“Dissapointment”

Ranked #49 of 346 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Initially i was quite impress with the looks but the moment i approach the receptionist i was vastly dissapointed - not only did he not greet but he was very rude in response of my request to switch room - please do train your staff on soft skill and on 'how to be more respectful of others'' .. I am greatly disspointed :(

Check in on 18 sept 2012 @ around 10pm

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank rihashah
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Rihashah,

It was indeed a pleasure having you with us recently may we take this opportunity to express our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with regards to your recent stay.

We, at Furama Bukit Bintang, strive to provide a experience equal to your expectations, therefore, the quality of the guest experiences are of the utmost importance to us. An intimate and objective knowledge of how we perform in the customer's eyes is critical in moving this hotel to a higher level.

I read with embarrassment that we have failed in our endeavor. There are very few words that can be used to rectify a situation after it has occurred other than to say we are sorry. We will certainly look into improving the service at the reception.

We look forward in welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I booked executive suite there. And their service was so amazing. Best service at hotel ever!! I love the room, so big. The living room is so comfortable. The bed is amazing. The executive lounge is the best. Open 7 am to 9 pm. I got complimentary coctails too, at 6 pm- 8 pm. Cool! Value for money. Only around 350rm, you can get the best service ever! The staffs are friendly, helpful, full of smiles. The location is ok, near Berjaya Times Square. Just walking distance, you can find Sungai Wang Plaza, Lot 10, Fahrenheit 88 and Pavilion. From Pavilion, you can walk through the bridge, to go to Twin Towers. Best hotel ever!!!! And they have these shuttle car to go to KLCC or Pavilion, but only one way, and only 3 times a day. I think they need more schedules, and better they add more times.

Room Tip: pick room with privileges to executive lounge. won't regret it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 873yennyw
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Ms Yenny,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel feedback on your recent stay experience with us and special thanks for your support and the fantastic review - extremely delighted to hear you had a great experience.

All of us here look forward to welcoming you back when travel plans bring you to Kuala Lumpur again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 14, 2012

we decided to book furama as we had stayed in one in bangkok whcih was great and as we were in KL for quite a few nightsthis seemed like a good place and realtively low cost. unfortunately as soon as we arrived the problems started .we asked to change rooms as the room config was no suitabel as we had an extra guest staying and were told a new key would l be brougth to the room. 20 mins later and my 3 year odl exhausted no key and then eventually the luggage person , who was very good and quite embarrassed by the whole thing went to get the key. We then went to the new room and the key did not work so waited another 15 min for it to be fixed. then the key did not work in the elevator and i saw this was an issue for many other people as well . be warned there is a bog problem with card keys in this hotel. in the room itself the shower was broken whcih was fixed and then the shower started leaking. The rooms are a little tired even though the hotel is relatively new. there is buffet in the spices restaurant and this is quite good value and the staff there are generally pretty good though I did meet one who was trying to cajole me into paying cash for my meal rather than charging to room presumable so he had more chance of getting a tip which irritated me . many times i rang up for service yet there was no urgency aroudn this and they often seemed o forget i had veen called . Finally on checking out i asked fo help with luggage and after 20 mins no one came so I rang again and after aother 10 mins no one came by whch time our taxi was already here. eventually i went to reception and todl them i needed to get my bags now after waiting about 40 mins.

Generally a hotel that needs a lot of imporvement.with the exception of the restaurant staff are generally unhelpful or completley lackin in any kind of knowledge around service. i wold not stay in this hotel again - there are much better options in KL even if you have to pay a little more money.

i wrote all of this down in feedback to the hotel but , of course heard nothing back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank paul_t_singapore
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights with 3 friends. Overall we were very unsatisfied with our stay and would not stay at this hotel again. Having said that, it was just a few issues that completely ruined our stay. If it hadn’t have been for a few issues we would have been very happy.

Let me get the negatives out of the way first and then we can move on to the positives.

1. Poor Service .........................................................................

On our second night we decided to have drinks at the pool side bar. A waiter came to take our order reasonably quickly. I wanted a Heineken beer but the waiter informed me that was out of stock. I then choose a different beer which was also out of stock. It turned out that out of the 5 or 6 brands listed they only actually had the local Tiger beer in stock. We then waited for over 30 minutes before being served. This would be excusable if the bar was busy but it was just us and one other small group of people in the bar. During our wait, staff were preparing tables for breakfast the next morning. It felt like we were their last priority. When we were eventually served there was no apology or explanation for the unreasonably long delay. After our first round of drinks we decided not to order a second round as we didn’t want to wait another 30 minutes to be served.

On the third night we decided to try the pool bar again. Maybe our bad experience was a one-off. Again the place was virtually empty. The waiter took our order and again I ordered a Heineken beer. I was quite pleased that he didn’t say it was out of stock as with the night before. Again we waited over 30 minutes and no-one made any attempt to serve us. We noticed the waiter that had taken our order was busily preparing tables for breakfast the next day and no-one had been near the bar to prepare our drinks. This time we were quite annoyed so my friend approached a member of staff appeared to be in charge and asked what was taking so long. She informed my friend that they did not have Heineken in stock (30 minutes after we ordered!!). My friend came back to our table and five minutes later a different waiter comes and asks if we would like to order. At this point we had, had enough so we got up and left.

2. Double Charged For Services .........................................................................

The hotel provides free wired internet access in all rooms but for WIFI access you must pay 10MYR for 2 hours. We didn’t have a laptop only our mobile phones and it was my friends birthday so she wanted to check Facebook and her emails. She paid the 10MYR in cash at the front desk and was asked to sign a receipt before being given an access code.

On checking out of he hotel we were asked to pay 10MYR for WIFI access. We informed the member of staff checking us out that the 10MYR had already been paid in cash. He showed us the receipt my friend had been asked to sign and pointed out that “CTR” has been written on the receipt which apparently means “Charge To Room”. We again explained that we had paid cash for the WIFI access but he insisted we must pay. His only suggestion was that we pay by credit card and then file a claim with our credit card company. We decided to simply pay that cash and get out of that place without any further hassle, though we made our dissatisfaction with their service very clear. We are still not sure if it was a genuine mistake on their part or if the staff member who took the cash or if they did it on purpose so they could pocket the money. 10MYR isn’t allot of money but still, its not nice to have something stolen from you even if it is only a small amount.

3. Lifts Are To Small .........................................................................

Every morning we had to let several lifts pass us on the way down to the dinning area as they were too full and could not fit any more people. When we did eventually squeeze into a lift it was a long ride down as the lift stopped at every floor and waited while people tried to figure out if they could squeeze in or not.

On our last day we were in a rush as we had to leave on time to catch our coach. We decided it would be quicker and more comfortable to take the stairs from the 23rd floor to the 3rd floor where the dinning are is. When we reached the 3rd floor we found the exit from the stairway went into the kitchen. Luckily a member of staff noticed us and directed us through the kitchen into the dinning area.

4. Clean Rooms .........................................................................

On the positive side the rooms were clean and tidy. The sheets were changed everyday and they replaced the complimentary bottled water everyday also.

5. Quality Breakfast .........................................................................

The breakfast was very high quality. I enjoyed the freshly baked croissants and the omelet. The coffee was also very nice.

6. Good Room Service .........................................................................

Although a little expensive the room service was very good. I ordered burger one night and it was delivered promptly by a very courteous staff member.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin F
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Mr Kevin F,

Greetings from Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies in relation to the experience you received during your recent stay.

Rest assured, we have taken the time to discuss this matter with the hotel team members, ensuring the team members focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests and maintaining the consistent standard of the hotel.

In relation to the comment of double charged for internet usage, I would like to investigate further. Would appreciate if you could write to me at gerrydcruz@furama.com and provide me with detailed information.

We thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Only with feedback can we continue to improve our service standards.

The team and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, the hotel will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 12, 2012

nice hotel, suitable for a family, they gave us 2 bedrooms with a small sitting room which is perfect for a family of 4 people. the conscierge Anwar is very helpful and respectful . the location is ok not so far from the city center, but the hotel need a permanent maintenance.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr / Ms Carole,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Furama Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. We appreciate your positive comments on the rooms,as well as the friendliness of our staffs and location of the hotel. Also, thank you for sharing with us your concerns about the maintenance as this helps us improve our service level. We look forward to welcoming you back to Furama Bukit Bintang if your travels include Kuala Lumpur.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We booked the hotel through Agoda and got a good deal.
The staffs are very nice and they gave us a free upgrade to the executive suite.

Pros:
- affordable
- 5-minute walking distance to Berjaya Times Square
- complimentary internet access in all rooms
- big safety box that can fit a 17-inch laptop

Cons:
- chaotic breakfast experience
- we saw a couple of small cockroaches in the cabinet and 1 used creamer left in the bar

for pictures of our stay:

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Your comments are a valuable tool in our commitment to provide higher standards of service to our guest. It is gratifying when one of our guest takes the time to let us know of their satisfaction. We will certainly pass along your comments to our staff.

Whilst compliments are nice to receive, it was always a disappointment to hear from our guest that their stay was not flawless. It is constructive criticism such as yours that help us take necessary corrective measures, bringing us closer to our goal.

I appreciate the time that you took time to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you

Singapore
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Tiny lifts:
The lifts were tiny and thanks to their almost full occupancy, I was squeezed like sardiness packed in a tin in their lifts most of the time. Going down wasn't somuch trouble but when you go up, everyone that enters the lift will need to swipe the room card to access their respective levels. Pls note, in my four nights stay there, I had to go back to the lobby to check my faulty magnetic stripe card on three occassions. My friend staying in another room had the same issue. Can you imagine how much hold up time there is in the lift, juz queueing to press our floors with a terrible magnetic card?

To make matters worse, Sat noon, I was trapped in the lift when headed down to the Ground floor ( no access card needed). I was alone, the lights went off completely, the lift jerked, and stopped. I pressed the alarm button and to my shock, no sound was triggered. No voice answer activated whatsoever, and there was no cell network in the lift at all. Luckily for me, after several minutes, the lift shook again and the lights came back on. The lift stopped at level 10 and the doors opened on its own. Needless to say, I continued my way down by stairs. I later feedback the incident to the manager and he said, there's no problems with the lift but he will check it out. No further response at all. I wonder if he even did anything about it.

Faulty items in Corner Deluxe room:
I had prebooked an additional room for the weekend as more friends were coming over. To our surprise, the remote control battery back cover was missing, we had a suite for two with only one set of toiletries. The phone in the bathroom seemed to be tugged off from the wall, leaving a gap in the wall, exposing the worn out wires. The phone seemed to be thrown upside down on the bathroom floor and the room seemed to be uninhabitated or maintained. We felt kinda queasy in the room and decided to head to the lobby to request for a change of room. They told us we had to upgrade n pay extras as all the other deluxe king sized bedrooms were full and all corner rooms which we were trying to avoid

Service:
Service staff were all there to do the minimal they could, barely managing a smile when they assisted with your queries and even on the phone, it seemed like they couldn't wait to hang up on you.

I will never never stay here again. Unless u haf no other choices, I strongly urge that you do NOT stay here.

Terrible rooms and service. Room design was good for the executive suites we upgraded to. However, if you're looking for superior/deluxe king bed rooms, just forget abt Furama. Even though you specify king bed in your booking, they will accept your booking and later say that it is subject to availability in their tiny T&Cs, while other hotels will tell u there's no king bed rooms left upfront

• Stayed September 2012
Gerry D, Executive Assistant Manager at Furama Bukit Bintang, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear valued guest,

We thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenienced faced during your stay. We have taken the liberty of using your comments in our Head of Departments Meeting to ensure that issues like this does not occur, esp. when it comes to service matters.

At Furama we do not practice any double standards and we stress and agree with you that this is by far unacceptable and unsatisfactory in any hospitality organization.

It was always a disappointment to hear from our guest that their stay was not flawless. Your comments and suggestion will be seriously looked into, it is constructive criticism, such as yours that help us take necessary corrective measures, bringing us closer to our goal.

Once again, I appreciate the time you took to write and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Kind regards,