of our 9 month backpacking trip solely for the chance to have 2 days of sun time lounging around the pool (top up the tan before returning bronzed..!). Today has been a major let down so far as the pool seems to be on the wrong side of the building for catching the sun. What is the point in a pool with sun loungers when the sun is hidden until the late afternoon? We asked at about 11am if they knew when the sun normally reaches the pool area and they said about midday so we hung on. It's going to take at least until 2 or 2:30 until it reaches us. I'm irrationally annoyed at this as if we'd known this we'd have gone and paid to use another hotel's pool or even booked somewhere else in the first place. It also doesn't help that they're renovating the kids pool so there's boarding and scaffolding up, even though nobody has worked on it since we've been here. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT A SUNNY POOL AREA... I may as well be inside!
To add another 2 pennies worth, the coffee in the room and at breakfast is terrible.
The staff are lovely, the breakfast itself was a great buffet, the bed comfy and the bathroom large.
Currently (4th March 2013) there are roadworks outside the hotel, which we have a horrible view of from our room and which I can hear whilst at the pool.
ABSOLUTELY GUTTED WE BOOKED THIS HOTEL. Tomorrow I think we'll pay to use another hotel's pool. Harry and Chris, UK

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in this place twice in the last week of February, 2013. And during both stays, the room reeked of cigarette smoke. Service was also lousy. Toiletries were not complete when we went inside our room. And service requests took a long time. Elevators are small and cramped.

Stayed: February 2013
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear lexbonife,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay with us.
Your comments are invaluable to us in our efforts to improve our standards of service to serve you better.

On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us recently. Rest assured we will address all the shortcomings to prevent it from happening again. We are certainly capable of better things and do apologise once again for not being able to have met your expectations this time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist anything else. We do look forward in having you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

It is located in the Golden Triangle area, only few minutes walk to the Bintang Walk (tourist belt) and Monorail station. The serves was of average standard. The free buffet breakfast provided various Western, Chinese, Malay and Indian cuisine. We stayed in 2 family en-suites which can
accommodate 4 persons (2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 2 bathrooms and 1 bar area) in each en-suites. The en-suites are very large with a good view of the skyline.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lui W,

Thank you very much for the invaluable feedback. It is with feedback from esteemed guests such as yourself that gives us the opportunity in gauging where we stand with our service delivery and product.

On behalf of the team, I would like to extend my heartiest appreciation for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Rest assured, we will look into your comments to see how we can further improve our services and product.

In the meantime, my team and I look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I travel via KL each year and enjoy the shopping in Bukit Bintang area for a day or so. We are not alone and many travellers do, so we have seen prices for 4-5 star accommodation steadily rise over the past six years. We like a comfortable place with a pool, a close walk to the major malls and Low Yat Plaza (the electronics are for me, as my wife is the avid shopper). We decided to give this new hotel a go and we were very pleasantly surprised. The service was great and even though we had a minor plumbing issue that required us to relocate to another room, it was handled very professionally. Both rooms were plush and spacious with great views. This time we were impressed by breakfast and so stayed in for the buffet dinner. The food was great and we definately over indulged. There were many pleasant surprises even after checkout waiting in the lobby to go the the airport. For a very new hotel, they have their act together. Any negatives...the roadworks outside the hotel provide a small inconvenience having to cross over to avoid then... but that is only a temporary issue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn L

Dear Jan_n_Glenn,

Thank you for your posting a review of our hotel and the kind words. We are very pleased that we have been able to create memories for the both of you and that you had a pleasant stay with us. As we take pride in providing you exemplary service, we strive to ensure that all aspects of our services are provided to you with satisfactory . I apologize for the minor plumbing issue that you had encountered in your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next vacation to Malaysia.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent two nights here after a trip to Kuching. The location was great for Times Square and other shopping Malls. It was also only a very short taxi ride to china town.

We stayed on the 8th floor which did not have great views of the city but we were out all the time this was not a problem for us.

The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and the staff were really helpful and friendly. we were upgraded to a suite which was a little dark during the afternoon but brightened up at the day progressed. Yes the funtiure in the rooms was slightly dated and worn but on the whole the room and bathroom were more than adequate for our needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBondSomerset
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Mrs Bondsomerset,

Thank you for your sharing your review with regards to your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang.

Overall I was pleased to see we met your expectations from a value for money perception and that you enjoyed the service and facilities on offer. I'm also happy that your breakfast experience was excellent and the staff were ever friendly & helpful. This comments will be certainly pass along our staff members.

The location of the hotel is very strategic and close to tourist destination as well as world class international malls. We certainly look forward in welcoming you back again.

Best wishes,